What Else?

Willy P

Name
Willy P
I won a Gekko at a supplier's open house - what else do I need? I have a 175 for scrubbing, but I know there's more equipment needed.

Mikey P

Administrator
A 175 is good for buffing and sealer removal but not for scrubbing. Flat brushes or pads cant get into the grout real well.
A CRB works much better and doesn't sling juice all over. OP's with the right brush work good I hear.

Get a few Blue Grout brushes. Just can't beat them for nasty grout.

John Watson

I have 3 heads for my gecko, I use the squeegy head 95% of the time.
We just allow lots of dwell for cleaning solution,(OxyBlaster) We tend to give grout lines a gental scrub with either the blue or white beveled brushes before rinsing with squeegy head.

hogjowl

Idiot™
You certainly CAN scrub tile and grout with a rotary. Sometimes these boards cause new people to do some unnecessary things ... and it's a damn shame.

Get you two good brushes. I forget the gauges, but if you contact any decent supplier they can tell you what the are. Ones for really light scrubbing of carpets and it works on tile too, and the other is for commercial carpets and it works on tile as well.

Mikey is of the BB order that thrives on making things unneccesarily complicated.

You'll need a stand up grout brush for the edges. I haven't bought one yet, so I'm on my knees using a hand held one, and I can tell you that's a pita.

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington
Larry B said:
So the Gekko and attachments are good to have?

Whats the best spinner?

You will likely get multiple answers to this question. The Turbo Hybrid appears to have the most support from the Mikey's Board crew. Mytees spinner comes in at a few dollars less and certainly has its supporters as well.

We make the SX-12 (and the Gekko). Each machine has some advantages / disadvantages. We could debate those forever. One advantage of the SX-12 is that you could buy it without ordering it from John Olson. :) I am sure Shawn Forsythe would accept your order.

Scott Warrington

Mikey P

Administrator
If you want to spend your days on your hands and knees like old lady Marty wiping off base boards then by all means use a 175 to scrub your grout.

Gary T

The BEST tool for scrubbing grout is still the stand up grout brush. 175s will work on some grout, but tend to miss low spots and can be messy. You don't have to put a lot into the brush, light agitation works well most of the time. I can clean grout just as fast as a 175 with the brush. Plus it's much easier to lug around and cheaper too.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom