Well, It's only Monday and I'm booked!

joeynbgky

Supportive Member
Name
Joey
Well its Monday I am booked solid for the rest of the week..

I doubt if I will be able to fit anybody in at all. I also have about 9 apartments that need carpet cleaning that are not even written into my schedule yet! I guess it is good to be busy, but damn I am not going to run the second truck. I have a back up now that is nice. But I am the only one who can run it and I am busy with the cleaning girls. Plus I have to hire 6 more people by Friday for my big cleaning project! OMG it is to hot out to be on the truck this week! Yup, I am being a big pussy. My carpet tech grabbed his work orders this morning and guess what he said………….. I guess your not helping me today right? I said nope…… He said well………… you’re the new office BITCH then I guess. LOL I died laughing. But at 6 PM I am doing a medium size church by myself so he can rest. And at 11 PM I am doing Dennys by myself. I have cleaned (maidservice) 2 apartments by myself at 8 am-12 pm today. to help catch my cleaning girls up. I need a break. I don't care what anybody says, when your the owner there is lots of work to do at the office! The employees think I dont do anything somedays.. fook umm

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Yep killer week here too.

We have a bunch of work at two universities, a large church with school class rooms, 2-water losses this morning, and 3 WDR jobs we processed over the weekend. (one of them 3-floors at a nursing home)

It's nutz the phone has been ringing off the hook. The school district called has some emergency carpet cleaning we have to squeeze in tonight. The university in Topeka called and added more cleaning to Wednesday.

I wish every week was like this! :mrgreen:

joeynbgky

Supportive Member
Name
Joey
Its crazy I filled up all my slots last thursday! I think I will put one of my cleaning girls on a truck to help the tech out

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I've done that before in a crunch.

She didn't do any cleaning but she worked like any assistant would, vacuumed, moved hose, blocked & tabbed furniture, groomed the carpet.

Good help, but just no experience spotting or running a wand.

Ryan

It must be the time of year! I've got a big strip and refinish tonight, then I have to get up at 9:00 and do two houses. Two more strip and refinish jobs this week and I just got a message on facebook booking another decent sized one.

I'm almost out of my dirtcheap finish too! Its gonna suck to have to start paying full price for it again!

joeynbgky

Supportive Member
Name
Joey
Go to sams club and get the proforce (ecolab) finish its cheap and works awesome. I believe its 22 % solids. $18-22 bucks for a 2.5 gallon jug of it. sometimes its on sale too!

Ryan

Doc Holliday said:
Ryan do you do mostly homes or businesses?

All businesses for VCT, I work a lot of nights. About 50/50 for carpet & tile.

Go to sams club and get the proforce (ecolab) finish its cheap and works awesome. I believe its 22 % solids. $18-22 bucks for a 2.5 gallon jug of it. sometimes its on sale too!

I have a reputation as the young kid who does the best work around, I would start losing contracts if I used that stuff!

There is more to finish composition then just percent solids. Try some Spartan ishine next time you do a VCT job. You will use less of it and it will look & hold up better. Johnson finish is good also but at $160 a case, its not really affordable!

joeynbgky

Supportive Member
Name
Joey
I have used them all. I really like the proforce! seriously. try it on a small account, and see what I am talking about!

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
or you could order better products that the public can't get. You could also not be a hack and lay down an acrylic finish first but I see price is your concern. I prefer Betcos hybrid which is like 26 solids after laying down an acrylic finish but since 70% of your business is hard surface you probably do a better job

Ryan

Greg Crowley said:
or you could order better products that the public can't get. You could also not be a hack and lay down an acrylic finish first but I see price is your concern. I prefer Betcos hybrid which is like 26 solids after laying down an acrylic finish but since 70% of your business is hard surface you probably do a better job

What do you refinish floors with a time machine? Laying an acrylic sealer was state of the art technology back in the 80's, back when wax was really cornoba wax and 16% solids. I use all polymer or thermomold based finishes, neither require a sealer.

The public can't get my products you dimwit. Reread the thread I think your confused.... I guess being an "athlete" has it's downsides. :lol:

PS. For someone who "could care less about my business" you sure have a memory for numbers.

Ryan

joeynbgky said:
I have used them all. I really like the proforce! seriously. try it on a small account, and see what I am talking about!

Well if you and your customers are happy then keep making the dough!

I've used just about everything and Spartan seems to be the best for me.

KevinL

Supportive Member
Name
Kevin Leach
I used some Sam's finish last week after you guys were raving about it and it flaked off in spots. Had to re-strip and applied some Betco. Great shine.

BigMike

Name
Mike Swinson
We are booked completely into the second week of September. With the exception of Sundays, there is not a single free day. That's a blessing of course. We even have appointments already set for some of the holiday months. Christmas in July!

joeynbgky said:
Well its Monday I am booked solid for the rest of the week..

I doubt if I will be able to fit anybody in at all. I also have about 9 apartments that need carpet cleaning that are not even written into my schedule yet! I guess it is good to be busy, but damn I am not going to run the second truck. I have a back up now that is nice. But I am the only one who can run it and I am busy with the cleaning girls. Plus I have to hire 6 more people by Friday for my big cleaning project! OMG it is to hot out to be on the truck this week! Yup, I am being a big pussy. My carpet tech grabbed his work orders this morning and guess what he said………….. I guess your not helping me today right? I said nope…… He said well………… you’re the new office BITCH then I guess. LOL I died laughing. But at 6 PM I am doing a medium size church by myself so he can rest. And at 11 PM I am doing Dennys by myself. I have cleaned (maidservice) 2 apartments by myself at 8 am-12 pm today. to help catch my cleaning girls up. I need a break. I don't care what anybody says, when your the owner there is lots of work to do at the office! The employees think I dont do anything somedays.. fook umm

Name
Jesse
We switched to I-shine after trying it in a few places, looking back I think it was just the purple tint we liked. We've run into 3 floors where the I shine wouldn't fill the pores. You know when vct is stripped and dulls/hazes out, well on these floors the I-shine just made shiny dull spots. I also noticed that if you step on a almost cured area, it can stick to your shoes and actually peel up a patch.

I like Johnson's CareFree

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
I'm flyin back to Ont for the week, booking pretty steadily all month but no one calling for month end really. I find it interesting how no one seems to call when I'm going away, as if they knew.
You might get some calls Bob.

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
sorry for saying you probably do a better job you idiot

I use a sealer because there is a proper way to do things and there is a hack way. You seem to be a hack.

Shorty

RIP
Name
Shorty Glanville
Here I go again.

I'm now well & truly out of my depth with vct strip & seal.

Haven't done any serious work for the best part of 18 years, but I notice that some have problems with the sealer "filling the pores".

Like I say, I don't know nuthin' about the new stuff, but when ever I stripped a vinyl floor and rinsed it, we used to put vinegar in the rinse water then. :oops: shiteatinggrin

When dry, and prior to applying the sealer/finish, I would buff the floor with a red pad.

The friction/heat would seal the pores, then you'd use less sealer/finish when laying it down.

This would also appear to give a deeper shine when dry.

Just a suggestion from an old fart.

Ooroo,

shiteatinggrin

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
This week should make up for the whole month. I just need to focus...maybe keep off Mikey's Board a little?
Yeah yeah, sure sure.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
A little calmer today, so far no water calls to throw the day off schedule.

Although we added some cleaning yesterday that we are going to need 4-5 guys to work most of the day Saturday. (Boy they will be thrilled....not!)

Ryan

Shorty Down Under said:
Here I go again.

I'm now well & truly out of my depth with vct strip & seal.

Haven't done any serious work for the best part of 18 years, but I notice that some have problems with the sealer "filling the pores".

Like I say, I don't know nuthin' about the new stuff, but when ever I stripped a vinyl floor and rinsed it, we used to put vinegar in the rinse water then. :oops: shiteatinggrin

When dry, and prior to applying the sealer/finish, I would buff the floor with a red pad.

The friction/heat would seal the pores, then you'd use less sealer/finish when laying it down.

This would also appear to give a deeper shine when dry.

Just a suggestion from an old fart.

Ooroo,

shiteatinggrin

Next time you do one try buffing it out with a propane bunisher and a white pad. Your right it gives it a much better shine.

Tony Neville

Name
Tony Neville
Sat will be the biggest day of the year for us. Right now we are at 95 one day flips (out at noon on the 31st new people move in at 8 on the 1st) and counting.

Tony

Tony Neville

Name
Tony Neville
I don't think he could do it all by himself. (not that he wouldn't try) It will be a very long day for everyone!

Tony

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
It will, but next week you can relax when you bill it!

Be sure to take a cooler stocked with Gatorade and water and don't listen to Ivan, this is no time for beer. :wink:

Tony Neville

Name
Tony Neville
I don't think we get to relax until Feb. Love it when the student come back!

Planning on lots of gatorade, and snacks for the guys. Hoping for cloudy and cool but doubt it will happen! Watch it will storm and flood all weekend just to top it off!

Tony

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Our Saturday is suppose to be 99-degrees with chance of Thunderstorm. :shock:
So you will most likely be the same.

No chance of cool.......but you might get some WDR work. :mrgreen:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom