What do you say?

Name
jack zerkie
When you receive a new call for cleaning and the caller says I want you to come and shampoo my carpet what do you say? It,s been over 25 yrs that I used that method, but now I do encap.I try to listen to the caller ,but sometime I explain that
I use HWE and see if they really know what they want other than a clean carpet and a fair price. How often do they tell you what method they want? jack z.

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
I would consider what I do shampooing in a sense. I prespray and scrub with a 175 machine and rinse/extract

Matt Murdock said:
I would consider what I do shampooing in a sense. I prespray and scrub with a 175 machine and rinse/extract

I agree with Greg on this one...I also prespray, scrub with an OP machine, and rinse/extract....

Name
jack zerkie
Sorry I guess I tried to say just shampoo no extraction from the callers info given. I know Iv,e used the combo methods and it works, but I mean shampoo only.jz

JACK ZERKIE said:
Sorry I guess I tried to say just shampoo no extraction from the callers info given. I know Iv,e used the combo methods and it works, but I mean shampoo only.jz

Then... I guess in this day and age...we would call it encap.

sweendogg

Name
David Sweeney
Remember.. most people don't know the difference between cleaning methods.. they make ask you to shampoo their carpet and that really might just mean they would like you clean them. Especielly older folks since mostly what they experienced when they were younger was shampooing, that just kinda of stuck from there on in their minds. And there is a generation now that were told by mom and dad about shampooing carpets so its been passed down as well.

I would ask very frankly are you requesting a method of cleanind or simply interested in having us clean for you?

Name
I'm Rick James
Ive been told that many times over the years and in all cases they meant steam cleaning eh eh HWE with a truckmounted unit, I mean van mounted unit.

We specialize in shampooing carpet. We can also steam clean your carpet if you want that method. Yes I meant steam cleaning.

joe harper

Name
joe harper
sweendogg said:
Remember.. most people don't know the difference between cleaning methods.. they make ask you to shampoo their carpet and that really might just mean they would like you clean them. Especielly older folks since mostly what they experienced when they were younger was shampooing, that just kinda of stuck from there on in their minds. And there is a generation now that were told by mom and dad about shampooing carpets so its been passed down as well.

I would ask very frankly are you requesting a method of cleanind or simply interested in having us clean for you?

My ..."FaNtAcY CleAnEr".....Scores another TOUCHDOWN....!!!!

Good Job their SWEENEY....your are still my #1......"Draft Choice"..... :!: :!:

sweendogg

Name
David Sweeney
HARPER said:
sweendogg said:

Careful there Harpman, some may think you have a man crush! :mrgreen:

Hey speaking of shampoo.. Anyone remember a really old carpet shampoo called Super Rejuvenate.. Way back about 35 plus years ago.. our family did cleaning in the business originally and they were one of the first in the country using Vonschrader machines as well as regular shampooing. This was one of the few chemicals my dad can still recall his dad and uncles using. However, seems really difficult to find someone in the industry that still remembers it.

joe harper

Name
joe harper
sweendogg said:
HARPER said:
sweendogg said:

Careful there Harpman, some may think you have a man crush! :mrgreen:

Hey speaking of shampoo.. Anyone remember a really old carpet shampoo called Super Rejuvenate.. Way back about 35 plus years ago.. our family did cleaning in the business originally and they were one of the first in the country using Vonschrader machines as well as regular shampooing. This was one of the few chemicals my dad can still recall his dad and uncles using. However, seems really difficult to find someone in the industry that still remembers it.

Did it contain...."BANANA OIL".... :?:

Name
Lee Stockwell
I used tons of Johnson's Rugbee shampoo back in the day when every corner store rented Blue Lustre machines and poo. (Late 60's early 70's)

"Shampoo" just became a euphamism for "cleaning" the carpet.

Everybody shampoos their hair. Apply a product, agitate, rinse it out.
That's what we do.

Thanks,
Lee

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
I'll have someone ask to shampoo their carpet (btw sham poo :) )
and I always assume they simply mean "clean". Its the old term and its like someone asking specifically for Scotchgard. Its a tribute to the marketing of a brand, but what they want is a protectant applied to keep the carpets looking cleaner longer.
I simply spend some time updating their terminology, ie educate them. Offer to come over and give a quote and keep educating them to where they usually say "That makes sense."
Then I book the job.

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
From the late 40's through late 70's we made 1000's of quarts of Fiber-Glo Shampoo Concentrate that were sold through neighborhood stores. In the early 80's we still sold it through our Rug Care Center and I use to make a batch every few weeks as we sold a couple dozen quarts a week. Oh the good old days.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom