Were flooded

Al

With floods! :shock: Were getting like 30 calls a day, way more than we can handle and it's going to get worse shiteatinggrin !

I could pass out some work if anyone wants

gotta go 8)

tmdry

Name
Bill Martins
Dammit I hate you Al! :shock: :mrgreen:

Ps...congrats.

ACE

Name
Mike Hughes
I don’t know how the restoration focused companies deal with the unsteady work load. It’s hard enough keeping things running smoothly with fairly steady work on the cleaning side.

Al

We had over 40 calls today, seems like every house in the state has an ice dam situation and half of those have intrusive water, plus 59 inches of snow on the ground and pipes bursting everywhere.
We have a big flood job at a library on 2 floors and people are calling for CC when we are usually dead.

This AMAZING 96 year old lady who lives alone had a flood and the poor thing was shoveling the water into the sink. Her son flew in from Fl. This is a 2 claim job a broken pipe and a leaking roof.
100_2300.jpg

8)

Mike Hogan

We got the same here Al.........Shane at Steamway has eqpt that I'm picking up tomorrow.

Good to see all this adjuster/agent,plumber marketing pay off.

Al

Another big snow storm coming, we got automatic phones calls from the emergency station telling people to get the snow off the roofs before the new storm :shock:
Ice melt and roof rakes are out of stock everywhere, you have to be there when an order arrives.

Got a whole McMansion fllood yesterday, leaked all the way around the perimiter of house, from Ice dams, every room has damage on 2 floors.

and a single floor condo, 2 inches everywhere.

Besides my back going out and a i wanna die stomach bug. I'm having a blast :mrgreen:
I'm feeling better today though

Ed

Name
Ed Prevost
That's awesome Al, congratulations.

How many techs do you have?
Of the 30 per day, how many are you actually accepting and doing, or are you placing them on a waiting list?

When we had the bad ice storm a couple of years ago, we received 22 calls in 24 hours. We had 12 full time techs and it was tough getting to them all in a couple of days. We had to start placing them on a waiting list. By the time we got back around to calling them, most had found someone else.

Ice dams are pain in the ass claims. The good thing is that they usually don't present the "emergency" factor that a broken pipe does. Are you guys removing the snow from the roofs or are you requiring the customer to do it?

What you are experiencing weahter wise is a typical winter up here. We don't get that volume of claims, but I guess homes up here are built a little differently to guard against this. We've had relatively no snow compared to downstate and east of here. Of course, I bought snowmobiles this year thathurts

Al

Hey Ed,

I have 3 full time techs, one of them is me.

I have several part time people I can call.

We have been clearing the roofs ourselves, up on some pretty crazy roofs, prolly why my back gave out :mrgreen:

Not sure me how we get em done?

I do put them on a list and take the choice jobs

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom