whadya do wedsnday?

steve_64

today i was wrapping up from a job, i got in the van when i noticed something on my hands.

under the snow was some dog poo and i got it all over the hoses on my clothes and my hands.

i went home and changed clothes and ran them through the washer twice and showered before going out to finish a couple jobs. i had also hosed things off a little to complete a couple of jobs.

when i got done i pulled everything out of the van, everything! piled the hoses in the snow covered driveway and poured disinfectant on everything and inside the van too then hosed it all off with hot water.

its the cleanest the van has been all winter. got it all put away and put a space heater inside to dry things off.

did all this in about 10 degree temps. at least it doesnt smell like dog poo anymore.

man i need a building to do this stuff in.

GCCLee

Supportive Member
Name
C. Lee
Lived to see 38 : )

Cleaned a 1100sf apt, dropped off a stack a cards in the office. Bought some bumble gum to celebrate !

Dog Poo was last week!
An I am really surprised that the Property Manager wasn't called!
Crappin lil bastard was on the porch yappin at me az I wuz cussin him, kinda unreserved.

Tootsie Roll Landmines Everywhere, I WUZ Surrounded wit no route of excape! Good thing I figured that out on the re reel side of the job.
Next time I'll catch the corners of the sidewalk an run a longer line, that suks!

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
Didn't anyone teach you that you are supposed to track the dog crap in BEFORE the job and charge it to the client?

Reactions: Willy P

steve_64

Didn't anyone teach you that you are supposed to track the dog crap in BEFORE the job and charge it to the client?

well for me, i didnt see it under the snow. only noticed it when i sam the brown smear on my hand. fortunately i had disinfectant wipes with me to get me home at least.

Becker

Name
Becker
it was not frozen?

Well at least you had the time to do 2 loads of laundry and shower between jobs, must have been a huge pile if it required compete removal of everything.

Sucks when it happens!

Another thing I hate is a muddy dirt driveway, not gravel, dirty muddy rural house driveway. looks like shit, but at least it does not stink.

Bjorn

skiing was almost like spring conditions hoping the freezing level drops so I can go skiing again in the morning.

steve_64

it was not frozen?

Well at least you had the time to do 2 loads of laundry and shower between jobs, must have been a huge pile if it required compete removal of everything.

Sucks when it happens!

Another thing I hate is a muddy dirt driveway, not gravel, dirty muddy rural house driveway. looks like shit, but at least it does not stink.

it was the solution hose that picked it up. then i laid it in the van where it contaminated the floor and who knows what else not realizing it was there.

yeah i started the laundry and showered but washed it again when i got back just clean the washer out.

slow day, that rental house a couple one bedroom apartments and a two bedroom apartment. 3 locations.

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
If you did the old Cheech and Chong for it might of not led to such a big problem.

Looks like dog shit, Smells like dog shit, Tastes like dog shit. Glad it didn't step on it!

Mikey P

Administrator
the one and only time I got dog shit all over me and the hose it was one of those neon yellow cheetos looking turds

I went ballistic on the home owner.

Reactions: Jeremy

Chris A

Name
Chris
Spent all day getting my ass kicked at an old pizza hut, turning into a Chinese restaurant. Carpet, upholstery and tile and it was all awful. Way underquoted too... summabitch

Sent from my SM-G730V using Tapatalk

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I spent the afternoon in a flooded basement.

We were short handed and it was the basement or help at a fire loss, done enough of that. Help with air ducts, haven't done enough of that or at a carpet job that was 2apts at a retirement home one on 4th one on 5th floor.

I rode the Rover for 3-hours. :biggrin: It was fun getting out for the afternoon!

Billy

Name
BH
We had an easy day, Past client needed Family Room, Formal Living Room & Master Bedroom cleaned while they were on vacation. Haven't been working much due to bad weather (for TN that is) though so are backed up a little with reschedules.

Willy P

Name
Willy P
Sat on my ass and did nothing. I try to take Wednesdays off cause I usually work a weekend day.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
on the truck all day doing 6 empties (three houses and three apts) giving the new guy a lesson in efficiency and quality

then me and Momma went to our daughter's new home where i pigged out on crazy good home made chocolate pie she made for her Daddy :clap:

..L.T.A.

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
Just a house in the country and a mansion. Then off to get nuked at the doctor. ( I didn't think I would get done with the jobs in time)

jcooper

Name
Jerry Cooper
on the truck all day doing 6 empties (three houses and three apts) giving the new guy a lesson in efficiency and quality

Dam Larry... Six of them? That would take me two days!

All empties, you had to feel like it was xmas.

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
Did 6 problem cushions that Grandma had some troubles on today...even after the nursing home dunked the entire thing in a bathtub. And we had to have them dry so she could sleep on them tonight....don't ask :icon_rolleyes:

Water damage monitor, Home show set ups, get vans ready for out of town job tomorrow because of the pizza joint we did tonight.

2 vans, 1700 sq ft in 1.5 hours and $648 plus tax = $690.41 for a quick in out pizza carpet job with the 3 of us....and we took off the afternoon early so we could rest a bit for tonight. Made some contacts in the afternoon with some clients and booked some jobs for next week....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HPYd3a6ParY

BLewis

Supportive Member
Name
Billy Lewis
AM=Studio apart 2nd floor then same customer commercial property of 1,400 sf with lots of rust stains.
Pm=2 Units for property mgr then bid a church then wifey booked church I bid yesterday.
Late Night= Just got in from cleaning Golden Corral

Good night!

Reactions: Mark Saiger

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Dam Larry... Six of them? That would take me two days!

Only one of the houses was reasonably large, Coop...1500ft of carpet.
the other two houses were relatively small ..less then 1000sf of carpet in each
Two of the apts were in same complex, so no travel time there and the other was a tiny one room affair

all were easy set up and none were trashed...and things went surprisingly smooth...for a change :razz:

..L.T.A.

Reactions: jcooper

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
You need a powerhead old man! :p

Hoss, Rotovac, T rex, RX-20, powerheads are the great equalizers for age.

They are maybe a tad slower but clean much better despite less effort. :icon_cool:

Willy P

Name
Willy P
:eekk:

:icon_twisted::icon_twisted::icon_twisted:

don't need a powerhEd, need the new guy to pay attention to what he's taught and be more efficient .
that way, the heaviest thing I'll have to lift is my azz out of an office chair to get another cup of coffee .....:razz:

..L.T.A.

44441753_zps7a214b80.jpg

Brian H

Name
Brian H
Everyone else sounds like they had some fun yesterday!

I got to process paperwork on a van we sold.

Negotiate back and forth with a couple leasing agents for the purchase of new Butlers.

Rehash some information from a Tuesday meeting with a new marketing company we are using.

Meet with our commercial sales manager to discuss some issues he is having.

Talk to a natural gas reseller about reducing the price of our gas. (The numbers don't wok right now to do that)

Work on beta testing our order entry software conversion.

Interview a prospective Customer Care Coordinator.

Finish final paperwork from an OSHA inspection appeal (and saved $4250 in additional fines.)

***I did get to go out last night for our weekly Trivia contest at our local pub and our team won!!

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Man that was a rough day! I hope all your days aren't like that.

Some of those would have been interesting meetings to sit in on. Others.........well, I'd have met you at trivia night! :winky:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom