What are somethings I can do now, to prepare for a helper in near future?

jcooper

Name
Jerry Cooper
I need to be able to complete more work per day. I'm pretty sure I have the biz(at times), did our most clients ever last month by about 12! Not enough time for people wanting work now.

Soooo, I have to start thinking about getting a helper(even if it's only for summer). Or get faster by myself, doubtful.

What are a few things I can start doing now to get ready for a helper soon.

Organize truck, buy shirts(for them), figure out how to work w/someone, talk with tax man and so on.

Haven't worked w/anyone for a long time. Any advice is appreciated.

TomKing

Supportive Member
Name
Tom
1. Go over your marketing plan.
2. organize the implementation of your marketing plan
3. write job description for your employee
4. write a procedure for all your services
5. establish a pay structure you will follow
6. establish your benefits days off, paid holidays etc
7. define a dress code in writing
8. check with your insurance agent for coverage workman's comp, driving, liability umbrella
9. write out your goals for your company growth
10. establish a budget & sales goals for the next year

SamIam

Name
sam miller
If Your not sure about the work load try to get a young kid give him his first job.

Let him know he's on call. They'll work cheap, also they can pre vacuum, pull hose, help move furniture, chip and block furniture, and break down and pack up put fans away. and eventually clean some carpet.

Just having someone to pre vacuum while you setup is huge, and break down while you get paid.

Pay above the table, have a nice write off and you will speed up. I have 4 helpers now

2 can run one truck my son Jeremy and Phil, One's an older dude from church not sure how thats gonna work out. Old dude's don't seem to pick up things very fast.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

SamIam

Name
sam miller
PS listen to Tom

Thanks Tom for the Web dude he hooked me up.
Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

mirf

Supportive Member
Name
David Mirfin
Look for a college student who is looking for. I have a great one who is studying to be a chemical eng. back for his 2nd season.
His younger brother will probaly start next year. I asked my clients who had kids coming back home for the summer.
See how it works for you with helper. Two people on a truck increases production by at least 30% per day.

amygeorge

Supportive Member
Name
Amy Lorance
Make sure you tell your accountant and set them up correctly with the IRS, etc. Too many people pay cash and try to fly under the radar. That will come back to bite you and when it does, it will be brutal. I’ve heard the excuse that they’ll give them a 1099 - but you can’t if they’re using your equipment and you tell them what time to report to work.

No, I’m not speaking from experience. It’s common place is service industries.

I always have a two man crew unless something happens to prevent it. The techs really like having someone to help them out and it sure does make it easier.

amygeorge

Charlie Lyman

Supportive Member
Name
Charlie Lyman
I agree with the suggestions about college students. I fortunately have a kid that just graduated high school and he will be staying in town to go to college. He doesn't need money, but enjoys having it when it is there. So I take him when I need him. They have the extra time in the summer when we are slammed. And no stress on me worrying about keeping a person busy that is trying to feed their family.

Charlie Lyman

Reactions: SamIam and jcooper

TomKing

Supportive Member
Name
Tom
Thanks for clueing us in. Carpet chick lady.

guys is general for both sexes, at least down here. you boys are always trying to be PC when it comes to me, but not any other time or to the other fellas. you make me laugh!

Name
Marcus
Get a 1-2 par timer on call for the large jobs..resturants....
You do the winding let him do the hoses....

I got a zipper it takes the place of a wand and a par time worker...
Just cleaned a 10 k office building with one..it is about 30..50 percent less labor on the shoulders...
I have tweaked my business to do it all myself however in the summer it is nice to have help
Cap

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom