What do you think the unemplOyment % is at?

Mikey P

Administrator
Not what the media/government is telling us, what are you seeing amongst your neighbors and customers?

I'd have to more than 20% here.

G

Not looking pretty around here either, and this is fuggin San Diego!

Does it matter if it is at 4,6,10, or 20 percent?

No it doesn't.

History will repeat itself. It always does.

Becker

Name
Becker
Heard on the news today, they say improvement is happening, but it will take 5 years to get it back to a normal, or low rate.

What the heck?

I think it was the news way of say.. Not till we get new blood in the white house.

steve g

Name
steve garrett
I know they say its dipped below 10% but I call BS on that. I can tell you where I am at its as bad as its ever been with nothing changing in site.

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
that big construction project up the road isnt going to help any???...isnt that what most of those around are anyway...in construction??

B

Bill G. Martin

You should try central Florida on for size.....at least 12 to 15% unemployment. We also have one of the highest foreclosure rates in the nation.

Our country is very ....very sick. Heard on talk radio today that Donald Trump might run for Prisident. He advocates at 25% import tax on the Chinese goods coming in to our country. He says the Chinese are manipulating the world money source. Trump's theory....this tax will spur work here in the states....by creating jobs and reopening factories. For example, I grew up in the furniture business as a kid. Almost all case goods (Wood tables, dressers, beds for example) are now imported from the far east. We ship them the raw lumber and they turn it into furniture, ship it back to us and still make a profit. Thousands of workers in Virginia, North and South Carolina and Tennesse have lost their jobs because of cheap labor in the Far East. Factories are sitting closed, doors locked. Also same with electronics....think of all of the TV's streaming in from Mexico and China manufacturing plants. We can build better products, we are a more creative people because of Free Enterprise....but not cheaper. They are great copy cats. Tump would get my vote.

Bill in central Florida

Chris A

Name
Chris
Northeast Ohio hasn't seemed to get much wOrse... we sorta led the way 20 years ago

Hoody

Supportive Member
Name
Steven Hoodlebrink
Same here Chris with NW Ohio. We have Chrylser/Jeep, Ford, and GM in my back yard. I've watch over 4,000 people get laid off permanently within 6 months time from those plants. The jeep liberty and a few other models roll off the line at the plant in Toledo. GM just built their 6 speed transmittion plant not even 2 years ago(I stripped and put down 4 coats of wax on the 11,300 sq ft admin offices of brand new VCT at that plant 4 years ago before any machinery was installed). There are 6 plants around here that made auto interior, and other components for vehicles that have either closed or have removed the majority of employment in the last 10 years.

My dad was perm laid off after being at a company for 25 years, he was a welding fabricator. He, two other guys, and the owner started that company which later expanded into a company that would net 3 million every 28 days. Someone in their office was snaking bids to the competitor. The competitor ended up buying them out after they lost so much work. That company crashed in 5 years time. They also built filtration systems for big factories to filter the water from auto assembly plants. Once the auto industry crash the rope snapped the companies neck.

Total I'm estimating over 15,000 jobs lost in my small neck of the woods just from the auto industry. That is on the low side I'm sure. Unemployment is around 20%, as my area mainly had to do with the auto industry.

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
the slice the guv'mnt is feeding you is people looking not people out of work. The national jobless rate is at about 22%.

One of the biggest problems is length someone can stay on unemployment. It makes plenty of people do their own thing on the side which cuts into our pot because alot go rug dr cleaning etc. It is easier when you are getting a $500 head start and only need a grand a week with no real bills. The unions have changed a few rules as well before carpenters and electricians could not do side work based on unions rules but now they can solicit business without union retribuation because the unions know they sold out Americans.

I am currently for local government and plan to implement new strategies designed to rein in spending and not continue to grow out government at its current rate. The liabilities it is creating will make unemployment continue while government grows until we are Europe. 235 years isn't along time for independence hopefully we can turn it around and NOT join the world

Jeff Brown

Name
Jeff Brown
They say 16% around here but as others have said I'm sure that's the ones looking. We have a lot of community organizers that like to steal as a job maybe they are taking that in consideration when determing the unemployment rate.

steve g

Name
steve garrett
Bill G. Martin said:
You should try central Florida on for size.....at least 12 to 15% unemployment. We also have one of the highest foreclosure rates in the nation.

Our country is very ....very sick. Heard on talk radio today that Donald Trump might run for Prisident. He advocates at 25% import tax on the Chinese goods coming in to our country. He says the Chinese are manipulating the world money source. Trump's theory....this tax will spur work here in the states....by creating jobs and reopening factories. For example, I grew up in the furniture business as a kid. Almost all case goods (Wood tables, dressers, beds for example) are now imported from the far east. We ship them the raw lumber and they turn it into furniture, ship it back to us and still make a profit. Thousands of workers in Virginia, North and South Carolina and Tennesse have lost their jobs because of cheap labor in the Far East. Factories are sitting closed, doors locked. Also same with electronics....think of all of the TV's streaming in from Mexico and China manufacturing plants. We can build better products, we are a more creative people because of Free Enterprise....but not cheaper. They are great copy cats. Tump would get my vote.

Bill in central Florida

tump did have some interesting things to say, he also said just as I did in a past thread, you can look it up, (yes I am patting myself on the back) that when oil hit $140 a barrel and gas was $4/gallon the nation has never been the same and triggered what we are seeing.

as to everything being made in china, well its our own darn fault, the unions have ruined the manufacturing in this country. all the industrial areas in the new england area are a ghost town, why because its too expense to make things there. and why is that one word, unions.

harryhides

Name
Tony
Never underestimate the American people. A couple of years ago the average American personal savings rate was MINUS 5 %. Now it's PLUS 5%. A bit late for folks to wake up but changes like that have huge consequences. Here in Canada we have a far more fiscally conservative banking regulatory system and so have escaped the woes of many others. But then again we can't deduct mortgage payments from our taxes. :cry:

slide-11.jpg

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
I heard Harold that your country of mobile homes is not financed with a mortgage like traditional homes but financed like a auto loan.

Hence no mortgage deduction.

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
I am not sure how the private sector will do going forward, hopefully it will do o.k.

The government sector especially the state side (and not only California- each and every state in the union, they are all in bad financial shape) will have to cut their size and their projects.
As unlike the Feds, by law they are required to balance their budget.
And unlike the Fed, they can not print money out of thin air.

Got to keep affecting employment and depressing the economy.

It will take a long time to dig ourselves out of this deep hole that some seem to blame on one administration alone.

Regardless of political affiliation, anybody that think that this dire financial situation was all created by one administration, better take their head out of their ...

And anybody thinking that a clown like Trump is the solution, better get their head checked PRONTO!

Name
steve snail
4 percent unemployment here in Nebraska the last time I read. Very fiscally conservative here in the heartland, kinda like Canada eh? Harold.

harryhides

Name
Tony
Steve in Omaha said:
4 percent unemployment here in Nebraska the last time I read. Very fiscally conservative here in the heartland, kinda like Canada eh? Harold.

Yup, I believe that North Dakota not only has the lowest unemployment rate but also one of the highest per capita State surpluses. Right north of we have the lowest unemployment rate in Canada.

Name
steve snail
harryhides said:
Steve in Omaha said:

Yup, I believe that North Dakota not only has the lowest unemployment rate but also one of the highest per capita State surpluses. Right north of we have the lowest unemployment rate in Canada.

I call Bullsheet. According to this chart, Alberta has a lower rate? All that free fed money and gas eh?

unemployment-graph-canada_1.gif

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom