Weed Whacker noise from under the dash @ 2004 UD1400

Mikey P

Administrator
I got a call from the boys yesterday that a loud, totally random "weed whacker" mechanical buzz is coming from the area where that black metal box sits to the left of the fuse box.

No amount of rpm revs, gear shifting, on/offs or other wise could get it to stop of create a pattern. I had them drop the truck off at our mechanic who heard the noise yesterday but today it's completely gone...

any clue?

A

amazingcleansc

Mikey P said:
I got a call from the boys yesterday that a loud, totally random "weed whacker" mechanical buzz is coming from the area where that black metal box sits to the left of the fuse box.

No amount of rpm revs, gear shifting, on/offs or other wise could get it to stop of create a pattern. I had them drop the truck off at our mechanic who heard the noise yesterday but today it's completely gone...

any clue?

did you leave the emergency brake on?

hogjowl

Idiot™
I've had a similar problem for over a year. Mine is a clicking noise that seems to be coming from the area just in front of my left knee. When I fixed that rattling noise that was coming from under my seat, it left the cab quiet enough to hear the clicking noise. Since my radio doesn't work (I never got it fixed cuz there was no way I would have been able to hear the radio with that rattling noise going on) I can't drown out the clicking with music.

I bet all that space between you ears really amplifies that weed wacker sound.

Mikey P

Administrator
I had and have that same click come and go.

to the left of the speedo/tach 'dome" there is a seem/gap that you can press on or wedge something in to get it to shut up, also try and but some lube on the break fluid door panel.

boazcan

Name
Bryan C
Mikey P said:

any clue?

I have that also after about one year. It would come and go over the course of a couple seconds. Then about 3 mths ago, it went crazy for about 2 days. It was louder but the same ticking. It had something to do with the a/c fan motor. I had to play with the a/c several times to get it to stop - on/off, on/off, etc. It stopped and haven't heard it since - thank goodness.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom