What do you use to store or carry your spotters in?

Becker

Name
Becker
spottingkit2.gif

Bought the kit years ago.. Box still works great.

So the simple answer is a tool box that will hold a 32 oz bottle of spotter and all the tools I need.

I can make that work.

Currently I keep all my spotters on my van shelf.

There are necessary spotters.

I keep a lot of chems on my truck. I am trying to cut back.

Spotters:

POG
Rubbing Alcohol
Citrus Gel
Acetone
Urine Rescue (peroxide)
Protein Spotter
Red Relief
Stain Magic
Rust Remover
Oxidizer (odor rescue)

Those are what I feel are necessary spotters)

I also keep

Presprays:
Redline (covers just about everything
Fine fabric prespray
Fine fabric shampoo
Cotton Shampoo
Alkaline tile cleaner
Acid tile cleaner
stripper
sanitizer
deodorizer
bio enzyme deodorizer
jugs for applying the chems
Defoamer
Carpet protector
Dry slurry (not on shelf, but by the mix jug)

I know I am forgetting something

That is a lot of stuff to carry

F

FB7777

I use 2 5 gallon bucket bosses

one has spotters and towels

the other has shears, tabs, blocks, furniture movers

pfred said:

That sound better.

Don most spotters such as red relief, pog, rust remover etc are in 1 qt bottles.

Most spotting kits accomodate 16 oz (pint) spotters.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
danielc said:
pfred said:

That sound better.

Don most spotters such as red relief, pog, rust remover etc are in 1 qt bottles.

Most spotting kits accomodate 16 oz (pint) spotters.

Have you ever actually cleaned a carpet?? lol j/k

Yeah, the qt bottles I would usually have on the shelf.
For now they're in the bigger Tool box with wheels until I decide if I want to put shelves in the truck.

Becker

Name
Becker
Well if you are going to go with qt sized bottle for a spotting kit, forget about a tool box.
Go with the bucket like Fred uses.

I buy a lot of spotters in bulk and refill smaller bottles.

I carry tabs, blocks, tools, sliders etc in a large heavy canvas tool bag.

Shorty

RIP
Name
Shorty Glanville
Vac-a-way by Steve Smith, Pro Spotting Kit.

KitLidDown2_small.jpg

Keeps all the good stuff together in an easy to carry box so the kids can't get to it. !gotcha!

Ooroo.

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
spotters???? wtf

cobbs...takes 93% of shit out.....and the rest...most custys could give a shit....and most custys, there are no "extra" spots or stains there....

little rust, citrus, and i am good to go....

plus i dont ACE around with pet odors/spots.....it makes me gag, plus its a pita....and yet again, most custys dont care or just dont have it....

KevinL

Supportive Member
Name
Kevin Leach
You kids. Get a caddy from walmart. Holds 4 quart bottles on one side( citrus, purple power,(takes out grease and food) rust remover, defoamer). blocks,tabs, gum tool and little crap on the other side. Keep it close by but make sure the kids don't get to it. Any other spotter you need is not that often and you keep it on the truck.

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
I have a caddy like Kevin with red relief, stainmagic , rust remover, solvent and also 2 buckets like PFRed.

I also have 10 quart sprayers ready to go with fabset, cotton cleaner, deo, urine remover etc...

3 shelves of chems. 2 steamers for spots

It take a lot of crap to clean carpet.

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
I have the Vacaway spotting kit shown above.
Blocks and tabs are in a bag with my sliders
I wear a electricians tool pouch to carry my everyday ready to use spotters. Hate having to keep walking back and forth whenever a spot won't come out with the prespray. And darn it if I don't spot one, look around for more, don't see any, go put the spotter away, and on the next pass there's another spot! :roll: SO I keep them close.

F

FB7777

floorguy said:
spotters???? wtf

cobbs...takes 93% of shit out.....and the rest...most custys could give a shit....and most custys, there are no "extra" spots or stains there....

plus i dont ACE around with pet odors/spots.....it makes me gag, plus its a pita....and yet again, most custys dont care or just dont have it....
this wasn't a question as to whether you are a complete hack, or a carpet cleaner that says "sorry maam I don't clean pet spots" :shock:

I assume you carry blocks, tabs and at least one water based spotter and a solvent spotter in the home?

What do use to carry them into the customer's home?

If I left 7% of what " Cobbs leaves behind" in the carpet my customers would hate my guts

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
pfred said:
floorguy said:
spotters???? wtf

this wasn't a question as to whether you are a complete hack, or a carpet cleaner that says "sorry maam I don't clean pet spots" :shock:

I assume you carry blocks, tabs and at least one water based spotter and a solvent spotter in the home?

If I left 7% of what " Cobbs leaves behind" in the carpet my customers would hate my guts

"when" i need them i go grab them.....dont forget that 75% of my biz is commercial...so i would gather i dont do things the way you "country folk" do....

and liek i said, most people dont have the shit on the carpets i hear you guys talk about....and those that do, when i bring up an extra cost, i see the wheels turning....

F

FB7777

:mrgreen:

I hear ya Doug, some times I'm jealous of the ease of hacking out large areas and the absense of specialty spotting

Name
I'm Rick James
[*]
floorguy said:
pfred said:
floorguy said:
spotters???? wtf

"when" i need them i go grab them.....dont forget that 75% of my biz is commercial...so i would gather i dont do things the way you "country folk" do....

and liek i said, most people dont have the shit on the carpets i hear you guys talk about....and those that do, when i bring up an extra cost, i see the wheels turning....

Thats really odd you pass onpet stains..any of my clients call me out because of their pet. I charge extra for it..why? Because its extra work and nothing better than adding on another chunk of change. I dont recall ever someone complaining when they wanted the pet odor taken care of.

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Daniel;

We use an open-top tray for time-saving (in background).
spotkit.jpg

Like all chemicals, you do have to keep it away from children.

Larry

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
Alexander Supertramp said:
[*]
pfred said:
floorguy said:
spotters???? wtf

Thats really odd you pass onpet stains..any of my clients call me out because of their pet. I charge extra for it..why? Because its extra work and nothing better than adding on another chunk of change. I dont recall ever someone complaining when they wanted the pet odor taken care of.[/quote]

with all of that said...I am tinkering with trying out some more residential areas...There is a new JH opening here, and the PTA brought up of the budget being low....sooooo I am thinking of offering cleaning for X amount and donating Y amount of each room to the school of their choice.....

soooooo if i am going to be doing more res. I have thought about getting the (damn forgot the name :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: ) and doing SPOTS...not these places that have 20 in a room, and getting the black light, and all the pony show stuff..

They ask, i usually side step, tell them ill do my best....and so far, people still call me back...sooooo

A. it takes care of it
B. it isnt all that bad to begin with (see A)
C. they could give a shit, cuz they let their animals shit :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

I had 2 dogs that we were house breaking...and i blotted them up right away, etc.....after the 2-3 mths of that fun, i cleaned....and it smells just fine...REMEMBER...I didnt let them ABUSE my carpet...yuck

Johnny

Supportive Member
Name
Johnny
In the van. Some on a shelf, some in a milk crate, some in the bin between the seats, some behind the waste tank, some in the doors, etc.

Never been anal about organization. I know where everything is (usually).

I keep mine on the shelf.

I really don't have room on the floor for a kit.

I just stick what I need in a small bucket with towells, blocks, and tabs, and then carry that inside.

So far it works.

If I get a bigger truck, I may put something together.

steve frasier

Supportive Member
Name
steve frasier
I will put it in a bucket or just carry in what I need

tabs are in my pocket, blocks are broken up and sat on the furniture where they will be used and sticky tabs are put under the furniture were needed

hel gel
spot n boost
pig
peroxide
ammonia
red 1
rust remover
cyclone

don't need much else but pig and hel gel will take care of most things that prespray doesn't

Back
Top Bottom