Websites that suck

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
It's not better to have a website that looks like crap than no website at all. somewhat amus

Take a good look at your website. If it looks unprofessional, crappy, amaturish, thrown together or anything close to looking like a 5 year old built it......take it down, redo it or build another one. :x

Call someone like Cermack or any pro that can at the very least make it look like a "real" company instead of a lemonade stand-esk layout.

I've seen some horrible websites and I just can't figure out for the life of me why anyone would post a turd on the internet expecting a potential customer to call. :cry:

You can spend all the time you want promoting your website and getting a ton of people to it but it doesn't me a thang if you aint got that swang.
People will click out of your website in seconds if they don't like what they see. :shock:

Really, only 500 bucks will get you started and then you can build on it...that's if you have someone else do it. :!:
If you take some time and do it yourself, you can make it pretty as well...for next to nothin. :idea:

I'm just sayin. :mrgreen:

This has been a moment with Brian.
8)

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Where's your site Fred?
I don't like the dark color on your logo...the other was better.

And I was thinking of you when I did this thread. How you can make money without a website...better than having a crappy one.

joeynbgky

Supportive Member
Name
Joey
I like the dark color, and Brian if you are talking about mine, get over i'm broke and can't afford a better one!

Name
Lee Stockwell
However Joey CAN CLEAN CARPETS because he owns a real business with real machines.

Just rockin' back at you Brian..lol

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
FCC said:
I was gonna change the color again today but since I know you don't like it.......

and I was just disagreeing to disagree

Yes, I know...I still get the shakes when I see you online. Ivebeensold
That one in your avatar is much better.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
joeynbgky said:
I like the dark color, and Brian if you are talking about mine, get over i'm broke and can't afford a better one!

I wasn't speaking of yours Joey...but yours does suck. shiteatinggrin

Last I checked, I think it was all in Flash...you might want to get rid of that.

You can build a Yahoo site for nothing and host it for 12 bucks a month.
Anything is better than that thang you have.

Remember, your potential custys see that..how many has it turned away?

Lee, I gave up that "real" work crap years ago. :mrgreen:

Joey I really like your site. It is straight-forward and does a nice job letting your customers know what you are all about.

joey895

Supportive Member
Name
Joey J.
I disagree. My site sucks but its completely free because its homemade and still manages to bring in business every single month.

joeynbgky

Supportive Member
Name
Joey
Thanks, Daniel. I mean I know its not the best but, It is better than nothing and it has been getting me lots of jobs lately! so now what brian? brian you just worry about network carpet cleaning and get me some jobs ok? And why is there a network carpet cleaning ad in my local craigslist? Just get me more hits on that and keep on making me money! ok:)

Dolly

I do no have a web site...not sure if ever I want one. Just to busy to fool with one or think about one.

I have seen many very well designed ones here and there......

Maybe one day I may slow down long enough to have one created.

Doug Cox

Supportive Member
Name
Doug Cox
I don't know anything about websites, so I'm basically screwed. I don't have the time to try to learn right now.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Doug Cox said:
I want to know how shitty mine is- americancarpetcleaning.net

Dude...it's not that bad.
I would put your phone and email where your logo it and move your logo to the left upper corner...move you links to just under that.
I normally would say don't use red...but it's not too bad how you have it.

Most important is your phone number, email and call to action.
Don't make the customer look too hard to call you.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
C&S said:
damn all this because you hate my site...

Honestly...it wasn't your site that I was doing this thread about.
I was looking at some other sites on FB and it just hit me how bad some are.

Way worse than yours. shiteatinggrin
But you could use some help. :mrgreen:

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
ascrubabove said:
Mine is clean and simple, wife made it, some of the pics are skewed a little but i think she did a good job. ascrubabove.com

I would tone down the green a bit.

Name
Nate W.
ascrubabove said:
Aint you married Brian? The WIFE made it that way, and therefore it stays that way, cause I like my wife happy! :lol: :lol:

Happy wife, Happy life! I concur, even though I'm not married yet... shiteatinggrin

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom