What do you think ...

G

Do you think that IICRC Instructors should be able to push Joe Polish or Howard P on the guys during class?

Bob Foster

Partridge and Polish are pretty much brands. IICRC instructors are expressly prohibited from pushing brands and must speak in generic terms.

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
Josh

I'd like details. I'm on the Instructors and Schools Committee. If you don't want to post it here, PM me.

It is a clear violation of the rules.

Greenie

hypothetical question:

What if rules were drafted "later" that permited these very instructors to talk about specific brands. Would the later ruling mean that the previous rules were no longer enforceable?

ps: What respectable teacher would promote a marketing guru in his class in the first place?

G

It happened about 5 or 6 years ago. Back when I had another biz I sent two techs to a CCT course and they told me about a week later that the instructor was going on and on about JP and that he teaches thousands to become millionaires and what ever JP says is gospel and so on.

I didn't like it at all, but didn't pursue filing any complaints either. We just figured that we wouldn't go to anymore of the courses that he was teaching.

I was just wondering if it would've bothered anybody else if it happened to them or their techs.

or maybe it has happened to somebody else?

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
While its a bit late to do anything about that particular situation, I'm glad you brought it up, Josh.

I think some might think since it wasn't a cleaning product or machine that it was "ok"; I'll make sure its on the agenda of our next meeting.

The other thing that bothered me about your follow up was that you had technicians who were attending a technical course that was supposed to teach them how to do a better job for your company.

They shouldn't have been exposed to a "new business opportunity" while you were paying their way to be there.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom