Name
Matt w.
C4B29F8B-5604-45CA-88A3-D1140A2CE025.jpeg
107CF7C5-2D53-48A2-ACDC-C87E53FAB63F.jpeg

Reactions: Nomad74

DAT

Name
Bill Cheryl
A PTC. Get the one that clings for better dwell time. For glass, may need strong scrubbing with op or rotary. If it a lot hard water, i have been using oneRestore, but you have to check if it is hard water otherwise it wont work. I recently used stone pro scrub..worked great

Reactions: BIG WOOD

Bob Pruitt

Name
Robert Pruitt
Sometimes the glass blocks aren't glass. There are plastic glass blocks...for some reason. Quick check before you throw acid on it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Neil E and BIG WOOD

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
I've just placed the order of the water stain remover and the steel wool. I scheduled this job for the 10th of January, so I'll let you know how it goes. I don't know if you saw that tile also... This tile is 7years old and has never been sealed. So I"m gonna have some major mildew stain problems also

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
I just ordered some. How well does it work on the hard water spots on ceramic tile?

works great...take a white pad and scrub it in really good... ......then put some water in a spray bottle and wipe all the residue off...

for really large areas I use a small white pad and put the stone scrub on the tile......and then I use my Makita polisher with a white pad and scrub it in.......more aggressive and moves faster....

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
works great...take a white pad and scrub it in really good... ......then put some water in a spray bottle and wipe all the residue off...

for really large areas I use a small white pad and put the stone scrub on the tile......and then I use my Makita polisher with a white pad and scrub it in.......more aggressive and moves faster....
All I have is a drill. Will that get the job done faster?

Reactions: Stephen D. Gillett

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
I've used rubbing compound used for cars with some success. They have two kinds , a fine and a more abrasive. But used an acid shower cleaner first then did that. And afterward put on a car wax and buffed.

steve_64

We use Hold Fast and a blue pad n sponge the no scratch type but it will scratch glass if you work it to hard. We use 000 steel wool too.

Old Coastie

Supportive Member
Name
Stephen
What you need will vary from area to area. The type of minerals in local water, the soaps being used by your customers, the amount of deposits... all variables. No magic bullet.

One way to think of it is that you are breaking down a layered matrix, so rock the PH back and forth until it is done. Friction is your friend, so an orbital sander, a Makita or whatever with a red pad to avoid abrasive scratches. Sometimes a plastic scraper. Harbor Freight sells red plastic chisels that you can resharpen with a pocket knife. Get a set.

If you find a really good alkaline for your area and a really good acid like Barkeepers Friend, stick with them.

Avoid Viper Renew in bathrooms. It is choking and turns chrome blue. It rusts hell out of stainless.

Experiment!

steve_64

https://catalog.wipeco.com/CatalogP...Chemical-Hold-Fast-Bowl-and-Restroom-Cleaner/

We also use their toilet bowl cleaner. Hardly any fragrance imo on the hold fast.

We use the hold fast on fiberglass and plastic showers too. On occasion we use super bowl the toilet bowl ckeaber, on fiberglass showers. You can't let it touch the hardware though. Put it right in the sponge and use it where you need it. Keep the water running a little so you don't damage the drain.

Genny has this down.

Reactions: GreenTechAgain
Name
Ross Martin
https://catalog.wipeco.com/CatalogP...Chemical-Hold-Fast-Bowl-and-Restroom-Cleaner/

We also use their toilet bowl cleaner. Hardly any fragrance imo on the hold fast.

We use the hold fast on fiberglass and plastic showers too. On occasion we use super bowl the toilet bowl ckeaber, on fiberglass showers. You can't let it touch the hardware though. Put it right in the sponge and use it where you need it. Keep the water running a little so you don't damage the drain.

Genny has this down.

Never thought of doing that. Good suggestion, thanks.

I use a sprayer and sometimes get streaks that I have to work out.

Reactions: steve_64

Todd Slamen

Name
Todd Slamen
I dont have pictures however, you can look them up on either mbstone, stonepro, or your supplier. I live in an area that has very hard water I have use the mb soap remover, stone scrub and white pad and brushes along with polishing compound to find a solution. Each of the following has its place depending on the extent of the hard water your dealing with. I also have cerium oxide and whitting I haven't had them time to play with. I hard lent my brushes to a window cleaner he was impressed with them on uneven glass surfaces but he's questions weather the price is worth the rewarrd of the time saved. I tried to keep you up on my progress.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom