Weird Rug Cleaning email

RGH269

Name
Bobby Hales
I was checking my email this am and got one from a guy says he is moving to my area from another town and has 12 rugs to get cleaned and wants a price quote on them. Funny thing is about 3 months ago I got an almost identical email from a woman asking the same thing 12 rugs and even the wording was nearly identical.

Has anyone else got one of these? Is it some sort of scam or is someone having some fun with me?

Name
Lee Stockwell
Bobby lots of us have got that one, pretty widespread. Also phone calls from phone relay service for the deaf for the same deal.

It will involve you getting a big "check" from them and having to send part of it to the "shipper" for the freight. Then the "big check" bounces....

ALL BOGUS

RGH269

Name
Bobby Hales
Thanks that is what I thought. The one from the woman did say something in it about her having hearing problems and not being able to use a phone.

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
I got that one a week or so ago. He said he was undergoing cancer treatment, had just moved from WI to BC. Wanted to ship the carpets to my shop and then I would ship them to his new address. I just asked him for his new address, turned out to be a mainland address and said he would be better off finding a cleaner on the mainland. Watch out Willy :D

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom