What do your customers really think of you?

RGH269

Name
Bobby Hales
I had an apartment complex that I had been cleaning for about 3 years. All the staff there from the manager on down had always raved about my work and how much money I saved them in replacement cost. Even though I didn't make a lot of money from it it helped with cash flow because they paid in a very timely manor every 30 days.

The property was sold at the end of last summer and payment had gotten way behind (at one point 4 months). In January we got a partial payment and a couple weeks later another partial, we were getting tired of playing this game, so my wife sent the manager a letter to try and get us paid, well the manager blew a gasket called the office and told my wife that she could get anyone off the streets to do what I was doing and she was sure many others would love to have their business. I really liked everyone there and never had any problems with anything so I was stunned when my wife told me what she said. My first reaction was to call her and give her a piece of my mind but I took the high road and the next time her assistant called to ask me to come out I just told her I couldn't do their work any more. (at my age that was a long hard day of cleaning anyway)

Moral you may never know how they really feel.

Chris A

Name
Chris
I wouldnt sweat it, im sure it was probably some other frustration that they directed at you. Whenever we get someone who falls behind and Stephs afraid to call and bitch I always say I dont like anybody enoug to work for them for free...

And you wouldn't be in this situation had you got a signed contract stating stating all terms and conditions.

It's not personal just business.

RickL

About 4 years ago in my largest commercial account the Director got fired, employee satisfaction issues,. I went in to meet with the new Director and he said he was going to do it internal, so I went from $50+k
down to practically nohing. After about 8 mths he was in danger of losing his job because the place looked like crap. I get a call "like to get you back in here". i raised the price an additional $.08 per sq Back up to full swing and they told me last month that they were using me for all carpet from now on nd referred me to another facility within the organization which I got.
So my business has increased.
I don't see this as an issue with you but the new person's opinion on CC'ers in general. They will find out that it's not as easy as they think and you might get them back at a respectable rate and end up with a posative outcome.

RGH269

Name
Bobby Hales
Oh I'm not sweating it Chris I'm actually glad I don't have to go there anymore. I'm 57 years old and up and down those stairs to second and third floor units took a toll on me.

Daniel you completely missed my point of posting this, It's not about the money it's about how someone may really see and feel about you. As has been said here before many people look at anyone in the cleaning biz off any kind as just cleaning people.This happened several months ago I'm certainly not crying about it as you seem to think. BTW how many contracts have you written up that were still honored in the event of a change of ownership? My guess is none. So that is a mute point, the only signed contracts I ever had were when I was doing janitorial many years ago.

Jtuseo

Name
Big Hoss
Guys 95% of customers look at carpet cleaners in the same way they look at their cleaning ladies and janitors. They look at their doctors and lawyers with respect us not so much.

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
RGH269 said:
Daniel you completely missed my point of posting this, It's not about the money it's about how someone may really see and feel about you.

For apartment don't get confused that it's about warm fuzzy feeling about you or your work.

It's about the bottom line and you can be replaced at the drop of a hat at the whim of a bean counter you'll never meet.

Why I don't go after that market.

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
RGH269 said:
Daniel you completely missed my point of posting this, It's not about the money it's about how someone may really see and feel about you. As has been said here before many people look at anyone in the cleaning biz off any kind as just cleaning people.This happened several months ago I'm certainly not crying about it as you seem to think. BTW how many contracts have you written up that were still honored in the event of a change of ownership? My guess is none. So that is a mute point, the only signed contracts I ever had were when I was doing janitorial many years ago.

Bobby, Daniel's specialty, if you missed it so far, is missing the point!
And true to form, he's doing a splendid job :p

I have to agree with Dave :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

That seem to happen almost exclusively with commercial accounts (there are some good ones though for whom it is not just the bottom line.)
With most home owners, thank the universe, it is different.

Still, it is an eye opener and very disheartening when it happens, regardless of who it is.

S

sam miller

RGH269 said:
I had an apartment complex that I had been cleaning for about 3 years. All the staff there from the manager on down had always raved about my work and how much money I saved them in replacement cost. Even though I didn't make a lot of money from it it helped with cash flow because they paid in a very timely manor every 30 days.

The property was sold at the end of last summer and payment had gotten way behind (at one point 4 months). In January we got a partial payment and a couple weeks later another partial, we were getting tired of playing this game, so my wife sent the manager a letter to try and get us paid, well the manager blew a gasket called the office and told my wife that she could get anyone off the streets to do what I was doing and she was sure many others would love to have their business. I really liked everyone there and never had any problems with anything so I was stunned when my wife told me what she said. My first reaction was to call her and give her a piece of my mind but I took the high road and the next time her assistant called to ask me to come out I just told her I couldn't do their work any more. (at my age that was a long hard day of cleaning anyway)

Moral you may never know how they really feel.

They might get anyone to work just not for free, let them now your turning down paying work to do a dirtier job that pays less and takes forever to pay. Your doing them a favor. give them a couple other sub par cleaners and they'll call You back saying sorry.

Your probably better off with out it.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
In January we got a partial payment and a couple weeks later another partial, we were getting tired of playing this game, so my wife sent the manager a letter to try and get us paid, well the manager blew a gasket called the office and told my wife that she could get anyone off the streets to do what I was doing and she was sure many others would love to have their business.
This is true, there would be a line of people to take this work.
However how long would the line be if it were explained to them up front about how poorly they pay you. 4-months after you do the work you are paid? That would be a very short line if they only knew. :shock:

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
Marty said:
I just agreed with Ofer. I'm sorry. Nobody send me any hate mail. I didn't mean to. It just couldn't be helped.
You always agree with me, Marty.

Only, it's the first time you admitted to it.

There is still hope for you buddy (as dim as it may be.)
So, buckle up and keep on the good work :p .

rhyde

Name
rhyde
Times are hard.

I have a business I do work with that stiffed me on 800.00 they still technically own me the money.
I still do work for them but I raised my price and wet to a cash only in the last year I've probably done 10K in work for them

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
have a local diner i do once a week...picked it up in march...

end of december we ate there and I chatted with the waitresses about it...THEY HATED THE GUY...told me they paid him the $100 in 1s, 5s, and 10s.. :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: said he was a dick...

so i talked to the owner...he was in no hurry to change...(ever heard that before?)

So he calls in march...guy never came just up and quit coming for 2 weeks..

so i get it....they pay me in 20s shiteatinggrin shiteatinggrin shiteatinggrin shiteatinggrin

shoot 1 time i got a benjamin 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

1 day when it was slow, they paid with 5s and 10s....and apologized... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Already cleaned 1 of the waitresses house (half, they are moving stuff around) and another said she would give me a call, when she was ready...

I have had people change employment and call me...had a few that corp changed it on them and their is nothing they can do about it....places look like shit....and the mgr/workers tell me all the time they wish they could have me back...

bottom line....I love the "shamoozing" part of the work....and the work it self....and have pretty good relationships with my custys.....hate the cold calling and the paper work...

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom