What do you think of the new Liberty

jimn

Older style with Kohler, GP pump, Roots blower.

libertysmallersize.jpg

New style with Kohler, Cat Hot and dry pump, Roots blower and a few "other" performace enhancements.
Do you like the new outline and color configuration?

NewLiberty.jpg

lib3.jpg

I am looking for input on the appeal of the new unit as it stands without complicating things. Any input is greatly appreciated unless it is from Mikey or Les. :p
:)

Happy Cleaning!

Derek

Supportive Member
Name
Derek
having never seen your TM's before, between the 2 colors i prefer the gray over the baby blue.

Ryan

The new color is fine, the new gauges look way better!

Doug Cox

Supportive Member
Name
Doug Cox
At first glance, on the older style, the unloader looked like an afterthought. I lie the gray way better than the blue.

Johnny

Supportive Member
Name
Johnny
Prefer the asthetics of the old. New looks like a Saphire.

Remote front-mounted oil filter is a little more convenient, but unsightly in that position.

New Liberty comes with a full-size waste tank?

What's the difference between New Liberty and Freedom XT?

jimn

Thanks Derek..

Josh Adler said:
As far as looks go i like the old one.

Thats 2 for the older style.

Ryan said:
The new color is fine, the new gauges look way better!

I like the new gauges better as well. Our philosophy over the years has been to "keep it simple". The new gauges are electronic.

Doug Cox said:
At first glance, on the older style, the unloader looked like an afterthought. I lie the gray way better than the blue.

Thanks Doug, that is three votes for the older color. I was just trying to "change it up a bit" with the new blue color along with slight performance enhancements.

Johnny said:
Prefer the asthetics of the old. New looks like a Saphire.

Remote front-mounted oil filter is a little more convenient, but unsightly in that position.

New Liberty comes with a full-size waste tank?

What's the difference between New Liberty and Freedom XT?

Thanks Johnny. The remote oil filter is in a position that allows easy access. Although it is on the front, to me it makes sence because it is "in your face". The new Liberty does come with a smaller waste tank which holds about 50 gallons yet the APO is standard. The difference between the Liberty and Freedom is the overall power. The Liberty come standard with the 36 blower and 2000 psi whereas the Freedom has the 47 blower and available 3000 psi system to say the least.

I am going to make all units available with a few color options.

Let me know your thoughts.

Standard metallic silver frame and tank with your choice of colors for the panels etc.. I am waiting to see what stock colors are available in a Powdercoated format.

Thanks for all of the input. It is greatly appreciated!

Name
Lee Stockwell
Don't care for the sharp edge on the chrome exhaust tip, prefer rounded. It would be eye-level to a couple of my more curious grandchildren.

I like the remote oil filter for the reasons you noted.

rhino1

Name
Chris Bolin
I think the unloader is in a way better position on the new one. Looks nice. I have some questions...

Specs, warranty, serviceability, what materials the frame and tank were made from, lets don't forget price... even though that isn't the most important consideration.

How many of those neat little sensors that seem to be the PITA factor on modern TM's?

Is this user-chimp friendly/field fixable or do I need an electronics, engineering, and mechanical degree?

I will either be buying or building another unit this fall - weighing the pros and cons. A good friend of mine purchased an new PC a year or two back and has tons of problems with it, I would definitely want to avoid the issues he has had.

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
I love the oil filter, who cares if it is out front? It is easy. The looks ,again who gives a shit. Who is looking at it? Look at that rusty shitbox van but man that truckmounts color was awesome. Does it work? That is all that matters plus price point

jimn

rhino1 said:
I think the unloader is in a way better position on the new one. Looks nice. I have some questions...

Specs, warranty, serviceability, what materials the frame and tank were made from, lets don't forget price... even though that isn't the most important consideration.

How many of those neat little sensors that seem to be the PITA factor on modern TM's?

Is this user-chimp friendly/field fixable or do I need an electronics, engineering, and mechanical degree?

I will either be buying or building another unit this fall - weighing the pros and cons. A good friend of mine purchased an new PC a year or two back and has tons of problems with it, I would definitely want to avoid the issues he has had.

Hello Chris,

Thanks for the comments/questions.

I would prefer to contact you privately about the specs. The main reason being is that my intentions were to not promote the unit here but to get opinions on asthetics. I will send that e-mail shortly.

Who is your good friend and what machine does he have? I may know him and be able to shine some light on the subject.

Shane T said:
I like the new layout and upgrades to the unit but don't like the new paint scheme at all.

Hello Shane, Thanks for the honest input.

Greg Crowley said:
I love the oil filter, who cares if it is out front? It is easy. The looks ,again who gives a shit. Who is looking at it? Look at that rusty shitbox van but man that truckmounts color was awesome. Does it work? That is all that matters plus price point

Greg, I agree with you on this. If a unit is easy to maintain yet not as pretty as a different brand sitting next to it (which is harder to service/maintain), which one do you choose? If it were me, I would pick the one with the easiest access to the components and make serviceability a priority but "in the real world" this is sometimes if not mostly not the case.

If there were 2 mustangs sitting on a showroom floor, one was a new 2010 GT and the other was a 1970 Mach 1, which would most people prefer? The 2010 has all the bells and whistles, fancy seats, costs more and cannot be serviced "on the fly". It also needs a certified mechanic to diagnose and repair things, whereas the 1970 is very simple and easy to maintain/repair with minimal electronic items and moving parts to potentially fail. It can also be serviced by either the owner or any mechanic.

The 2010 is more "appealing" because it does have all of the bells and whistles whereas the 1970 does not yet is has the same if not better performace than the 2010.

To me, having the oil filter out front is a simple and good idea. It saves time, money and eliminates a potential mess in the truck. It is in the same location on all of our machines.

Once again, Thanks for the input guys it is very much appreciated. You will be seeing a color change/revision coming soon.

Happy Cleaning! :D

Jim

Glynn

I think the original one looks home made, dont like the filter being on the front either and the reulator is still in a poor position.
Start again.

fresh1

I think the new color is too light go with a darker blue like the 08 tmt units. As for the oil filter, my concern is that it might get bumped or damaged and it just looks out of place in that position. Aesthetics do matter, my rig and Freedom xt are a sales tool. Would you hire the guy with a porty in the back of a 85 Cadillac? or the guy with the fresh new trailer and Tm? somewhat amus

Doug Cox

Supportive Member
Name
Doug Cox
So Jim- Have you made it easier to change the belts on the Genesis, or do you still have to climb down between the machine and recovery tank to change the belts?

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge
Looks like SS QD's.......what is the APO consist of.......the old bilge pump, or a diaphram? You're still avoiding Dougs question......what's the price point??

Joel D

Name
Joel Darker
what?! come on i love the color its hot rod ish

the oil filter? who cares

yes customers notice. ive had many comments "wow thats quite a machine" "that looks like serious" etc. by men and women

jimn

Glynn said:
I think the original one looks home made, dont like the filter being on the front either and the reulator is still in a poor position.
Start again.

The 1st one was one of the original units and is all that I could find on our server at the time. I gues you can say that all of our machines are home made. Each one is hand built by 2 production people that specialize in the particular unit they are building and I consider everyone here to be a part of the business family and they are treated that way.

fresh1 said:
I think the new color is too light go with a darker blue like the 08 tmt units. As for the oil filter, my concern is that it might get bumped or damaged and it just looks out of place in that position. Aesthetics do matter, my rig and Freedom xt are a sales tool. Would you hire the guy with a porty in the back of a 85 Cadillac? or the guy with the fresh new trailer and Tm? somewhat amus

Thanks for the input. I did change the color recently and are awaiting samples. I am confident that everyone will like it!

Doug Cox said:
So Jim- Have you made it easier to change the belts on the Genesis, or do you still have to climb down between the machine and recovery tank to change the belts?

Yes, this was addressed and it has a very similar adjusting system that the DXT has. You do still have to get at the slide nuts but the adjusting bolt is located on the left side of the unit. We build and installed a few upgrade brackets to older units and it works well.

rwcarpet said:
Looks like SS QD's.......what is the APO consist of.......the old bilge pump, or a diaphram? You're still avoiding Dougs question......what's the price point??

It has a rubber impellar typr APO. The old style 12V systems to me were very high maintanance. I am not avoiding the price point of the unit. The actual pricing depends on where you aquire the machine from. It all depends on the distributor.
The list price for the unit is 17k and some change.

Joel D said:
what?! come on i love the color its hot rod ish

the oil filter? who cares

yes customers notice. ive had many comments "wow thats quite a machine" "that looks like serious" etc. by men and women

Joel, I am a gear head by nature and are into hot rods. The new colors will reflect that and it will not be dull. I will post photos of it when it is completed.

Once again, Thanks for the questions.Ideas and comments. They are always appreciated! :D

Jim

Mikey P

Administrator
Blue?

are you ******* kidding me?

Good lord Jim.

Why don't you use a brushed stainless shell, put a Vortex logo on it and charge an extra ten grand as an even stupider move.

jimn

Mikey P said:
Blue?

are you ******* kidding me?

Good lord Jim.

Why don't you use a brushed stainless shell, put a Vortex logo on it and charge an extra ten grand as an even stupider move.

LOL, Thanks Mike..

Johnny

Supportive Member
Name
Johnny
Have the exhaust heat exchangers been improved? I'm replacing the one on my Freedom 47 (1850 hrs.) with a new one today.

I did wrap it for better heat, which may have contributed to its premature failure, but I was told by you (Jim), and my PowerClean distributor (Frank), and various MB luminaries, that this would not affect its longevity.

jimn

Johnny said:
Have the exhaust heat exchangers been improved? I'm replacing the one on my Freedom 47 (1850 hrs.) with a new one today.

I did wrap it for better heat, which may have contributed to its premature failure, but I was told by you (Jim), and my PowerClean distributor (Frank), and various MB luminaries, that this would not affect its longevity.

Johnny,

Wrapping it is a good idea providing the wrap is capable of handling the high temps on each end of the exchanger where the exhaust enters and exits. I do not see this posing a problem. We used to do this in the past but are now using a ceramic based coating for them.

Have they changed in design? No, they have not. We have been using the exact same design for over 15 years now with very minimal or no issues. It is a "tube and shell" stainless steel design made to withstand 3000 psi. Your exchanger is the same style as the original Genesis which was designed over 15 years ago with the exception that the Freedom is slightly smaller to fit within the machines footprint.

Did you get the machine new or second hand? The only thing I am aware of that may cause it to deteriorate/fail is if it froze or if there may have been some sort of pressure surge/pulsation causing premature wear.

Give me a call when you get a chance. I would like to see if I can determine what may have caused it. Normally, if a heat exchanger is going to fail, it does so relatively soon

Jim

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge
rwcarpet said:

Oh....and I noticed a "last step" injection pump. That's a good idea.

Johnny

Supportive Member
Name
Johnny
Jim:

Bought the machine new. Never froze (used only in Southern California). Not aware of a pressure surge or other trauma. I'll ship you the leaky one if you want to ckeck it out and repair it so I can add it to the machine. 8)

I'm otherwise very satisfied with my Freedom. Intellegently-engineered. Industry-standard, high-quality components. Easy to work on.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom