Website up

WISE

Ok--I have spent several hours building my own website. It is nowhere near complete (or as professional looking as I would like). Anyway--please check it out--let me know your opinions. I have tried to get several people to build one for me, but it seems that getting them the content has been my problem. So I figured I'd try it myself!

I am ok with it as it is better than the nothing I had before...however, I feel is reeks of homemade.

www.WeDryFloods.com or www.AshleyRiverCarpetCare.com both will get you to the same place.

Also--I need to find out about getting that cool drop-down spotting guide from Andrechelle.

Take Care--WISE

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
Here are some thoughts:

Step back and go to your site imagining that you are your prospect:

What questions would you want answered first?
What would you like to find out that would make you call this company rather than anyone else?
What concerns do you have that no one else has answered quite as well?
What do other people say about this company that might make you trust them?

That will guide you to what you might want to do to help create your finished product.

That said, congratulations on a good start. Having a good website is moving from a "nice thing to do" to a "must do" in both the cleaning and restoration industry.

WISE

Thanks Jim

Excellent questions to be answered. I DO have a long way to go with it...but I plan to work on it for 1 hour each night until it both looks good and answers the type of questions you posed. Gotta start somewhere!

Take Care--WISE

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
Your welcome. Visit some other sites and see what you like that others are doing.

The important thing is that you have gotten started. Every time I get involved in a project that seems overwhelming, and also is one that I should have started months or years ago, I'm reminded of something a wise man once said to me:

"The best time to plant a tree is 20 years ago. The next best time is NOW!"

Stay with it!

Bryan Irvin

wedryfloods.com

Michael, website looks great!! Although the address sure reminds me of my email address :wink:

Bryan

WISE

Bryan

Yep.

If you go to GoDaddy you can put in a keyword (s) like "flood" or "dry" or both and it will kick out TONS of addresses that are available. That was #1 on the list...a few more that would be good ones are still there. I also have TesDrying.com, EmergencyWaterRemoval.com and a few more I can't even remember right now. The trick seems to be to get a short one. AshleyRiverCarpetCare.com and EmergencyWaterRemoval.com are just too long. Somebody has arcc.com and ashleyriver.com (that school by Barnes and Noble). Anyway, if you reserve a domain on GoDaddy...go to google first...type in "GoDaddy promo code". Then you can find some promo codes to get discounts at GoDaddy.

Check your PM in a few.

Take Care--WISE

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom