what do you charge for rug storage- if at all?

Papa John

Lifetime Supportive Member
Name
John Stewart
I picked up 10 rugs yesterday-- then the custy says: "Can you keep them until August?"

"hum, Sure no problem" I said out loud.

But It IS a problem-- my "plant" is too small and hopefully before August we will be moving to bigger place. I haven't given her the price yet. Should I charge for storage?

Name
Nate W.
We have a $10 per rug charge, but haven't had the heart to charge it.. Most times customers want it held because they have some work going on. Seems like some customers take advantage of us not charging for storage. Some people's insurance doesn't cover contents stored more than 30 days. When disclosed, it tends to light a fire under some asses...

PrimaDonna

Megatron
Name
MB
That's a long time. Maybe find out why they need you to hold them that long?

I'd offer to return them rolled up and covered in plastic and place them in their garage or basement in their home. Then come back in August to lay them when they are ready to have them put back down. You can decide if you want to charge a nominal fee for the second trip out in August to put them back down.

rhyde

Name
rhyde
We charge .30 sq ft and or 5.00 a month minimum.
All rugs most be washed by us no exceptions.
If we store them longer than 2 months they must be wrapped in tyvek

At .30 that is nearly the cost of cleaning every year I have a large room size rug we have stored for nearly 6 years
it's about 50.00 a month you do the math.

cleanking

Name
Jordan King
We charge a dollar a day/rug. This applies mainly to rugs customers specifically say they need us to store for them. However if a customer will not schedule a drop off or pickup of their clean run we use the storage fee to, like others, light a fire under there and get them to pick them up. We end up being way cheaper than if they had to pay for some sort of storage elsewhere, and being a small plant we need to make it worth our while to have to move the rug around a few more times than usual and take up space.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom