What Do I need to do to teach IICRC cleaning courses

K

Kevinthecleaner

I am a master cleaner with 10 years of experiance and would like to teach the IICRC carpet cleaning course.

Just wandering if anyone knows what I must bo to teach this course.

Thanks Kevin

Mikey P

Administrator
Days are numbered for that lame duck organization.

Stay tuned to MB for news concerning a international accreditation association of sorts.

Make sure your skills are hip and your morals sound.

sweendogg

Name
David Sweeney
Contact the IICRC... though I'll tell you as many instructors will that the carpet cleaning course is over saturated with instructors for that class. Jim Pemberton may be a good guy to get a hold of to ask questions of.

But I think they will want you to have taken all the courses including having your carpet inspector certification as well.

Not 100% on that but was told a couple of times.

Dale

Name
Dale Collins
Hi Mikey:

What's up with this "Stay tuned to MB for news concerning a international accreditation association of sorts"?

Thx,
Dale

Newman

Name
Chris Newman
The IICRC has done such a self proclaimed great job with North America they are taking the dog and pony show on the road and expanding to the rest of the world. From the IICRC site:

IICRC To Establish International Trade Association
New Association will provide educational, networking opportunities

VANCOUVER, Wash. (November 10th, 2010) – The Executive Committee and Board of Directors of the Institute of Inspection, Cleaning and Restoration Certification (IICRC) have approved the creation of an independent international trade association. The new association will provide education, programs, services and products to individuals, companies and supporting organizations involved in the inspection, cleaning and restoration industry.

Paul Pearce, chairman of the board of directors of IICRC, explains, “The IICRC sees the need for people and companies to work together to pursue common goals and interests. We are establishing this trade association to ensure we provide cleaning, restoration and inspection professionals with the tools and resources they need to better serve their customers – an important step in our ongoing efforts to advance communication, collaboration and technical proficiency within the industry.”

The new association will provide members with education and access to research and specialized information. It will also direct government affairs activities, including increasing member awareness of state and federal legislative activity throughout the United States and facilitating relationships and understanding on behalf of the inspection, cleaning and restoration industry. The association will have various membership categories and the formation task force is working on structuring a model agreement to have regional chapters.

“The association will offer members a number of programs and services that will benefit their businesses and the industry,” explains Craig Kersemeier, chairman of IICRC’s trade association task force. “For example, we are in the process of developing special interest groups that will provide insights and information to help drive business.”

The IICRC will continue, with participation from the entire industry, to develop standards for inspection, cleaning and disaster restoration. It will also continue to approve schools and instructors who provide training and certification for industry professionals. Both organizations will offer networking and professional development opportunities for industry professionals.

LisaWagnerCRS

Name
Lisa Wagner
Kevinthecleaner said:
I am a master cleaner with 10 years of experiance and would like to teach the IICRC carpet cleaning course.

Just wandering if anyone knows what I must bo to teach this course.

Thanks Kevin

1) sell you soul

2) work your ass off for peanuts

3) volunteer time to help them write the standards and reqs that fill the organizations coffers and their "consultants"

4) practice this line "in the real world do THIS...but for the test memorize THAT."

5) meet a lot of great students in the process

That's it!

There are some great instructors in IICRC who teach because they love to teach, and they are horribly under-paid. A couple have created a gravy train because it's like a union gig, the ones in the longest know how to work the system to their advantage, but that opportunity does not exist for newbies.

That said, if you scored higher than 90 on the classes you want to teach, just reach out to a school and see who is looking for staff. Many are getting close to retirement so they need new blood.

But, only do it if you want to do so part time and for fun and professional development. Don't do it for a career change. Its not a good living. If it's your hobby you will have fun with it (well with the teaching part, not all the regulation BS part...)

I love to teach, but I hate bureaucracies...it's like going to prison.

Plus I'm not very... I guess... Politically correct. :) So though I teach, it's never been as an IICRC instructor.

And, if you know your stuff there's nothing to stop you from teaching with a distributor and not be IICRC. Lots of people teach without giving a test, because they like hands-on real world training and not powerpoints and scantrons.

You have lots of options...and teaching is fun.

Lisa

Back
Top Bottom