Wet streak during wand stroke

Jamesh921

Name
James
I have a 1.5", 2 jet, S-bend wand that I got with an EZ120 I bought about 9 years ago. When pulling the wand with the trigger engaged, it leaves about a 3 inch area down the center of the stroke that is much wetter than the outside edges of the stroke. I have back-flushed and blew air through this wand thinking that maybe it's partially stopped up. Nope, all is clear, no obstructions. I've reduced the pressure down to 250 psi and it still does the same thing. My Powermatic has plenty of vac, so that's not the problem. Any other wand I use with my machine works fine, so why does this wand leave a wet streak down the center of the stroke?

James

G

Gnu

your jets are worn out. and over lapping. use a 6501 jet set. it has a smaller degree angle and less flow. get the 6502 and 6503 for nasty jobs that should set you up awesome man. Let me know how this helps out. p.s. get stainless and make sure you get the screen sleeves with anti siphon

Jamesh921

Name
James
Hey, that's good Bob. I'll put a spacer in there tomorrow to verify that you're right. Very insightful. I didn't think of that. I'll post tomorrow evening and see if that helps. Thanks!

James

lance

James, life is short.....you really deserve to treat yourself to a new wand, especially after 9 years. Get a Prochem Quad or a Greenhorn wand. And maybe buy some new vac hose too.

Don't forget about a glide for the new wand. Just think that's it's Christmas in Sept.

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
ya that would happen to me before i got my greenhorn...
i drilled a hole and put a spacer between the wand lips wit a long reach pop rivit......IT WORKS...till you discover the blob of lint that is collected by yor "spacer"
yes lif is too short to run a crappy wand...if you can't afford a greenhorn wand.....
you shouldn't be in business!

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
Jamesh921 said:
Hey, that's good Bob. I'll put a spacer in there tomorrow to verify that you're right. Very insightful. I didn't think of that. I'll post tomorrow evening and see if that helps. Thanks!

James
actually the BEST way to fix that problem is to STRETCH APART the lips by inserting a wedge of some sort between the lips a spread them WAY apart...until they stay apart...sometimes i've spread then an inch or so...till they would come back to the original space and STAY THERE!!!

THROW THE WAND AWAY!!!!

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
meAt said:
when's the last time you changed jets??

they DO wear out

..l.T.A.
JHC Larry...it ain't the jets........the lips are going on "lockdown" and collapsing in the middle.
don you know NOTHING?

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
bob vawter said:
meAt said:

they DO wear out

..l.T.A.
JHC Larry...it ain't the jets........the lips are going on "lockdown" and collapsing in the middle.
don you know NOTHING?

It "might" be the lips collapsing , Bob..I never said otherwise.
but if the jets haven't been changed , they need changed TOO

now go tell that dude about the Werner pump

and get my tee-shirt here BEFORE the snow flies, huh??

..L.T.A.

meAt said:
bob vawter said:
meAt said:

they DO wear out

..l.T.A.
don you know NOTHING?

It "might" be the lips collapsing , Bob..I never said otherwise.
but if the jets haven't been changed , they need changed TOO

now go tell that dude about the Werner pump

and get my tee-shirt here BEFORE the snow flies, huh??

..L.T.A.

I want a T shirt.

Jamesh921

Name
James
Sorry Bawb,
I lost track of this thread. It was the lips collapsing. Over the past 10 years I guess they were slowly closing. I opened them up and all is right with the world again.

James

Mike Draper

you still deserve a new wand, and your clients prolly deserve to have their carpets cleaned with a better one as well. shiteatinggrin

Jamesh921

Name
James
you still deserve a new wand, and your clients prolly deserve to have their carpets cleaned with a better one as well.

You're right Daniel. And since you're so concerned about me and my clients, I'll allow you to buy me a new wand !gotcha! Thanks Dude.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom