What is considered good money for a one-van operation???

hanks75

I'm a one van op with 2 technicians, but we're 16 months old as a company and I'm wondering how we're doin. What's great numbers for yall one van operations out there? Thanks for your input!!

Newman

Name
Chris Newman
I'll show you mine if you show me yours.

If you are making your bills, not building debt, and above water, you are ahead of most.

truckmount girl

1800greenglides
Name
Lisa Smith
If you are paying your helper, making all the bills, have enough to do everything you need to and a little of what you want to, then you're doing great. The figures don't matter.

Take care,
Lisa

hanks75

I can make as low as 350 all the way up to 1000 per day. It's a roller coaster ride for sure!!

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
hanks75 said:
I can make as low as 350 all the way up to 1000 per day. It's a roller coaster ride for sure!!

It's not what you make that counts.

It's what you keep that matters.

Think net after ALL expences.

Not gross.

T

TomKing

Hank
What is your monthly Quota?
Do you know what your daily breakeven point is?

Having a $1k day is great.

If you are meeting your goals then you are doing great.

Sounds like youre doing great!! SOme days I dont make squat!! SO,I just hit the gym and take my anger out on the bags or whoever Im wrestling with. (Jok'in...kind of).

davegillfishing

Supportive Member
Name
dave gill
hank i am over here in the st augustine area..i have been in business 5 years now..
feel free to give me a call and i will talk numbers with ya, you are far enough away..
904-483-7307 dave

lust1kiddo

Supportive Member
making it past the first year is key. I will be 1 year old next month. I learned a lot of what not to do and what works. I also took CCT/UFT/OCT classes. the knowledge and experience will help me print money in the future. I am a surviving and happy and not killing myself doing it.

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
my first year i kept 40k after everything was paid. i was very happy with it. it was much less then i was making previous but i was working for myself. 7 days a week answering 24hrs. i took anything and everything and cleaned lots of apartments.

gene

CarpetKING

hanks75 said:

Thats about right for a well run one van show - that stays away from apts and the like.

Able 1

Name
Keith
hanks75 said:

Thats about right for a well run one van show - that stays away from apts and the like.

I don't agree with that comment... I do 85% residential work, and I think there is a balance you have to find between residential, commercial, and apts.. I would like to pick up more commercial and apts at the right price.

Right now, if I were you take everything you can get then weed out the crap when you get busy enough to do so. JMO

Most likely you will form relationships(most important) with the people you do biz with and they won't think about calling anyone else even if you raise your prices.

CarpetKING

Able 1 said:
CarpetKING said:
hanks75 said:

I don't agree with that comment... I do 85% residential work, and I think there is a balance you have to find between residential, commercial, and apts.. I would like to pick up more commercial and apts at the right price.

Right now, if I were you take everything you can get then weed out the crap when you get busy enough to do so. JMO

Most likely you will form relationships(most important) with the people you do biz with and they won't think about calling anyone else even if you raise your prices.

Defintely need variety...In this economy we're not doing nearly as much residential as we used to do. We do a good amount of residential but its mainly rentals for a property management company. No apts though - about 400 cookie cutter houses. Not your typical property management account though as they dont mind paying for a good job. Nothing against APT cleaning but around here the guys do it for $45 a pop. No way l'm climbing three floors of stairs with 150 feet of hose for that. Have a buddy who does 90% apts and he does well because he has a ton of them but he doesnt make near per hour what he should. We are doing about 70% commercial right now if I include the rental houses as commercial work. Most of the commercial buildings we do though are vacant and we can do them daytime on weekdays. Busier than we've ever been - work 5-7 days per week but l've cherry picked for almost 10 years to get the good accounts we have. Like l said nothing against the apartments but l always resisted the quick growth route of stockpiling a bunch of apt complexes.

We make alot more per hour doing commercial vs. residential

G

Gnu

honestly the only way to print your own money is to buy a franchise. let them pay for all the ads and make a guaranteed $1500 a day or $400 ish on a slow day like when it snows.

I am truly sick of this complete slowdwn. too much time on my hands these past few weeks. Get caught up stash some away then nadda for a few weeks. getting old.

snivling is permitted from time to time. but I guess I better stop ******* off and hunt down commercial.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom