what do you charge for bulk water extraction??

steve g

Name
steve garrett
I had a basement with 5 feet of standing water in it, it took about 5 hours to pump it down till I could use the wand on it, xactimate shows a 2" submersible pump at $136/day I had 2 of those labor on this was 5 hours at 57.44/hr using WTR LABA code. $559 does not sound like near enough money for 5 hours work on a evening after hours

Johnnyone

You might have been able to charge for the 2 inch water hose
50 ft 2 inch charge per day $

need power? generator ??

Labor $$ 2 men after hrs more $

Sometime charge per gallon or per hrs $

property manipulation, water extraction from carpet pad $

All standing water must be removed to go to the dry down

I would say 1500 sounds good.

steve g

Name
steve garrett
Larry B said:
$110.00 per hour is not enough to stand and watch a pump?
no not considering I am close to 1k /hr normally. and especially not after hours. I make at least that money cleaning carpets DURING hours and not on an emergency basis

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
We usually don't offer that service even though we have the pumps on the truck. If we would have found that situation upon arrival we would have left it with the homeowner to baby sit. Plus it's never a good idea to remove the water too fast, it cause too much stress on the walls.

Normally head it off on the initial call, we tell them we can't do anything until it's down to an inch or less. We will recommend a rental yard for a trash pump or call a drain cleaner. What ever is blocking their drain or their sump pump needs to be corrected before we get in there.

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
steve g said:
[quote="Larry B":32fdeqhu]$110.00 per hour is not enough to stand and watch a pump?
no not considering I am close to 1k /hr normally. and especially not after hours. I make at least that money cleaning carpets DURING hours and not on an emergency basis[/quote:32fdeqhu]

I've seen Jimmy naked wow you should be rich by now! Can I borrow some money?

A $1000.00 an hour!

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge
I went out to a water job a few years ago for a flooded crawl space about 4 foot high. I put on my boots, went over and shook the sump pump, it started pumping, and I sat there for 3 hours at $120.00 an hour. Finished up with the wand and an old glide to clean up the concrete.

You get paid for your time and equipment sitting on the job....running or not.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I'd be happy with $600.00 for five hours baby sitting the pump but I doubt an insurance company would be, once they found out what you charged them for.

AJR

Supportive Member
Name
Whatshisbutt
steve g said:
I had a basement with 5 feet of standing water in it, it took about 5 hours to pump it down till I could use the wand on it, xactimate shows a 2" submersible pump at $136/day I had 2 of those labor on this was 5 hours at 57.44/hr using WTR LABA code. $559 does not sound like near enough money for 5 hours work on a evening after hours

What about your after hrs emergency service call fee, also what water class? prob would be grey or depending on how long it was there and the contents or debris could be contaminated. you can try P&O too. if you are not a preffered vendor you can charge whatever and give yourself some negotiation room to look like a nice guy lol.

Name
Yohance
We will charge about 1000. It's always a great idea to give yourself some wiggle room for the insurance adjuster. This is where not being a preferred vendor an work in your favor.

Name
Mike Brickhouse
You're right in the ballpark

I think $600-700 for the job is more than reasonable, ESPECIALLY with the nature of the issue. It's a pretty open and shut case, so to speak, so I don't bend people over for easy money :icon_cool:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom