What cuff do you use to attach to your wand?

I just started using a regular cool cuff. It fits better than a vinyl cuff and doesn't get hot and flex. As good as it fits I think I may need to wrap the wand in electric tape to make it even more solid.

Could I use a starter cuff on the wand and then attach the male to it for a more secure fit?

Name
Lee Stockwell
A muffler shop can expand the end of your wand a bit to give you a snug fit. Will only take him a minute.

I use bare hose to my wand, less hassle.

It's wierd. Both quad wands have a heat shrink wrapping on them. The older more used wand's wrap has worn thin, but provides a better fit than the newer one.

I really prefer a regular cuff because I like to use it to vacuum stair risers, but the cool cuff is just more sturdy. I guess I will just wrap some tape on the end and use the male cuff. I can always attach a small section of hose with a regular cuff for stairs.

Erik

Supportive Member
Name
Erik
Black cuffs from Amflex. They are nice and stiff, but they wear in great.

Able 1

Name
Keith
I use the cool cuff swivel and it cracked about 3 months ago, but still works great... Cool cuffs aren't really "made" to be used at the wand, but they have worked great for me.

KevinD

Name
Kevin Dumas
Lee Stockwell said:
A muffler shop can expand the end of your wand a bit to give you a snug fit. Will only take him a minute.

I use bare hose to my wand, less hassle.

I thought I was the only one that sees no reason for a cuff to the wand.
2" hose slips over and for tight areas 1 1/2" slips inside.
In fact I have no cuffs on any hoses.

John Watson

When I got my 30 ft 2 in flex hose from GreenGlides, I ordered a std cuff for the wand. Greenie sent me a swivel cuff to try out, that was a couple years ago, that swivel is the cats meow for the wand.... Now I just need some type of swivel that fits my old style cool cuffs so I can hook it up on mypool filter...

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge
danielc said:
I just started using a regular cool cuff. It fits better than a vinyl cuff and doesn't get hot and flex. As good as it fits I think I may need to wrap the wand in electric tape to make it even more solid.

Could I use a starter cuff on the wand and then attach the male to it for a more secure fit?

The problem with the black tape is......if you're running a hot machine, the tape only lasts for a day or less. The heat eats it up.

Oh....as for a cuff.....just the standard cuff on my PC wands. The Quad has a heat shrink over it....the Ti goes straight metal to cuff.

steve g

Name
steve garrett
I use a male cool cuff starter cuff on my wand, the one normally used on the truckmount. it would have to be cut off my prochem wand if I wanted to take it off its on there that tight. this is alot better than just a regular plain ole cuff, I can't tell you how many times I was cleaning and had the wand at a hard turn to the hoses and the vac hose would come off, this would cause water to puke out the wand all over the bed or whatever customers item I didn't want it. a cool cuff starter keep this from happening.

Joe Bristor

the wand cuff is a very personal thing, many opinions and preferences.

The 2" Male Swivel AH126 WAS designed as a wand cuff.
It's been received well, but far from perfect.
http://coolcuffs.net/starter-kit.html (at the bottom)

Daniel,
If you have a heat gun, you might have your supplier get you a new heat shrink sleeve for the PCQ.
Also get the Soft Touch if you haven't already and shear kit with built-in check valves and drip stoppers.
New life for an oldie but goodie.

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
the one thing I've realized from reading here is how its backwards with the solution line from the vac line.
With the vac line people have been saying "male does towards the fire" but with the soln hose its the female that goes towards the fire.

Joe Bristor

that's right Ron, we got the rule from the firemen for our vac hose.
And if that's not weird enuf, dont forget that their vac hose is really a solution hose. :?

Fred Homan

How many of you have your swivel get a little hard to swivel/twist? Any GOOD way to keep them more easy to swivel?

Thanks!

Joe Bristor

that's right . Be generous with WD-40. Let it run down inside
works good to keep latches sliding easy too.

Warranty: any cuff that's really giving you trouble, just take it to where you got it for free replacement and I'll replinish their stock, nc.

the latest batch of 2.0" are in and they have a 2.5 year warranty.
2.5" swivels will be here Friday, same warranty.
keep your receipt!

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
Joe Bristor said:
that's right . Be generous with WD-40. Let it run down inside
works good to keep latches sliding easy too.

Warranty: any cuff that's really giving you trouble, just take it to where you got it for free replacement and I'll replinish their stock, nc.

the latest batch of 2.0" are in and they have a 2.5 year warranty.
2.5" swivels will be here Friday, same warranty.
keep your receipt!
Since your 2.o" has a 2.5yr warr, I thought you were going to say the 2.5" had a 2yr warr :wink:

WRT to the firemen teaching us which way to run our connectors, why does the industry put males on the tools so we have to run a female towards the job

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom