Website

DavidB

I got to thinking a little bit about websites and how they appeal to our customers, and I have been looking at a lot of carpet cleaners websites.

The question is

Is having a website enough nowadays? or does it have to actually be informative and well presented?

A lot of carpet cleaner websites are just their address and phone number saying that they'll clean your carpets, is that enough for today's consumer.

Name
Bruce
I will throw my 2 cents in here.

I think I have a decent looking website. I have only ever booked 2 jobs off of it that I know about. Both jobs together have probley paid for the website for 4 years. Not bad.

I think what's wrong with my website is it's not personalized enough about my business being local and home town, im going to change this soon.

Chat with Mark Cermak and his wife about websites and how they work, he knows alot about it. They also build and design websites for this industry.

alazo1

Name
Albert Lazo
Bruce, I'm surprised you don't get mor business from your site. Maybe your area is not dependent on the net yet.

You probably know but you come up #1 and #2 in google for "carpet cleaning bay city". :clap:

I agree to talke to Mr. Cermack (spelling). Even if you have a site up I believe they'll optimize it for you.

Albert

Name
Bruce
I averaged 21 unique hits a day on my website this month and as far as I know not one of them called for a job. I'll keep on working on it to see what I can get to work. My next step will be to have Mark and Andrechelle make a price quote page. Maybe people don't want to email in their questions and they would rather fill out a form , I dont know. :-)

alazo1

Name
Albert Lazo
That's surprising Bruce. Do you know how long the visitor's average time spent on your site?.

If it's too short of a time you may want to rethink your content.

You got the hardest part down, there coming through your doors.

Albert

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
Bruce,

If you simply call your contact us section "Free Quotes'
you will get more on-line action.

Many surf while a work, but the are not able to call.
-Or they will ask for a quote if you make it easy for them to do business with you.

It just makes sense for them to contact you with the computer they are already on.

When someone calls you on the phone do you ask them to log on the the computer to set up an appointment?

A lot of websites overlook this reality.

Name
Bruce
Thanks for the suggestion Dave, I have changed my "Contact Me" page to the all new "Free Quotes" page. Now I'll just have to wait and see how it goes.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom