What ever happened to MARK STANLEY?

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
Mr. Bonnet cleaner.

Do you know what was in Mark's Mix bonnet formula?

Jeff Brown

Name
Jeff Brown
It's been about a year since I last talked to Mark, can't remember what his mix was, I've been meaning to give him a call. I'll ask him what the mix was if your interested in knowing.

I like the colloidal cleaner sometimes boosted with a STPP product or JonDon Planet Guard, did a side by side on a nasty nylon with Snake Oil at 4 oz per gal, the boosted colloidal cleaner cleaned just as well.

Greenie

Did it stay clean as long, were the suspended soils crystalized, kind of an apples an oranges example.

RickL

When Jon Don first came out with there DS Encap I tried it and while it cleaned well the smell was terrible. I had a full day of commercial cleaning and used the whole gallon that day.
By the end of the day everything smelled like it the truck,me my helper. Maybe it was because I had a busy day but I said never again.
Snake Oil is the only Encap I've used that not only cleaned well, but the customers love the smell and have made several comments. My first job witrh Snake Oil was about 10k sq ft with hallway and rooms all off the lobby, people were in and out of the lobby all during my cleaning and I got around 12 comments on how nice it looked and SMELLED which had never happened before.
The only negative comments I've gotten about Realisit is they wish it had more of a clean smell (deodorizing) smell to it.

Jeff Madsen

Supportive Member
Name
Jeff Madsen
I've also been wondering how Mark was doing. I don't think I've ever seen someone disappear so completely so quickly.

I think his homebrew had Argosheen in it. I just remember it being ridiculous - lots and lots and lots of chemical. At the time he posted about his special mix, he was back to cleaning with his Matador. John had given him an Old Blue OP to work with, but Mark couldn't or wouldn't pay for it - so, he was trying to get OP results with a rotary and was using a ton of chemical to try and get there. This was before he hooked up with the Challenger. I think Mark was a good guy at heart, but he just never seemed to know if he was coming or going, whether with a particular methodology or his business focus.

Jeff Brown

Name
Jeff Brown
Greenie said:
Did it stay clean as long, were the suspended soils crystalized, kind of an apples an oranges example.

I was comparing the cleaning ability of the two. Maybe the Snake Oil will stay cleaner longer, I do know the colloidal cleaner does not leave a soil attracting residue and have had many customers and have seen for my self that carpets cleaned with the colloidal cleaner are staying cleaner longer than other non encap cleaners.

As everyone knowes there are advantages to a polymer base cleaner and the Snake Oil is a good encap cleaner but it doesn't clean better or deodorize better and is not as safe as the colloidal cleaner with a STPP boost.

Jeff Madsen said:
I've also been wondering how Mark was doing. I don't think I've ever seen someone disappear so completely so quickly.

I think his homebrew had Argosheen in it. I just remember it being ridiculous - lots and lots and lots of chemical. At the time he posted about his special mix, he was back to cleaning with his Matador. John had given him an Old Blue OP to work with, but Mark couldn't or wouldn't pay for it - so, he was trying to get OP results with a rotary and was using a ton of chemical to try and get there. This was before he hooked up with the Challenger. I think Mark was a good guy at heart, but he just never seemed to know if he was coming or going, whether with a particular methodology or his business focus.

I'm pretty sure Mark's Mix did not contain Argosheen, he did like the Clean Craft line of chem's which may have been part of his mix.

I believe there was some kind of a dispute with the old blue machine which Mark sold and paid for.
Mark went back to the Matadore because he felt he was able to clean faster and get as good results than the old blue op which had the 1/3hp motor at the time.

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
He was the inspiration in me getting a 300rpm buffer.

:roll:

3stageVAC

Hey guys!

Yes, I'm still alive and well and still cleaning carpets for a living (going on 17 years - I'm a newbie!)

Mark

Jeff Madsen

Supportive Member
Name
Jeff Madsen
I'm pretty sure Mark's Mix did not contain Argosheen, he did like the Clean Craft line of chem's which may have been part of his mix.

I believe there was some kind of a dispute with the old blue machine which Mark sold and paid for.
Mark went back to the Matadore because he felt he was able to clean faster and get as good results than the old blue op which had the 1/3hp motor at the time.

I stand corrected. Mark will probably sleep better tonight knowing he was and is an inspiration to Jimmy! I live for those words, but alas.....nothing. :(

Derek

Supportive Member
Name
Derek
awesome to hear from you Mark!

so do you do any VLM anymore? what HWE equipment are you using?

take care man --- Derek.

Rambo

Good to hear from you Mark, bring us up to date on what your using and did you make anymore kids?

3stageVAC

Thanks Guys! Its good to hear from all of you.

Somebody tell Jimmy "the rebel" Ladwig NOT to use a 300 RPM buffer to clean carpet with. You will eventually hit a snag and put a permanent abrasion in the customer's carpet. Or maybe it won't happen to you, but it is a real possibility. I stopped using that machine (OP cleans better).

As for Mark's Mix, that was a l-o-n-g time ago (even before Pig Farmer had his sex-change operation!) I was just having fun (at my own risk) mixing some CleanCraft detergents together to see how well they would work as an OP cleaner. Mixing chems together was an idea I got from the late Ellard Gann (God rest his soul). He told me that he OP cleaned with Ramsey's "Ballistic" pre-spray mixed with ChemSpec's "Roto-brite". His before and after pics were very impressive. Allot of what we talked about was "conceptual" and in hind-sight, I should have kept it private and not mentioned this on the various forums. My mistake.

Ever since I sold Lonnie McDonald my VLM Central E-zine (6 or 7 years ago?), I decided to just focus primarily on HWE as my main system for cleaning carpets and upholstery. For a couple of years, I had a nice new GMC van and 24 HP Truckmount that I grew to really dislike. I have nothing against Truckmounts, there are some really awesome units out there. My TM had "issues", though. Now, I have a Chevy Astro van and use what I call a "hybrid" electric system. The system requires 2 separate outlets (no heater) or 3 separate outlets (with heater).

I purchased a 55 gallon poly barrel on ebay and mounted that in the Astro van (this is my main solution tank). Then I mounted a 150 PSI Flowjet pump on top of the tank. I can run 100' to 150' of solution line from the van if need be. I've also been using an old Mytee in-line heater, but plan on mounting a Little Giant propane heater in the van by Summer 2010.

For a vacuum source, I've been using an old Mytee portable that I upgraded to (2) 3-stage Lamb vac motors. Each motor is connected to its own air inlet inside the waste tank so the water recovery is really good at 75' through a 1.5" vac hose. I always leave the Mytee outside by the front door and can usually reach all carpeted areas in most homes. Hose management is kind of a bitch so I'm looking to buy a Hide-A-Hose soon. I know some guys don't care for them but I've used them before and they seem to work well for me.

I'm also thinking about building my own auto-pump-out system so I don't have to stop and dump waste water every 10 gallons. I believe using an APO would cut an hour or so off my labor (per job - maybe more?).

For cleaning agents: I use Bi-O-Kleen's "Fiber Glow" as a pre-spray and rinse with just hot water. This works great for all carpet and most upholstery (especially micro-fiber sofas, etc.) For the Chinese restaurants, I might add a little FG to my solution tank as well. I'd like to sample all the new encap pre-sprays I've been hearing about to see how they compare to FG cleaning-wise and health-wise. Maybe I'll switch to using one of them.

Ever since my two kids have gotten older I have been focused on Family stuff so I have drifted away from posting on the Boards like I used to. I'll try to post more often. It funny, I no longer have these huge aspirations of building a multi-truck empire! :lol: I can see myself doing this for another decade or so. The money's decent and I like being my own boss. The time to save/invest for retirement is NOW (and yesterday!). I'm going to stick with this type of HWE system because it does a great job, has a low operating cost, and requires little (if any) real maintenance.

Sorry for running on at the mouth - its been a while.

Mark

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
Mark I only use the 300 rpm on commercial carpet.

While you were gone I adopted Jeff Madsen as my poster boy.

:lol:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom