What are some of the benefits of Commercial Carpet Cleaning?

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
What are some of the benefits of Commercial Carpet Cleaning to the facilities manager or owner?

Better IAQ, appearance, maximizing investment, what else would you say might be a good reason to clean?

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
Hidden costs of replacement.

When you are discussing a cost of cleaning vs cost of replacement scenario, make sure that you ask:

How many days will your place need to be shut down while the old carpet is being removed?

Are there office dividers that need to be moved? (some have to be disassembled and moved by the company that sells them)

What is involved with taking that building (or section thereof) off line when computers are shut down?

What other areas of the building will need to be shut down during the removal and move in of carpet?

Will dust and debris from the removal of the old carpet create any healt issues? (A big concern in health care and senior care).

The costs of addressing these issues often exceed the cost of new carpet and installation. Add the two together, and cleaning becomes a more attractive option than ever.

hogjowl

Idiot™
Thanks, Taco and Jim.

Ya know ... I didn't realize Mexicans didn't drink sweet tea until I had about 1400 of Chavez's cousins look at me like I was from Mars when I asked for it.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I like sweet tea!

I like the Raspberry from Taco Bell too!

You're not from Mars? Humm sure?

Plowing these fields in the hot summer sun
Over by the gate lordy here she comes
With a basket full of chicken and a big cold jug of sweet tea
I make a little room and she climbs on up
Open up a throttle and stir a little dust
Just look at her face she ain't a foolin me

TimP

Mexicans down here drink sweat tea....people just don't drink sweat tea in the west.....it's a southern thing. Chavez probably don't even know what you mean by sweat tea....I think you have to grow up on it

I never even heard of it till I moved to the south...but it's an easy thing to make. You boil about 3-4 cups of water.....put about 3/4-1 cup of sugar in a 2 qt pitcher. Put 2 bags of family size tea bags into the pitcher (1 qt per bag).....add the boiling water and let sit for about 5 minutes, squeeze the tea bags out..... stir and fill to the top while stiring. Makes 2 quarts of sweat tea. I don't drink the crap but these southerners love it. At lest that's how my family down here does it.

Larry B

Name
Larry Burrell
R.Chavez said:
Hey Marty's back!

I missed you.........but I plan on buying a shotgun so don't expect me to miss you next time! :p

After reading that if it was your building I would point out to remove the blood from the carpet. :D

Able 1

Name
Keith
On topic I would say the big checks! :D What I tell my custy's dosen't matter you can tell that they really don't care. I told one maintanance guy that they really should get some of those plastic mats for the rolling chairs, and he said "yeah we should". But they won't. Why!?

Keith

Scott S.

Supportive Member
Name
Scott
Ok back on the subject. i think that another good reason is DURABILITY. having carpet cleaned periodically removes the dirt that acts like an abrasive to the carpet fiber.

Jeremy

Name
Jeremy
Specific to your new Orbot...:

Stays clean longer
Dries faster
Less noise
Less disruption
No hoses
No returning spots

In General:

Image/Appearance enhancement
Lets employees & customers know you value them enough to provide a clean space for them.
IAQ improvment
Higher ROI on floor covering through:
Extended life of carpet, Higher satisfaction with the appearance of carpet & less interuptuion in business through extended use of carpet (replaced less frequently also means less downtime for replacement)....
Tax deduction: Write of all the maintenance
Ease of use... You do it so they don't have to. Why worry about it? We can do it instead.
No purchase & storage for cleaning solutions, no MSDS to maintain, no training, no purchase & maintainance costs for equipment and no employee wages or benefits or employee turnover if they contract it out...

Jeremy

Name
Jeremy
Oh yeah & preplanned maintenance for predictable budgeting/cashflow & a baseline appearance.

Jeremy

Name
Jeremy
Will dust and debris from the removal of the old carpet create any healt issues? (A big concern in health care and senior care).

Especially in older buildings where carpet has been installed over asbestos tiles.

B&BGaryC

Name
B&BGaryC
I don't know exactly how I would bring this up to a customer, but have you noticed that in general people take good care of nice things and dump on and destroy grubby looking things? If your building looks nice and clean your employees will subconsciously start taking better care of it and it's contents.

What I'm getting at is on a certain level, clean carpets will affect how somebody treats the fax machines, desks, and other office goodies...

Or maybe I'm way out in left field.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom