What a difference with a 175 scrubbing.

davep105

Name
Dave Pires
I have been looking for a 175 for a little while. I got a kick ass deal on one last week. I have never scrubbed carpet with one before till today, wow what a differnce. I scrubbed in some extreme clean with a red pad to about 1000 ft. of commercial olefin maybe 10yrs old. I noticed a huge difference before I even rinsed it. It came out awesome! I can't wait to try it on some of my nasties. Now I just need to find some more room in the van, wait there is no more room. Had to put it between the seats. I need a box truck soon.

G

If you ever run accross a old U-Haul Toyota truck u better buy it; put 600k plus miles on mine so far; engine still kicking!!!

ACE

Name
Mike Hughes
Dave,
You Scrubbed the Carpet with a red pad? :shock: Yikes! The point is to agitate the soiled fibers, not scrub them off. Get some bonnets or better yet, get a GLS.

hogjowl

Idiot™
Why would you tell the man to buy a GLS when he has the best prescrubber in that 175?

Did you just need to SAY something ... is that it?

Bonnets? For prescrubbing? Have you been smoking something?

Walt

admiralclean said:

Tuway thin one works great on delicate fibers or if you can't find your beige fiber plus.

Mikey P

Administrator
admiralclean said:
Why would you tell the man to buy a GLS when he has the best prescrubber in that 175?

Did you just need to SAY something ... is that it?

Who are you talking to?

ACE

Name
Mike Hughes
Sorry, I have never heard of using 3m pads for scrubbing carpet only soft brushes or bonnet with 175. The GLS works better then 175 for scrubbing because its cylindrical brushes work soil to the surface. An oscillating 175 rubs the soil in circles and will never get to the base of the fiber. The GLS type machines will also outperform 175 in scrubbing any type of tile & grout. The only thing I use the 175 for is strip and wax jobs.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
ACE said:
The GLS works better then 175 for scrubbing because its cylindrical brushes work soil to the surface. An oscillating 175 rubs the soil in circles and will never get to the base of the fiber. .

Mardee used to swear the same thing, Ace
A rotary always has, always does, and always will shear soil off a fiber better than any cylinder brush machine...ever

but take comfort, Marty said the same thing as you not more than 3? 4? 5? years ago

PS...Pow'rflite has their rotaries on sale.
The 17" 1.5hp is $549
any one considering a rotary for carpet, you need a 1.5HP motor
Don't bother with the 1HP

..l.T.A.

Name
George Valliant
What the heck are you guys talking about? I wore out a couple 17" 175 PowerFlyte's. REmember when they came out with the plastic T-Handle and you could break them in half at will? They finally changed the design after i busted up about 3 of them and sent them back under warranty.

I gave away my last 175 rmp'er when i got an RX-20. I guess they might come in handy for some ecaupsu everynow and again but my days of toting around an old floor buffer are over. you can have em.

Besides, I got a drive block for my RX that's never even been used.

Back
Top Bottom