What do you think is the best chemical for carpet pre spray?

M

Mr. P

There are sooooo many chemicals out there, I'm just wondering who has the best out there? It get's confusing. My buddy just started in the business, and I told him about some products, but he is still confused. He listens to the sales people instead us the actual people doing the work. Maybe we can help by telling him what the most of us use rather than a sales person.
Thanks,
Nick

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
for banging out apts and grungies, Prochem Powerburst is tops in my book

for res and light to moderate soil, pick your poison, cause most of them are pretty good.
Might I recommend you buy from one of our supporting distributors though.
You can be assured if they advertise here, you'll get good service

Best thing to do is side by side comparisons in trashed empties.
Then you'll know what works best for "your" style, equipment, technique and soil type

just no substitute for that

..L.T.A.

AshleyMckendree

Supportive Member
Name
Ashley Mckendree
What Larry said,

My recommendations

For regular "Trashed" grease-pit restaurants:

Fibermax - PowerMAXX - $125 45lbs Pale - 2oz per gallon

Chemiesters - Grease Eraser $167 37lbs Pale - 3oz per gallon

These also work well for carpets with very little hope.

For every day anything:

Judsons O2 System - Could really replace the above 2 products by using there O2 Modifier and upping the mix %... just costs a little much for those cheap ass monthly accounts some of us Broke Dicks do.

hogjowl

Idiot™
The truth is, there is no correct answer to your question. You'll get a thousand different answers from numb-nut carpet cleaners who have no friggin idea what's the best answer for YOU.

The best answer is not to promote what WE'RE currently using as being YOUR best choice. YOUR best approach would be to check and see if there are any LOCAL suppliers in your area who carry name brand chemicals and (hopefully) equipment and repair services. Purchase what they sell and start building a relationship with them. If you can do this, you will save yourself shipping charges, the inconvenience of shipping times and may be able to gain a local relationship with someone who can help you out in times of trouble.

Most chemicals made by the suppliers who advertise here and on other boards are all, pretty much, the same in terms of performance, and you can't go wrong with any of them. There ARE exceptions to this.

The real issue for your friend, or you, or whoever ... is not what chemicals they use, but what techniques they use to approach their cleaning. If he learns the proper techniques, and gets proper training, and purchases good equipment, the chemicals won't make a major difference. However, if he doesn't know how to properly clean and purchases underperforming equipment, no chemical purchase in the world will be able to help him.

lesterj2

well at first i was cleaning with straight CarpetCop...
then i got the bottle of GrandSlam SC it was kool..

Yesterday I was using the GrandSlam SC with a boost of the CarpetCop...
I LOVE It !!! Too bad I didnt bring my camera...

Name
George Valliant
In the past 24 months, or so, I have personally used every gram/oz of the following pre-sprays:

1. 440lbs of KleenRite’s High PH
2. 360 lbs of KleenRite’s PCX (emulsifier)
3. 400 lbs of Proschoice Extreme Clean (pre spray/ emulsifier)
4. 200 lbs of Proschoice Pro-Zyme,
5. 6 lbs of Chemeister Grease Eraser
6. 2 case Matrix Grand Slam (mint)
7. 5 case Bridgepoint CitriSolve (booster/solvent)
8. 1 case of Proschoice FireWater (booster)
9. 2 case of Proschoice Dirt Chaser X-2
10. 2 case Prochem Citrus Pro – (Currently, my favorite booster/solvent)
11. 90 lbs of Dynachem PowerMAXX (currently on order)
And a dozens other samples I can’t recall at the moment.

Right now I’m on an Enzyme trip. I really like Pro-Zyme but Dynachem is having a special this month and 45 lbs of PowerMAXX (w/ Enzyme and Delimonine) is only $89 + shipping. Screaming deal! If I like it and the price doesn’t go crazy, I may stick with it indefinitely.

I wish I could tell you which is best for your friend, but right now I’m still trying to figure out which is best for me.

Good luck

Ps. I’ve never heard of CarpetCop. Where can I get some?

Thanks!

Scott S.

Supportive Member
Name
Scott
fool,

holy hell, how do you go threw so much chemical?
what do you like so far?

steve g

Name
steve garrett
prochems chemical line is the best, ultra pak traffic clean is the best prespray of all time, it works for me on everything except a trashed olefin in a warehouse in that case I use prochems renovate, I do use some cobb stuff like the POG, power brightner, powered reducer, odor attack, solvent protector and encap stuff.

Mikey P

Administrator
IMO the best pre spray is one that you can use less of to clean wool and cotton and more of to degrease a section 8 rat hole.

Liquid- 02 with hot sauce

Powder- grease eraser and Cobbs Powermax...heard powerburst is the shheet though havent tried it.

Name
George Valliant
I take that back. I was recalling from January of 2006. That would make it closer to 36 months. my bad....

I'm liking Pro-Zyme right now because it cleans well and I can transition to tile without switching chems. My van is packed full of equipment so i consolidate chemicals as much as possible. That's why I used to love the Proschoice Extreme because it's a fantastic pre-spray that be used as emulsifier. I probably would still be using it but something to do with China and olympics caused the sulfate price to go up. So, i switched to Pro-Zyme.

I just ordered PowerMaxx and expecting a delivery on Monday. I should like it.

Goldenboy

Name
Mike Waldron
Tried Powerburst. Not impressed. Using Fibermax's Powermax currently. I have yet to decide if Powermax is better then Fiirst Step from Steam Pros.

Golden Boy

The Preacher

2112 from CSN in Pensacola is an = to Cobbs Powermaxx.

i haven't tried Cobbs PM, butt Pennington posted it awhile back and i bought a 45# bucket. i've been more pleased with it than i was with Fibermax's powder Powermax, so WalDope is a freakin' hack at this piont!!!

Ultra Pac Renovate is a great product also.

B&BGaryC

Name
B&BGaryC
Carpet Cleaning Fool said:
8. 1 case of Proschoice FireWater
Thanks!

I about fell over when I looked at a jug of that. It's called FireWater and it has a picture of an Indian Chief on it! :shock:

Don't take that on the Rez for a cleaning or you'll go out with the trash. On second thought, don't go to the rez to clean. (Unless it's a $300,000 fire job.)

Larry B

Name
Larry Burrell
admiralclean said:
and purchases good equipment, However, if he doesn't know how to properly clean and purchases underperforming equipment, no chemical purchase in the world will be able to help him.

Is this code that you have a fixer upper Vortex for sale? :lol:

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
Start your day with boiling water and Cobbs Powermax by the time you have to mix your next batch your truck should have boiling water. This will outclean and make things beautiful. I rinse with JJ or Prochem All Fiber

R

rotovacguy

B&BGaryC said:
[quote="Carpet Cleaning Fool":9ujhm5n7]
8. 1 case of Proschoice FireWater
Thanks!

I about fell over when I looked at a jug of that. It's called FireWater and it has a picture of an Indian Chief on it! :shock:

Don't take that on the Rez for a cleaning or you'll go out with the trash. On second thought, don't go to the rez to clean. (Unless it's a $300,000 fire job.)[/quote:9ujhm5n7]

LOL...yeah, I did a double wide on an Indian reservation just ouside of Green Bay a few weeks ago....WOW, I've done some nasty dumps in my time, but I think this was easily the worst one. That place didn't need a carpet cleaning, it needed a wrecking ball!!

I never tried the firewater stuff, yet. I use the Pro's Choice Ultra TLC, and have been very pleased with the results. It rips through the nasties with ease, and it leaves a pleasant smell, too.

BTW, what happened to the dancing bear?

Captain Morgan

Supportive Member
Name
Bill Morgan
ODIN said:
Castrol super clean or purple power greased lightning will also work

Odin, are you talking about automotive cleaners found at Walmart or VIP? Never heard of these before.

Chris A

Name
Chris
you can get it at Walmart in the Auto section. I bought a gallon and stuffed it in the truck just in case.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom