Greg Crowley
Do you use rug bags-------who is your supplier

wrapped tyvek---------who is your supplier

paper

shrink wrap

Warren Wallace

Supportive Member
Re: What are people returning cleaned rugs in to the custome

Uline has a great bag on a large roll, just cut 2 ft. bigger and tie ends.Very affordable and looks great to customer.

sweendogg

Name
David Sweeney

Two ways to look at this Greg,

You can wrap them up, and the customer has a nice packaged clean rug to take home. And some people may like that or you can drop off the rugs all nice and wrapped up as well.

BUT a majority of rug cleaning customers want to see the finished rug when they pick it up to both verify it is their rug and to see how well it came out. And if you are dropping off a rug, most of the time they will be the larger rugs that your customers will want you to replace for them. (and this is definitely something you want to do for your customer, its and added value and you should charge enough to cover the pickup/delivery/ and placement of larger rugs.) If you have a clean vehicle you can use to deliver the rugs and rug pads with, wrapping it up can be a waste of time and a wast of money with no real forseen value.

The only time we wrap a rug is for storage, for shipping, or if a customer will be moving soon. If the rug will be in the wrapper for longer than a week, we prefer to use Tyvek so the rug can breathe properly. If we are shipping it, the rug will have several layers starting with either kraft paper or tyvek and then a very heavy mill shipping plastic or box in some cases.

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow

We wrap 99% in brown Kraft paper and only open about 3 % for customers. It keeps them clean and dust free in our bins or on our trucks and slides in and out much easier than unwrapped. We do have the rolls in various lengths for shipping and also tyvek for storage. The brown Kraft paper is a fraction of the cost of either of the others.

sweendogg

Name
David Sweeney

I will admit that if I was in Ken's situation kraft paper would be a must, expeielly with so many rugs needing transport not only from your main plant to your customers, but also from your main plant to your satelite drop off and retail locations, to be handled again for delivery for for customers. There would be alot more chance of resoiling a rug. In our smaller plant, once the rug is cleaned, it goes straight into a tube and then either into the delivery truck or into the customers car.

Ron K

Ken do you have a Wrapping Machine to do that? Picture?

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley

I was thinking bags because ease of operation

The Great Oz

Name
bryan

We don't wrap everything for normal handling, but the ones we do wrap go into perforated plastic tubing. We've found this to be far faster and far cheaper than paper and tape - if you're up for the minumum 3,000 pound order. We get the tubing from Mohawk Industrial Plastics. I'm not familiar with anyone that stocks perforated tubing, but drycleaner's suppliers will carry featherweight plastic tubing and you can make your own holes.

Wrapping for storage gets done in paper, and wrapping for shipping is done using heavy mil non-perforated plastic tubing.

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow

Yes we do have an aoutomated wrapping machine with paper feeder and decades ago it auto glued the paper, but that has not workled since the 80's We used paper even back when we were a single location, we just find it to work better for us.

I'll try to remember to take a pic of the machine tomorrow.

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley

can anyone email a basic intake form?

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow

Here is our machine

WrapMachine.jpg

sweendogg

Name
David Sweeney

Now come on Greg, you to pay the $6000.00 for the inspection forms.. you should know that!..

Make checks payable to Ken Snow. :twisted:

The Great Oz

Name
bryan

Good that you stopped using your wrapping machine Ken. Those things are S-L-O-W!

John Watson

Hey Bryan, When you do wrap in paper, do your guys use your your roller for that? I always thought it was a royal pain in the zuchppa doing it on the floor..

The Great Oz

Name
bryan

We use a powered roller at the end of our take-down table to roll most rugs (and it's handy when we do use paper) but it's a really simple system Dave built thirty years ago. We kept our rolling machine to make sure the new system worked and then scrapped the machine.

Maybe Ken's machine is faster than others I've seen and faster than ours was.

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley

I am thinking I may need a bigger facility. The good thing is there is another next door bigger for lease if this is too small

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom