what heat do you normaly clean with?

juniorc82

Supportive Member
Name
Jon Coret
Since I have been a high heat virgin up until now , I am trying to figure out what the best temp to clean with should be. My heater goes up to 250 but I know thats overkill. I was thinkin maybe around 200-210 . what do you guys recomend?

Mike Draper

get a temp gauge at your wand. i think 210 at the wand is perfect. imo. i only get this is the summer with mine though.

Goomer

Name
Frank Mendo
juniorc82 said:
Since I have been a high heat virgin up until now , I am trying to figure out what the best temp to clean with should be. My heater goes up to 250 but I know thats overkill. I was thinkin maybe around 200-210 . what do you guys recomend?

With these monster heaters, definitely get a temp gauge on the wand. I'm gonna set mine low at first, and do a couple of jobs and see how the dial translates into actual temperature at the wand, and creep my way up. I am also watching for temp spikes, since I am not too familiar with these units, and don't want to screw with 350,000 BTU, and get into trouble.
Don't just "Set it, and forget it". I'm gonna get a good feel for the characteristics of this thing before I even go near 200 degrees, I suggest you do the same.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
same a Chavez and for the same reasons
..day in and day out in the 220 range.

we run hotter (250+ ATM) occasionally
"maybe" 10% of the time

Once you get to 240-250, you're as far as need to go.
Cause there's little to NO difference in cleaning efficacy going from 250 to 280

..L.T.A.

Farenheit251

Jet size plays a big factor in high much heat is transferred to the fiber. 5 02s on my Greenhorn works well. With 5 03s I can easily remove candle wax.

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
I don't have a gauge.

I just get it to where it makes steam out of the jets.

Not bad for electric.

carpetcleaner

Name
Rob Litwin
I set the temp at the machine to 200 degrees most of the time. Seems to clean just fine and hose and QCs last a lot longer.

FLYERMAN

Supportive Member
Name
Ken Raddon
I set mine at 235° at the machine when cleaning and 125° when prespraying with inline sprayer. Any higher and all I get out of my wand is fumes. It's as if the water goes to vapor.

sarrik

Everything I've read says that temp is not nearly as important as it once was. Products today are designed to be effective at lower temps. I clean with water around 125-150 and get great results.

joey895

Supportive Member
Name
Joey J.
My pathetic tm only gets to about 180 (I can't figure out for the life of me what's wrong with it) and I can clean just fine albeit a little slower on the nasties.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
sarrik said:
Everything I've read says that temp is not nearly as important as it once was. Products today are designed to be effective at lower temps. I clean with water around 125-150 and get great results.

Eric, as a guy who's known mega screaming heat for well over a decade, I can say that heat can be "somewhat" over rated .

as i mentioned, there's not much, if any difference in efficacy at temps from 250 to 280
However, there is QUITE a bit of difference going from 150 to 220.

I do agree and "know" you can get great results at your temps.
But you have to use more chem, longer dwell and/or mechanical agitation to achieve same results.

In winter time and long hose runs are where the TM's with "over capacity" heat shine brightest

..L.T.A.

G

Gnu

its not the size that counts... Its how well you use it.

heat various with differant soils. Absolute steam is criticle for restaurants. and grease. typical dirt comes out with any suction a fluid.
I use cold for prespray while the machine heats up. I have to hurry tho that sucker gets hot within a few minutes. atm is usually 200 atw can be 185-195 If put in higher flow jets with the nastys.

Ryan

Dave Yoakum said:
I don't have a gauge.

I just get it to where it makes steam out of the jets.

Not bad for electric.

Electric as in electric heat? Or are you using a little giant?

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
NuTech Carpet Care said:
its not the size that counts... Its how well you use it.

heat various with differant soils. Absolute steam is criticle for restaurants. and grease. typical dirt comes out with any suction a fluid.
I use cold for prespray while the machine heats up. I have to hurry tho that sucker gets hot within a few minutes. atm is usually 200 atw can be 185-195 If put in higher flow jets with the nastys.

no its not.....you need the liquid to "flush" out that crap....HOT liquid...

warm-to hot-ish, is best for your prespray as well...

200 is not hot.....come back to me when you constantly are at 230 atw

ascrubabove

My first year I cleaned with hot tap water (lots of work and lots of learning), now with my TNT and its 3HT I got all the heat I can stand, don't have a gauge at the wand, but I can tell ya that you don't want to touch the valve or brass QD parts when changing tools, OUCH!!! Many burns and lessons learned shiteatinggrin

boazcan

Name
Bryan C
I had to turn it up on a bad one yesterday :shock:

09921cf2.jpg

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom