What brand is this TM?

Greenie

I've seen em pop up too, always look like that :shock:

Obviously not worth a whole lot, but it's clear as bell to me they are someone's attempt to duplcate a judson Nitro on a budget, probably worked well for what they are, an entry level machine.

Did ya notice the van has a kilometer speedometer, kinda odd for a bama van?

Duane Oxley

Moon Unit
Name
Duane Oxley
It's an old, "Hercules", by Truck Mounts, Inc., who sold out to TCS.

That system was actually copied from the top of an old Chem Lawn truck mount. Chem Lawn systems were built on a large aluminum recovery tank, shaped like an "L". The lower part was the platform for the system. Originally, the frame was I-beams and cross- members, not broken metal. The broken metal was Ted Bickford's idea, who was working at Truck mounts at the time.

If you ever see an old Chem Lawn system, you'll recognize the design. The motor sat front and center. The Phantom pump pumped hot water and was located behind the motor, to it's right, the blower behind and to the left. Originally, they used either Junkers or Paloma L.P. heaters, which, though hot, can't take truck mount pressure, to the pump had to be able to handle hot water.

Here are some pictures of the machine frame of an old Chem Lawn system we were going to build an inexpensive frefurb on a feew years ago:

DSCN1104.jpg

DSCN1105.jpg

DSCN1106.jpg

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom