What does a website cost?

B&BGaryC

Name
B&BGaryC
I'm not asking necessarily because I want somebody to build me one. I'm not asking because I want a critique of my website either. I was put in charge of building our website a few years ago and never really got it finished. It was passable though and mostly spell-checked. I am now being asked to rebuild it from scratch. It is going to be an information dense and content rich website of approximately 50-60 pages. If I wanted to hire somebody to build me this monster of a company website / informative guide and I wanted it search engine optimized approximately what would I pay? I need to know this so that I can budget my time. If it looks like I can get this monster of a site made for a thousand dollars I will budget my time accordingly. If it looks like it will be cheaper to hire it out instead of me sinking a bunch of labor into doing it myself I will let the boss know. If an information dense website like this would rather cost $5,000 properly S.E.O.ed perhaps I will afford myself more time to do it right. If it's not worth it or if I can't do it in the time allotted cost effectively I owe it to my boss to let him know. I really don't need anything exact, just to the nearest $1000 or $500. Yes, I'm asking for a wild guess.

If this helps we are hoping for a draw of two to three thousand unique visitors and five to ten thousand page views per month. In my small area television websites draw around five thousand unique visitors a month and charge for the privilege of being listed on their site.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
I can get you a fulling operating e-commerce website.......populate it, host it AND track your progress for a one time fee of $499 and yearly renewal of $150.

Have a look at mine

www.getyourservices.com

I can also show you how to get it free if you're up to the task. !gotcha!

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
50-60 pages?

Most clients will book without going to your website and call you directly from Google Places

The prospects that go to your website. Primarily will call or click through to your competition's website from page one.

Most client won't take the time to read through heavy content.

If you do want several pages to explain what makes your company different from the rest.
Use less copy and more pictures. So, your pictures can do the talking.
Then your reader can do a quick scan/scroll to the info they want. (Since that is how people browse the net.)

More is not always better. Sometimes it is just an overload.

Wanting thousands of page views really shouldn't be the goal.

It is unrealistic. The TV stations get thousands of views because they have the draw of informing people of the news and weather. Thousands of people don't have a reason or need to go to a carpet cleaning website in your area and like I said before most clients will reserve an appointment without even going to your website anyway.

(Putting so much weight on a webpage is kind of old fashioned)

Get a new website. But, in the mean time you could easily double or more your viewers by getting 4 more reviews and the Google will give you those dandy yellow stars that will make your listing stand out of the pack. Especially, Since you will be the only one in your area to have them.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
haven't a clue how much for a 60 page site
But I'm having a hard time wrapping my head around 60 pages of content for a restoration and cleaning outfit

I was put in charge of building our website a few years ago and never really got it finished.

have to ask....howz'come you "never really finished" the first one, Scooter?

your boss is considering taking a much larger project now
I'm all for "learning on the job" and if he's paying you by the hour to do it , get busy.

The questions you asked though, show you don't have an estimate how much time is involved to build one that size .
Do you think your qualified enough to build it as well as the "better" professional wEb-gEEks?

..L.T.A.

joey895

Supportive Member
Name
Joey J.
I don't build sites but I'm going to guess if you really want 50+ pages it would easily run north of $5000 to get anything decent.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

G

greentech

What does a website cost?

For me that is only the beginning of the question. The website itself is not really the main cost.

Once you have the site up you now have to try and create traffic. I guess if you have deep pockets and can open an adwords account that would be the end of it.

I did my own site so my site was "free".

But I am burning a huge amount of time trying to create traffic to it. Facebook, twitter, blogs. Add-ons, scripts, Webmaster tools on google and bing.

I am on a shoestring budget so I have to do all this myself. So in cost of time (money) it is huge.

B&BGaryC

Name
B&BGaryC
The idea behind the content is that it will hit on all sorts of relevant search terms. I don't expect most people to look at more than a page or two, I just want it to hit for all the possible search terms and to be able to tell people that it's an information resource instead of an infomercial. Let the die-hard customers who want to know more learn it all on our site and be informed. But mostly so that there is a lot of content for the search engines.

If a website of this size is expensive to buy, whether or not it's guaranteed effective by this bulletin board's experts is of no concern to me. If I can build it cheaper than he can buy it and he wants it I would like to provide it to him. I have learned a lot by building my DJ website and did a lot of reading about search engine optimization and was able to place myself on the first page of google within 6 months of starting my website. I feel I can do it now whereas in the past I was unable to. I don't want to argue with the man, I just want to do it. I can certainly build this website before my hourly wage pulls us over a few grand, especially because I am doing it in idle time that I have during our slow season. If this sort of thing could be had for $500 or $1000 it would be duty to inform him it would be cheaper to hire a professional at $50-$100 per hour, but usually they require you to come up with the content anyway.

Thanks for your help and for the few who made a wild guess for me.

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
I know it's another forum. But , world of clean can hook you up starting @ $99. and he is familiar with cleaning sites.

Call them up and save us from your imponderables.

I pay 14 bucks a month for top placement in an area with more cleaners than yours.

Some pay thousands and are never seen.

The amount spent is not always relavent as to performance. (like most advertising)

Fred C may take you on, although he seems very selective as to his clients.

B&BGaryC

Name
B&BGaryC
Fred doesn't like me. That's okay though. I'll find a happy medium and get it done.

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
Gary,
If you want to get it done, have it look good, have good SEO and own all of it yourself, you are talking about $5,000 or so. Of course you can get it done cheaper, but it will likely be less functional than you want or somewhere down the road your cheapness will catch up.

Just have it built on Wordpress so you're not held hostage by a site builder's proprietary code.

And of course you can build it yourself and save money, just like you can build your own house or car. If you have the time and interest. Otherwise go make money doing what you know.

idreadnought

Supportive Member
Name
Richard
A poor website with very well done behind the scene link building and seo will pull more hits and rank higher than a 50 page website.

Building it is one thing, maintaining the link building is another. I do believe your over your head for what you want to accomplish.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom