What gives with commercial carpet and vacuuming

I have a commercial job in just a bit that is plum full of dry soil. So I vacuum the heck out of it and pull almost nothing out. The first time I cleaned this place I just presprayed and rinsed like a mad man with my wand and the carpet looked great. The next day I got a call back and was shocked at how the carpet looked. So I re-cleaned it with the RX and black water came out of the carpet for 30 minutes and this one room was about 400 sf. The last few times I cleaned it I prescrubed, cleaned, and post padded and the results were fantastic. The only problem I have now is scrubbing with a green pad. I went through two pads last night on a relatively small amount of carpet. When the pads wear thin the circuit breakers tend to trip more easily. I love my brush but I think it is a little stiff for cgd. I guess I will have to get a softer brush. I am going to take a few pictures and post them latter so you can see what I am talking about. Any solutions on getting the dry soil cause my vacuum isn't getting the job done.

tmdry

Name
Bill Martins
Which vacuum do you have?

A pile lifter will lift up the fibers prior to vacuuming. If you can rent one from someone you could give that a try. It won't vac it will do exactly what it is, lift the pile, works great on soiled cgd.

Which machine are you using with your pads?

Some guys will prevac, prescrub, hwe w/ rx20, encap w/ cimex.

joe harper

Name
joe harper
Dan.

LOOSE the pads.......I ASSURE you that you brush is NOT too stiff if it is a C-grade carpet..

Just MAKE SURE there is plenty of lubrication "PRESPRAY" between the carpet & the brush..

Are you running a 175 ...???

If so, buy a shampoo tank......& skip the prespraying...Will save time & do a BETTER job..!!!

boazcan

Name
Bryan C
HARPER said:
Dan.

LOOSE the pads.......I ASSURE you that you brush is NOT too stiff if it is a C-grade carpet..

Just MAKE SURE there is plenty of lubrication "PRESPRAY" between the carpet & the brush..

Are you running a 175 ...???

If so, buy a shampoo tank......& skip the prespraying...Will save time & do a BETTER job..!!!

Harper meant to say, put some realisit in that there tank and encap it. :wink: If you can't get it out, at least make it look better.

joe harper

Name
joe harper
He is NOT a "Hack"..........like you... :shock:

Plus he doesn't.....Carry a "CIMEX" to a jobsite in a 90K AreoTech.... :roll:

Well here are some photos. I learned a few things about scrubbing with a green pad. I tripped a breaker and the pad was wet and the carpet also plenty wet. I had to flip the pad over to the used side. The unused side was too rough. I guess the pad needs to be smoothed out over concrete. Anyways I am going back to using my brush. When the sales manager comes in tommorow and his computer doesn't work he is going to be po.

Before
JimKerrasNissan001.jpg

A good precrub does wonders.
JimKerrasNissan005.jpg

Look at the difference
JimKerrasNissan006.jpg

Wow padding makes a huge difference. I used three pads for best results.
JimKerrasNissan007.jpg

All finished and no grooming cause the cleaning ladies were coming after me to empty trash cans etc.
JimKerrasNissan008.jpg

sweendogg

Name
David Sweeney
Ok couple of problems I see: Number 1: Use a pile lifter or CRB prior to vaccing to dig the crap out of the fibers and make sure you use a vac that will dig into the fibers as well. I noticed alot of commercial vacs are great for residential but can't even get the brushes down far enough to agitate the facefiber or a commercial Also if the carpet is that impacted you are doing yourself a great injustice for not using glides on that wand. Basically the carpet plus soil makes a very hard surface and the prescrub is like sanding off the top layer. You need mucho flow and a glide to allow airflow instead of locking that wand down on the fibers. You won't much up from that pile with a wand locked on the carpet. The brush would have been perfect for this job as well instead of the pads.

royalkid

Supportive Member
Name
Gulf Coast Carpet Care
This is were bonnet/OP is the best method. I've had commercial carpet that I've cleaned (pre-vac, pre-treat, scrub, RX-20, post pad...and doens't look good...but just padding comes out better. Of course there's no arguement which will get the carpets cleaner...but what makes the carpets "look" cleaner. That really sounds hackish...but I've spent waaaay too much time on small commercial jobs trying to extract...and when it's old, and hardly any pile left...pad/buffer is the way to go (IMO).

royalkid said:
This is were bonnet/OP is the best method. I've had commercial carpet that I've cleaned (pre-vac, pre-treat, scrub, RX-20, post pad...and doens't look good...but just padding comes out better. Of course there's no arguement which will get the carpets cleaner...but what makes the carpets "look" cleaner. That really sounds hackish...but I've spent waaaay too much time on small commercial jobs trying to extract...and when it's old, and hardly any pile left...pad/buffer is the way to go (IMO).

Are you serious? I used blazing hot water on this carpet and probably rinsed with close to 30 gallons on this one room and the water was jet black. Padding just picks up residual moisture. If this carpet was just pad cleaned only it would look like crap the next day. I tried just prespray and extract on this carpet before and it looked pretty rough the next day. I asked if they would pay more for a better job and that is the job they get. Squeky clean and dry in about an hour cause I left blowers on the main areas overnight. Yes they are paying great money but they can afford it when they are selling 90k dollar cars.

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
well 1st....them are some fugly pictures...hard to pick out whats what in the carpet

2nd where is your glide???

3rd hell yes encap that bitch and be called good.....sometimes you just cant fix it :cry:

floorguy said:
well 1st....them are some fugly pictures...hard to pick out whats what in the carpet

3rd hell yes encap that bitch and be called good.....sometimes you just cant fix it :cry:

A lot of carpets clean better without a glide if you need to scrub on it. This carpet would be good for a glide though. I have another 4 jet that I would like to put a glide on for cgd jobs like this one. By the way I am not weak and can push my wand without any problems. I just need the glide to prevent chattering which was not a problem on this job. But if you think having a glide is going to clean better than what I just did, you are brainwashed.

royalkid

Supportive Member
Name
Gulf Coast Carpet Care
Do what you want...I've cleaned car dealerships that were trashed. I tried going thru every step...rx'g for hours, post padding...and it came out the same the next time when i only padded it. Only i was home 2 hours earlier. 8) If you have the right chems...the pads will do just fine.

steve frasier

Supportive Member
Name
steve frasier
If you don't believe then get a shampoo brush with a microfiber pad in the center of the brush for the rotary and scrub the carpet with good encap then high flow rinse it

not really sure what grooming would do for you

hogjowl

Idiot™
I skip read my way past a few fools recommending padding, or bonneting as a way to clean that job. Ignore them.

The ONLY thing I can see that you need to change is to put a hole glide on that wand of yours.

joe harper

Name
joe harper
Dan the job looks fine....

I am with Marty....on the EnCRAPing ...

Sweeny is also correct...

The photos are from a cell phone & distort how clean the carpet really is..

AGAIN...Loose the pads...You can use your "juice of choice"...&..SHOWERFEED
it through your STIFF brush and get BETTER results and save TIME...

If the would clean MORE often you could restore the carpet's appearance...

I am "guessing" but it looks like the carpet is a 80/20 blend....

Base beige is a olephin & secondary colors are nylon...?
The olephin is senerly "crushed"....your stiff brush will dig-up the yarn...
I would use the 175 & brush....Then RX to flush.... :idea:

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
A whittaker GLS CRB machine to scrub in your prespray and then HWE will do wonders.

Cimex hacks with their ScAMpOO!

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
danielc said:
floorguy said:

A lot of carpets clean better without a glide if you need to scrub on it. This carpet would be good for a glide though. I have another 4 jet that I would like to put a glide on for cgd jobs like this one. By the way I am not weak and can push my wand without any problems. I just need the glide to prevent chattering which was not a problem on this job. But if you think having a glide is going to clean better than what I just did, you are brainwashed.

didnt say you were weak...ever heard the saying. "work smarter not harder" or you machine doesnt "pull" enough...once i pimed mine, you arent going to move that wand very easy on a cgd period..

encap after the fact

diamond brian

royalkid said:

I disagree with this loser on just about anything that concerns America. However, he does have a good point here (even a broken clock is right twice a day).

Try padding their carpet next time, Grasshopper.

diamond brian said:
royalkid said:

I disagree with this loser on just about anything that concerns America. However, he does have a good point here (even a broken clock is right twice a day).

Try padding their carpet next time, Grasshopper.

Hey my dog just took a big shit in the carpet. Should I pad clean that too?

Uh you might want to check the photos out there slim. I did pad the carpet after I steam cleaned it with 3 pads. If you mean to only buff the carpet without extracting it then heck no I would never do that especially on a carpet loaded with soil. By the way I went back today to pick up some blowers and the carpet was sparkling and it never looked that good. The manager was all smiles.

Jeremy

Name
Jeremy
I do a lot of commercial... The vacs are always clogged up. I usually empty them dust cup & clean the filters while I'm there. Makes life easier later.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom