What do you charge for Air duct cleaning?

joeynbgky

Supportive Member
Name
Joey
??
I use to charge like this.......... $25.00 a vent $150.00 for the trunk line..

now I do this............ $500.00 for one unit, 2 units for $550.00.

There a guy here advertising ten vents, trunk and all returns for $59.00 And im losing the battle with him.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Don't advertise price...advertise value and give pre-inspections.

You will lose to the priceshoppers you don't want anyway.

joeynbgky

Supportive Member
Name
Joey
I dont advertise price, i give price after inspection.... this guy advertises his. But I always do an inspection, in case i find mold on the joists and other stuff that might need done

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
The whole point of a pre-inspection is to educate the customer...shit I gott go..I'll talk more later.
Sorry.

joe harper

Name
joe harper
Brian R said:
The whole point of a pre-inspection is to educate the customer...shit I gott go..I'll talk more later.
Sorry.

"Sherriff is at the DOOR".............. :shock:

f]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CPXnoLAEUSQf]

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
$375.00 it includes up to 12-openings, $10.00 additional for any over the 12.

Yea we have a company coming from KC that runs full page ads for whole house air duct cleaning for $49.95

Bait & switcher! Their complaints on line run from most being charged $1200.00 to as high as $1700.00. Most say that as soon as they complain they get on the phone and the person on the other end begins making them offers of better pricing all the way down to $600.00.

All complaints said poor work and the home was left dirtier than before they called. LOL

rhino1

Name
Chris Bolin
IF you are using a POS rotobrush you shoud be doing it for free.... if you are using a negative air system with air powered whips you should charge what you need to charge.

Can you do most homes in 2 to 3 hours? Do you really need to charge $500 for 2 or 3 hours of work?

If so, why? How do you justify that? Better equipment? Licensed HVAC technicians?? Why exactly should you be pulling in that kind of lettuce....?

We don't charge even half of what you claim to charge, we have decent equipment and lots of experience. The crew I use does a good job. The profit on that type of service is much higher than carpet cleaning. If you aren't staying busy, you should run some specials and see if you can make it on a little less.

Another thing.... I did upgrade the equipment from a spinning cable/brush thing to the big compressor and whips. It cut more than an hour off of each job and what cuts we do make are MUCH smaller, usually just little drilled holes. If you are using some inferior POS you are hurting yourself, your customers, and your help.

joeynbgky

Supportive Member
Name
Joey
We mostly use rotobrush. we have abatement as well. a air duct job takes about 5 hours. I do have one hvac lic guy. Most compaies here charge 700 bucks. I found out that guy is bait and switch and his price is really 800 bucks. Rotovac is not that bad, but i know wat you mean.......... P.S. Your not charging enough... I have about 11 air duct jobs a week, i just want more. kk anything else:)

rhino1

Name
Chris Bolin
joeynbgky said:
We mostly use rotobrush. we have abatement as well. a air duct job takes about 5 hours. I do have one hvac lic guy. Most compaies here charge 700 bucks. I found out that guy is bait and switch and his price is really 800 bucks. Rotovac is not that bad, but i know wat you mean.......... P.S. Your not charging enough... I have about 11 air duct jobs a week, i just want more. kk anything else:)

11 jobs X $500 = $5500 per week, over $20K per month, not counting your other services? Why are you even messing around with that POS rotobrush then? Buy a Pringle or caddyvac and really rule your area.

Hell, why would you even be worried about more business or what anyone else was doing?

joeynbgky

Supportive Member
Name
Joey
Well, Thats what i prefer to use and the abatement.. My guys that do the air duct cleaning get paid really well! they don't get paid for drive time ever! depending on the job they may make 14-30 an hour. just depending on the job. Crawl space cleanups, mold removal, etc. I will look into some other systems........ But i have lost some jobs to this bait and switch guy. Thanks for your input.

joeynbgky

Supportive Member
Name
Joey
I saw a big truckmounted machine on ebay awhile ago. Who makes these machines ina truck mount type? the one i saw was older and lots of miles for like 30 grand used.

rhino1

Name
Chris Bolin
joeynbgky said:
I saw a big truckmounted machine on ebay awhile ago. Who makes these machines ina truck mount type? the one i saw was older and lots of miles for like 30 grand used.

I have seen some good used ones as low as 10 to $15K. You are talking like you are doing $250 K or better a year. If I was doing that much I would own one without even thinking about it. There are ones that go in a van or trailer that cost $25 K brand new!

That rotobrush is costing you more than you will ever know. I only had to use one for one day and I knew what a PITA it was. I couldn't imagine trying to do a decent job with it every day. Your cost of labor in itself is a good reason to have a more efficient system. Personally, when I upgraded I found myself closing more sales because I felt ALOT better knowing we had the equipment to do the best job possible - and it showed as enthusiasm when talking to a customer. We must have the most informed consumers in the country because they call and ASK some really good questions. I couldn't imagine trying to sell an informed customer an RB job, and I definitely can't imagine paying $30 an hour plus to a couple of guys to hack away with one of those. It is the Rug DR. of duct cleaning!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom