what are you charging for Red spots and pet urine

ErikG

What are guys charging for pet oder and removing colored spots kool aid juice blood

joey895

Supportive Member
Name
Joey J.
Nothing extra for red spots, etc unless it's really excessive.

Pet odor depends on the situation. If they just want/need some deo added to the pre-spray to help in minor odors I don't charge extra. If they need/want subsurface treatment I charge $40 per gallon of product used. If then need/want carpet pulled and cleaned top and bottom, pad replaced, subfloor treated, etc then it varies way too much to try to give you a price here.. I would say the minimum to do all that to a small room would be about $300-$400.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
depends on the amount and severity
(especially with urine contamination)

as Joey eluded to, "one size" just don't fit all

We generally charge enough for res, that bringing out the iron to steam a red stain or two isn't an extra charge.
Urine is another matter and is based on what procedures they choose

In apts where profit margins are much thinner, we charge extra to steam red stains out.
Depending on how many, might be as little as $10 extra to ten times that
and same as in res, urine has to be "on-site" inspected and estimated

..L.T.A.

Mikey P

Administrator
I do the same as meAt and Joey.

Charge enough for regular cleaning so you dont have to nickle and dime them for every stray yarn.

tim

Identical to Larry and Joey. If the urine doesnt trip my moisture probe, I clean and add OSR (4 scoops to 2 gallons) and dd12 to my prespray. If odor is apparent, yet not in the pad, I add 8 ounces of odorcide/hydracide to the prespray and charge $25 extra per room, apply prespray twice as heavy. Full OSR/odorcide/waterclaw treatment is $50 plus $30 per gallon of treatment. If spots are isolated, I use 1 gallon for every 4-5 sq. ft. If it is a large, continuous area, you can get away with 1 gallon for every 10-15 sq. ft., just have to squeegee the material around to saturate all affected areas.

G

I remove spots seperately and price them seperately. Time consuming stuff like that I charge hourly rate; if spots are hard/long term set in stains I Generally charge my normal labor rate. Why give away our labor. Just my opinion.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
ErikG said:
Mikey joey and Meat are charging 45 - 90 cents a sq ft

Those aren't my prices, Eric
Once my "clients" pay their sky rocketing trailer park lot rent, they can't afford $100 bukz a rm prices....

..L.T.A.

davegillfishing

Supportive Member
Name
dave gill
we dont charge anything extra for spots, smells, stains or heavily soiled areas. if we have to pull pad and treat sub floor it is extra but pretty much everything else is included..except protection of coarse..
we charge .40 per sq ft.
dave

tim

If you dont charge extra for extensive osr and odorcide, .40 is way too cheap!!! Cost is about $9 a gallon and waterclaw extraction, not to mention identification of damage with black lights and moisture probes. The only extra charge is when I use odorcide (about $100 gallon undiluted) and waterclaw on top of cleaning. Most red stains I can take out in no time. If there is extensive red stains, that can take a large amount of time and I charge accordingly. Restoration is above and beyond cleaning

joey895

Supportive Member
Name
Joey J.
ErikG said:
Mikey joey and Meat are charging 45 - 90 cents a sq ft

Why would you say that? Because I don't charge extra for a red stain or two?

I would be considered by most on here to be a lowballer.

TimP

I am just slightly above Greg Crowley prices....I don't charge extra for red stains and most definitly not urine spots. Now if there is a ton of them....and that's a judgement call I wont touch them. Anyways all spot cleaning is free if it will only take me 10-15 minutes if it's more than that I don't do it or I offer to do it for a price.....one thing you should be qualifying on your preinspection in my opinion.

davegillfishing

Supportive Member
Name
dave gill
tim said:
If you dont charge extra for extensive osr and odorcide, .40 is way too cheap!!! Cost is about $9 a gallon and waterclaw extraction, not to mention identification of damage with black lights and moisture probes. The only extra charge is when I use odorcide (about $100 gallon undiluted) and waterclaw on top of cleaning. Most red stains I can take out in no time. If there is extensive red stains, that can take a large amount of time and I charge accordingly. Restoration is above and beyond cleaning

tim it works itself out on the long run. you figure i only need to break out the claw and osr 1 time a week or on on average, not charging for all the extras go's with my marketing of no upsells and no ait and switch. like i said though..if it needs some major work it gets turned into restoration and is bills as such.
dave

tim

dave, I guess whatever works for you, it obviously works well there. I know here I would wind up with every dog piss house in town sending me to the poor house with gallons of osr/odorcide. I see alot of it as it is and I charge accordingly. A couple of dog spots usually arent a problem but some people live in ridiculous conditions and seem to know others that do as well. I have spent all day in large homes fixing what fifi did. Dont get me wrong, I am not complaining! But I definitely have to charge accordingly. I dont bait and switch or charge extra for cleaning. I do charge to pull out the claw.

davegillfishing

Supportive Member
Name
dave gill
tim said:
dave, I guess whatever works for you, it obviously works well there. I know here I would wind up with every dog piss house in town sending me to the poor house with gallons of osr/odorcide. I see alot of it as it is and I charge accordingly. A couple of dog spots usually arent a problem but some people live in ridiculous conditions and seem to know others that do as well. I have spent all day in large homes fixing what fifi did. Dont get me wrong, I am not complaining! But I definitely have to charge accordingly. I dont bait and switch or charge extra for cleaning. I do charge to pull out the claw.

yea we dont get hit too hard with the abusers. we are pretty much a referral only company..90% of our business is referral and we target more upscale and upper mid homes. (sometimes they are the nastiest) but if it starts to be a issue we will be charging to pull out the claw.
dave

Back
Top Bottom