Weekend? Not much left..

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
We had a storm blow in Saturday AM that dumped 3-4 inches of rain but more damaging than the rain was the fact that it packed high winds. The winds split off branches, pulling down power lines, and power to many homes. Without power to their sump pump’s they had flooded their basements. We had 4-crews working from 8AM to 8:00 PM yesterday on water damage. We processed 7-homes and parts of an elementary school & a couple of room at the local university.

It was already a busy weekend for emergency work. We already had 10 people coming in for a fire from Friday evening at a huge 8,000 sq/ft home.

Back to water damage this AM with 4-more residential flooded basements.

It was going to be an awful busy week before the huge fire & the water work. We haven’t been this busy in several years!

Time to go enjoy what’s left of the weekend….Sunday 3:30 :errf:

dgardner

Name
Dan Gardner
Emergency battery backed sump pump systems are widely available - Home Depot even carries them. Do people not know this?

Reactions: Desk Jockey

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Yes...I have one client that has (3) of them and...they all failed. :eekk:

Many things can happen, if you battery's aren't maintained, the mechanism doesn't function, too much water for too long and it drains the battery.

I have a venturi system backup, should I loose power, water pulls the water from the sump and pushes it it out.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Out of sight out of mind - until it fails. Interesting.
I wouldn't say it happens a lot because not everyone has a backup. However we hear about it when it fails and man are they pissed. Its more annoying when you have redundant systems and have failure.

I went water powered because I've heard too many complain that even with the battery backup it failed.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom