Well this is going to suck - broke my ankle

G

might have been better for you to break instead of sprain . I was in the marine corps in '92 and had just finished winning at pugil sticks - I ran off the bridge we were fighting on and had my hands raised up over my head ( whooping and hollaring ) and stepped off the side and rolled my ankle - it immediately swelled up .

My Staff Sarg . came up and asked if I needed to go to med holding , I said hell no - consequently I trained through it - it still gives me trouble if I run hard ( the next day it really bothers me . ) .

Just do what your capable of and pass the rest on to a local at a percentage - it will hurt the finances a little , but it will be better off in your recovery in the long run .

Able 1

Name
Keith
meAt said:
the "risk" of being a one man show with no "plan B" implemented, I'd say.
Been there, done that in '92..my second year of a desperately struggling biz
Couldn't walk for a month..my ankle was busted like Jay's... PLUS screws and plates to put my busted up pelvis back together.

..L.T.A.

Damn Larry, isn't that pelvis injury THE absolute worst pain ever? 2 years ago I was in a car accident (Tboned) and my elbow was compleatly destroyed, and I had a crack in my pelvis. I had surgery on my elbow and three weeks later I hired a helper(he did most everything and I was exhusted after 2 jobs) and hobbled through the day. The worst part for me is I had no plan B and for that first three weeks I was depressed as hell with my phone ringing off the hook and telling them I couldn't service them. :evil:

Good luck, to you Jay and I hope for a fast recovery!

exploited

this must be a common thing for carpet cleaners i feel for you. Lately i tore a tenden while starting a huge job by falling down several stairs :oops: stupidly worked through the pain for 4 hours and one of my hoses put a hole in here wall funny how all bad things happen at once. Dont recommened working through the pain angle had swollen to size of apple and had to take a week off.

Al

I have a partime guy, who needs the work. He is 21 clean cut and an awesome worker, super good with clients.
I'll be heading to SF on the 29th but the staff knows of your situation and we would like to help if we can.

:)

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Able 1 said:
Damn Larry, isn't that pelvis injury THE absolute worst pain ever?

yep. Intense excruciating pain
It was one of, if not THE most painful injury I've ever had.
after about 6 months though, It was much better and I was off all pain meds by then.
My ankle probs lingered for years and years..and STILL gives me issues to this day..and it really wasn't all that bad of break

..L.T.A.

JCoviello

Able 1 said:
The worst part for me is I had no plan B and for that first three weeks I was depressed as hell with my phone ringing off the hook and telling them I couldn't service them. :evil:

Good luck, to you Jay and I hope for a fast recovery!

Thanks for the kind words, I guess the good news is we are booked solid through October already? We booked 41 appointments last week alone - our strongest week to date! Figures. lol

It really is time for another truck on the road.

Al, thanks again for the offer - I'll give a call over on Monday

Daniel I have Aflac. I can't remember the exact number but unless you have something like 5 people on the plan, there is not "disability benefits" type plan. Perhaps that's just in my state, I don't know. I will get a few hundred dollars which will cover my health insurance deductibles etc and they will cover a little over future deductibles for PT etc if I need it - oh and they gave a $125 payout towards "appliances" (Crutches, brace etc). I wasn't sure if it was worth it, now I'm kind of changing my tune.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom