Lots of good stuff on their site.

http://www.carpet-cleaning-equipment.net/

Never even heard of this TM company.

http://www.carpet-cleaning-equipment.ne ... unts.shtml

Shorty

RIP
Name
Shorty Glanville
If memory serves me well, I was pretty sure that the Banshee was distributed by SteamBrite.

Here's a few links some may find interesting.

http://www.pacificvacuum.com/used_carpe ... ng_ads.php

http://www.thefind.com/query.php?query= ... ruck+mount

http://www.***************/store/pdfdoc ... h_2010.pdf

The first one makes me wonder just how many carpet cleaners are getting rid of surplus get or gear that they are not happy with, or even biting the dust and having to sell up.

The second has a link to the Banshee, while the third gives the specs for the Banshee.

I'm interested in some of the Rotovac gear which I'll be checking out in September/October. :wink:

Ooroo,

:roll:

Name
Nate W.
I thought that was Kevin Wang's machine they build? You know, the SOVC valve? The electronic kunkle valve...

Anyhow, is there upgrade kits available for people using the older model RV360? Like being able to have a 2" port and get rid of the POS teeth knob to raise and lower the handle? The teeth get worn down from everyday use. The new twist lever and 2" port is a better design the the original.

Name
Eric Valentine
There is no upgrade kit for the old school 360. To get the 2" port and new handle, you would essentially be buying a whole new machine.

John Olson

Name
John Olson
Nate i'm sure I could help ya out. If I take it apart and ship it in pieces we can get it to go USPS. :)

cu

Supportive Member
Name
Cu
i had a banshee years ago ..it was a great little jobee for it,s size. very simple.. think judson on a diet

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Welcome Rotovac...bought my first Ninja from them in 03

Does every new sponsor get a warm welcome like this? :?

Mike Draper

I think every single carpet cleaner that wants to be able to tackle any job needs to have a variety of tools. The Rotovac 360 is an awesome tool to own. While each tool has its own use for each situation, the RV-360 will absolutely clean circles around any wand. It's great for apartments that are nasty. I you clean alot of apartments, you know that most always the carpet is dirt cheap poly and doesnt clean worth a shit. Go in right after some apartment hack scraped the dirt off the top with his wand and show them what the rv-360 will do. You will land that job. I'm not saying you will make money, but you'll get the job.

A

amazingcleansc

Mike Draper said:
I think every single carpet cleaner that wants to be able to tackle any job needs to have a variety of tools. The Rotovac 360 is an awesome tool to own. While each tool has its own use for each situation, the RV-360 will absolutely clean circles around any wand. It's great for apartments that are nasty. I you clean alot of apartments, you know that most always the carpet is dirt cheap poly and doesnt clean worth a shit. Go in right after some apartment hack scraped the dirt off the top with his wand and show them what the rv-360 will do. You will land that job. I'm not saying you will make money, but you'll get the job.

and everything that a rotovac 360 will do, an rx 20 will do better. I own both. the 360 just sees t&g

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
I have 2 originals and a 360 and since prescrubbing EVERY job with a 175 haven't used them. I am thinking about bringing the power wand back in my business. The web guy is awesome but if the rotovac want to know about customer service give me a call

Well regardless if Mikey likes Rotovac or not....I do!

There is a lot to like about Rotovac...

They make quality equipment that lasts...
They make light weight equipment that performs...
Replacement parts are readily available and priced reasonably...

I have previously written a review of Rotovac's Duel Cord CFX.... http://mikeysboard.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=36813 after using it almost daily for 5 months ...my opinion of it has not changed....it is a great piece of equipment....in the 5 months I have used it.... the CFX has performed flawlessly...at 50 to 100 ft ...with either 1 1/2" or 2" hose it will suck almost as good as a small TM. It is tiny in size, and only weighs 40 lbs. Every TM owner should have one for a back up or to use as a Vac booster.

I do rental turnovers....cleaning really bad carpets is what I do...used with the right chems...the Rotovac original is pretty irresistable to those really soiled traffic lanes. Yes ...it is slow compared to a wand, or a RX20....but at 28lbs you are more likely to drag it off the truck and actually use it for those stubborn areas. Want a faster powerwand? I use the Rotovac 360...cleans almost as good as the original...but easily 3 times faster....again only 28 lbs. With both powerwands ...water control is necessary...they can be supersoakers if you are not careful...which can lead to wick-back...there are always trade-offs in this business.

Both Powerwands are good tools...I really like the way that the 360 folds up....and will at some point want to trade my Rotovac Original in for a folding DHX model.

Typically I use my Duel Cord CFX, a Glided wand, a Powerwand, a "portable" Pump, and a Mytee Hot Turbo...and can bring "dead" carpets back to life. I would never consider using a 160 lb "Portable" ever again.

Thinking of hiring a female tech? My wife can carry all this light weight , truley portable equipment in and use it with ease to get excellent results on really bad carpets.

Hey Rotovac...want some advice...get with John over a Mytee and get them to produce a 200 psi , 10lb portable demand pump , and sell it in a package with your CFX, a Mytee Turbo Hot, and a Powerwand. I am using this combination daily and the results with this powerful light weight equipment is remarkable.

Mike Draper

amazingcleansc said:
Mike Draper said:

and everything that a rotovac 360 will do, an rx 20 will do better. I own both. the 360 just sees t&g

I suppose every one has there favorites. I owned an Rx-20 as well. RX-20 was way better for commercial..... a wand a with a pre-scrubber is 100x better than an RX. The RX wont perform as well on residential and who the hell wants to hall that thing up and down stairs?

miksar

Supportive Member
Name
Mike Fent
I also use the 360 (with glides) 95% of the time and love it. The other 5% I use the pw. I've never used the rx20, but I hear it is heavy, I clean a lot of 2 storys, I imagine that would be rough. I've always had good experiences with Rotovac, especially the service department. I hope they do well here.

A

amazingcleansc

I dont think the rx20 is noticeably that much heavier than the 360. I hate that tiny ass head on the 360. I just use it to brush grout lines.

actually, would any of you guys like to buy this 360?

Name
Nate W.
amazingcleansc said:
I dont think the rx20 is noticeably that much heavier than the 360. I hate that tiny ass head on the 360. I just use it to brush grout lines.

actually, would any of you guys like to buy this 360?

You'll need it when you go POG.

A

amazingcleansc

Nate, eat 2 pounds of sh!t.

Like i was saying guys, I don't really like the 360 I have all that well, and I just sold the PW.

I think if i could do it over again a 175 and a red pad would be the way to go.

I just bought a Cimex. I'm going to see how easy it is for me to get that bad boy into places.

Name
Nate W.
amazingcleansc said:
Nate, eat 2 pounds of sh!t.

Like i was saying guys, I don't really like the 360 I have all that well, and I just sold the PW.

I think if i could do it over again a 175 and a red pad would be the way to go.

I just bought a Cimex. I'm going to see how easy it is for me to get that bad boy into places.

No thanks bro...

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom