What Ever You Do !

GCCLee

Supportive Member
Name
C. Lee
Do Not Let the dog in after it has tangled with a Skunk!

Oh My Gawd : (

And no i didnt clean the dogs w my TM either.

Dang fellas sheeeew

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
thats funny.....theres out by my garage somewhure...
i smell him every time i go out there....:winky:

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I'd shoot them and it would stink for days in the barn. Man they have sharp teeth, I'd let them sit over night just in case. Pick them up with a pitch fork the next day after they were stiff. Buzzards would eat them, buzzards will eat anything!

GCCLee

Supportive Member
Name
C. Lee
Umm Doc,
Pretty sure my Brotha and his wife dont want me shootin or pitch forkin their dawgs, crazy azz mehican : )

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
I had a pet skunk for awhile (not "descented"). It was a baby I found in the woods and brought home. My parents let me take care of it until it was old enough to take care of itself.

i tried to convince my father that it would be tame after a while and we could safely keep it.

I'm thankful he didn't agree.

Skunk odor is nasty, but not complex chemically. It won't be hard to remove

Last edited:

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
They look like they could be vicious with those teeth. Are they meat eaters? In the fall they sometimes eat the cats cereal. I get 20-1 opossums to skunks.

Joel D

Name
Joel Darker
Thats funny ive noticed skunks and cats seem to get along too i dont really know why.

Experts say theyre in the weasel family but now some are saying they dont know what family they belong in.

Becker

Name
Becker
No one watches Loony Tunes?

A skunk is just a cat with a stripe.

Never had the dogs mess with them, only the porcupines.

I've come across a few of them hunting, but most often see them living with the raccoon in the city, sorting though garbage.

Brian H

Name
Brian H
Our boxer got hit by a skunk about a month after we moved into our new house. This dog is afraid of everything, yet him had no problem going up to check out the "stranger" in the yard. Of course he walked right up to it and tried to sniff his butt!! My wife saw the whole thing and tried to call him back...Got him right between the eyes.

4:30 in the morning and that stupid dog comes flying into the house, gets by my wife and I swoop him up and put him straight into the shower. We didn't have any peroxide and baking soda in the house, so we had to settle for washing him down for an hour or so with dog shampoo.

His nickname was Stinky for the next few months, especially when he went swimming.

GCCLee

Supportive Member
Name
C. Lee
I had a pet skunk for awhile (not "descented"). It was a baby I found in the woods and brought home. My parents let me take care of it until it was old enough to take care of itself.

i tried to convince my father that it would be tame after a while and we could safely keep it.

I'm thankful he didn't agree.

Skunk odor is nasty, but not complex chemically. It won't be hard to remove

Some Upholstery Cleaning, Air Exchanged inside and a WHOLE lot of DD-12 Quat'd : )

Let it all settle, dry then vacuumed, that's what did the trick.

Skunks are an Ongoing problem in their area. Most of the farms are disappearing so they get A LOT of critter traffic. This one has been issued a HIT Permit and will be Executed in Style. Between the 3 of us kids and Poppy the land owner, We Always Punch Our Tickets : )

Here is Poppy and I after a Neighbor complained about Coyotes. We Bagged 12 in 2 weeks : )
Stinkin Things!!

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Our boxer got hit by a skunk about a month after we moved into our new house. This dog is afraid of everything, yet him had no problem going up to check out the "stranger" in the yard. Of course he walked right up to it and tried to sniff his butt!! My wife saw the whole thing and tried to call him back...Got him right between the eyes.

4:30 in the morning and that stupid dog comes flying into the house, gets by my wife and I swoop him up and put him straight into the shower. We didn't have any peroxide and baking soda in the house, so we had to settle for washing him down for an hour or so with dog shampoo.

His nickname was Stinky for the next few months, especially when he went swimming.
Our boxer hates water. Even when it rains he shakes his paws to wring them off.

He looks menacing but like your dog all looks and not a mean bone in his body.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Coyotes are a problem here too. Fortunately they have a large area to roam so it might be a month or more before we hear or see them.

opossum are the regular visitors, can't keep them away, can't kill them fast enough. They are everywhere and have little fear unless they know they are in danger. I live back quite away from the tree line, so we see very few raccoons. The few I've seen are ready for a fight and move much faster than the skunks or opossums.

GCCLee

Supportive Member
Name
C. Lee

Dawn and 20 VOL : )

GCCLee

Supportive Member
Name
C. Lee
Coyotes are a problem here too. Fortunately they have a large area to roam so it might be a month or more before we hear or see them.

opossum are the regular visitors, can't keep them away, can't kill them fast enough. They are everywhere and have little fear unless they know they are in danger. I live back quite away from the tree line, so we see very few raccoons. The few I've seen are ready for a fight and move much faster than the skunks or opossums.

I guarantee critter traffic patterns change within 3 days! last time we took a SD Prairie Dog Trip, we sent 8k rounds for 4 of us. Shipped A BUNCH of empty brass back home : )

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
We're the only country that has multiple dogs that live in the house!

Most countries keep them OUTSIDE!

Where they belong!

Brian H

Name
Brian H
Our boxer hates water. Even when it rains he shakes his paws to wring them off.

He looks menacing but like your dog all looks and not a mean bone in his body.

Our boxer, Max, loves to swim!! He will swim with us when we are out in the lake and just paddle around. Our Lab needs to be retrieving something to go out swimming.

The water is a little too hard for swimming right now though...

Reactions: GCCLee

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom