What determines the stages in porty vac motors

doug450

I have a Mytee and I am looking to see what to do to trick it out a little.
it has two of the 2 stage motors with a single cord,I am thinking to either put two 3 stages and add another cord or I was also looking at the air hog boosters.
Any thoughts?
Thanks,Doug

Name
Bill Soukoreff
2-stage means that there two fans in the housing, 3-stage means there are three fans. A 3-stage will be more powerful (more lift) and draws more amps.

You need to figure out how many amps and cords you want to deal with, then go from there.

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Doug;

There are two ways to go:

1. Modify your existing portable (adding vacs, cord and rewiring)

2. Add a booster (prebuilt at a higher cost)

What hose lengths do you typically run ??

At 25', the 1st option is the best.

At 50', the second option will give slightly more vac at the wand.

My preference is #1 since I like all the parts in one package.

Larry Cobb

duckster

Hmmm, pictures are nice, details and pricing on the site would help. Not really interested in looks, want technical info. I'm looking into the cross-american unit so far because I found out that the Mytee people say it won't work on heated units, this being a direct quote:

These vacuum boosters were specifically designed to be used with our cold water extractors. The issue with using them with our hot water units is base capacity to plumb the exhaust.

They would be the best authority on their products strengths and weaknesses. Too bad. Like the price but if it won't do the job, I know a wishing well just dying to have my money.

ODIN said:
blatant self promotion WARNING!!!!!!!

in line vac booster?

Hummmmmmmmm

wonder who makes one???????

www.vikingclean.com/nordic1

T
:D :D

nrpepper

Name
Nathan Pepper
Doug,

We actually have several options for boosting your vacuum power. The first is our Air-Hog vacuum booster, which you can see here:

http://www.mytee.com/products/product.php?id=AIR-22

This booster plugs into the back of one of our units, and is compatible with the following extractors:

The M-16.
http://www.mytee.com/products/product.php?id=M-16
The 1000DX.
http://www.mytee.com/products/product.php?id=1000DX
The 1000DX-200.
http://www.mytee.com/products/product.php?id=1000DX-200

By plugging the Air-Hog (which has dual high performance 2 stage vacuums), into one of the above units (which also has dual high performance 2 stage vacuums), you end up with 4 high performance 2 stage vacuum motors.

These are plumbed so that you actually have a pair of vacuums in series running in parallel with the other pair in series. The end result is 200 CFM at 180” water lift. You would need one power cord for the extractor and one power cord for the booster.

You could also add a portable heater down line for heated extraction.

There are a few reasons why we only pair this booster up with our non-heated units. One, as mentioned above, is space. The other is the number of cords. Our heated units already require two separate circuits to run. Adding an Air-Hog would mean a 3rd power cord. In view of this, we think that the non-heated units simply offer a better-balanced system overall when used with the Air-Hog.

However, we do also sell an in-line vacuum booster, which goes between the wand and extractor. You can see that here:

http://www.mytee.com/products/product.php?id=7000

Essentially, your existing extractor plugs into the back of this unit, and you can use it in line between your extractor and wand. It also has a built-in pump-out, so you can actually keep all of the dirty water you are sucking up from ever reaching your extractor.

The really nice thing about this unit is that you can also use it as a stand-alone flood extractor by plugging the booster inlet on the back.

Sorry – didn’t mean to write a novel. If anyone has any questions, feel free to email me.

Thanks!

duckster

Or... you can just get the cross-american unit which not only handles heat but it will add vac for a TM. Or you CAN go with the Mytee solutions and buy a longer van for all the extra equipment to work around their shortfalls and equal the cross-american in performance.

Like to learn more about Nordic to see where it fits between these two. My guess is it would be more like the monster performance that comes with CA.

Name
Bill Soukoreff
Or... you can just get the cross-american unit which not only handles heat but it will add vac for a TM. Or you CAN go with the Mytee solutions and buy a longer van for all the extra equipment to work around their shortfalls and equal the cross-american in performance.

Explain please how the Cross American booster handles heat? Can you use that plastic box with a TM? Never seen any Mytee equipment so can't comment on it, but Terry Brevick's booster has a WAY bigger vac motor and way more lift than the Cross American and CAN be used with a TM or Portable. I also don't understand how if he buys a Mytee booster instead of a Cross American, why he would need a bigger van?

duckster

Starting with the question of why a bigger van, just look at everything nrpepper is indicating you would need to by to make their equipment do what the Cross-American solution of ONE small additional piece of equipment can do. Their work-around to handling heat makes as much sense to anyone trying to get a mental picture of it as me deciding to buy a printer, scanner, fax machine and smart card reader rather than simply purchasing a 5-in-1.

For the answer on Cross American's technology, I suggest you go to http://www.cross-american.com/ and use the contact form. Ed Valentine can also be found on http://www.kleenkuip.com which has a link on their forum to this one which is how I found Mikey's in the first place.

I have no idea who Terry is but if he is Nordic it would only make sense that he should provide more information about his product and if would be nice if he were to answer the same questions here that you would like answered of the Cross-American. From the outside it looks like a sheet metal box with some plumbing connections. But looks don't sell a unit, cold hard facts do.

So what are the specs on Brevick's system? Could you be more specific in your statement of "WAY bigger vac motor and way more lift"? Where are the specs?

If I remember right CA has been making his machine since 1972. Which explains why everyone claims they are better than him. It is a habit of new carpet cleaners to make the same claims when they are going up against anyone established. Same with manufacturers. It's a testosterone thing. The tail wagging the dog rather than the other way around.

Just an observation.

Name
Bill Soukoreff
Cross American does not sell ANY unit with heat. Mytee sells some with heat and some without heat like the Recoil. It gives the customer a choice. I still don't understand your point of how the Cross American booster works with heat. Heat is a problem to deal with, since it takes one 15 amp cord. So that does not leave much left for vac. Some feel electric heat is a waste on a porty, and so just leave it out (like on the Recoil) and use all the amps on vac. Some still want heat, so Mytee gives people a choice. But you cannot have it all and still use two cords.

Mytee's solution to the problem presented in this post is the same: Adding a booster. They have TWO types of boosters to choose from. One that especially works well with some of their machines that have BUILT-IN booster port, and one (through flow) that works well with ALL portables. Only ONE booster is required, whether it is from Mytee, Cross American, Bob Savage or Nordic. Again, I have NEVER seen a Mytee machine, just clarifying what is being stated here. The decision of which booster is based on power considerations and personal preference. All will give a big boost, but some will give more than others depending on the vac motors used.

The Nordic booster uses a the biggest lamb motor made, a 7.2" 3-stage that puts out a little over 100 CFM at 145" lift. (14.3 amps)

The Cross American uses a 5.7" 3-Stage that put out 100 CFM at 117" lift. (10.9 amps)

Compare them side by side, and you would be shocked to how much bigger the 7.2" is. I had trouble visualizing the difference until I saw the difference with my own eyes. Everyone who sees one always says the same thing, "man they are huge". You can use one with up to a number 4 blower, and it will boost the CFM and Lift at the wand, and the marine alloy tank or SS if you want, will not implode.

Bob Savage makes 170 CFM booster with lower lift, not sure of the number, that can also be used with a TM.

I am not speaking against Cross American, just want to clarify the facts, so he can make an informed decision. BTW, I would not classify a 5.7" 10.9 amp vac motor as a monster. Just my opinion.

John Watson

Saw the Mytee air hog at Mikeyfest08, It made an impressive differance when adding it to either of the 2 portables they had at Scotts Valley Rec Center. It also was very loud and made a sound like it was eating itself up. When I asked about the sound I was told yes it makes it louder and the confined area where we were located made it seem louder....

duckster

"Cross American does not sell ANY unit with heat. "

Never said they did, said their vac booster has no problem handling units with heat. Mytee cannot by their own admission.

Question still remains, where are the Nordic facts?

duckster

How much I get is far over that, moron. That last post told me everything about your chances at success - zip and none. No wonder you aren't welcome on most boards. They have standards you would not meet. And I have standards that don't go as low as you.

By the way chump, my average sale is $200, my marketing is apparently beyond anything you could comprehend which is why no one outside your little circle of friends has ever heard of you.

Let me know if you grow a brain.

Name
Bill Soukoreff
Duck, I hope you just have poor reading comprehension skills because otherwise your IQ is not much more than a duck.

I give up trying to help you, I just hope Doug got some good advice before you took over the post.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom