What address to use?

carpetcleaner

Name
Rob Litwin
I have a box with PostNet. It is a street address, not a PO box. I got it to make things easier. A few companies that I deal with wouldn't ship to residential or PO boxes. They are there to sign for packages 6 days a week. As an added bonus, it looks like I work out of an office. I tell my customers that my office is in my house.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Marc Imbesi said:
Aight...what's the scoop?

I've used a PO Box in the past, but my understanding is that wont help on Google maps. So who uses their actual home address? Who uses UPS Store mailbox? I've heard some frown upon this...

Thanx

Marc, there is a button on Google Places that hides your address and lets you list your service area so if you area working from home, no one has to know about it.
Keep in mind that a good hacker can get in there fairly easily so nothing is really "safe" on the internet.
Google does not like PO box...and won't let you use them in Google Places (maps) so you have to have some kind of "real" address. Ups Store gives you suite address and that will be picked up by Google if you list it on your business license or any advertisement.

Newman

Name
Chris Newman
Brian R said:
Marc, there is a button on Google Places that hides your address and lets you list your service area so if you area working from home, no one has to know about it.

I confirm that there is a hide address button. I will also confirm that I used that option, and was bounced off #1, page one on google maps. When I reselected to show address, I was back at #1.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Newman said:
Brian R said:

I confirm that there is a hide address button. I will also confirm that I used that option, and was bounced off #1, page one on google maps. When I reselected to show address, I was back at #1.

I've tested that and It didn't effect me like that. Sometimes when you do an edit to your Google Places account it will throw it off for a bit and then when you edit again it comes back. But anything can happen...it's Google.
I couldn't tell you the amount of times I've crapped myself because a listing disappeared for a few minutes.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom