What is high flow?

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
I Would consider anything close to 12 flow at the wand with 500 or higher psi at the truck to be high/good flow for flushing.

You should be running high flow in conjunction to what your blower size is and can recover.

It is not so much what you put down as more importantly what you leave down.

Reactions: J Scott W

GCCLee

Supportive Member
Name
C. Lee
I thought HF started at 10, and depended on your psi.

As far as blowers...... Pretty sure I could choke a 36 : ) so Id say 45 or bigger on the suk side : )

Last edited:

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar
I Would consider anything close to 12 flow at the wand with 500 or higher psi at the truck to be high/good flow for flushing.

You should be running high flow in conjunction to what your blower size is and can recover.

It is not so much what you put down as more importantly what you leave down.

I've never attempted anywhere near 12 flow with my Cleanco 47 (14" of lift on the blower). Any idea if I'm capable, and practically so?

I run 2" hose from the van to my wand and use the old style Devastator. I use a 4 jet WestPak wand that is 14" wide. The wand is running at 6 flow now and I seem to be getting along fine this way but maybe I'm missing something?

I really try to manage dry times when cleaning residential. I'm afraid I'd be soaking the carpet down and not retrieving enough water.

The Clean Machine

jcooper

Name
Jerry Cooper
I run 2" hose from the van to my wand and use the old style Devastator
link1.gif
. I use a 4 jet WestPak wand that is 14" wide. The wand is running at 6 flow now and I seem to be getting along fine this way but maybe I'm missing something?

I really try to manage dry times when cleaning residential. I'm afraid I'd be soaking the carpet down and not retrieving enough water.

I run a 4 jet, 14" head 2" tube w/glide and 14/15 lift. Eight flow works great for me. Dry times no issue. If your soaking the carpet, just turn down the pressure(300-400).

Reactions: Russ T.

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
High flow is a moving target. Currently, somewhere below what Ron L. is using these days (36?), but then he may up the ante any day now.

GCCLee

Supportive Member
Name
C. Lee
Tried to post a pic of the flow rate chart but it suked!

Who originally posted It?

It was posted here once before. Dang I vote for a Technical section!!!

FRED help please. Good info gets buried!

Last edited:

dgardner

Name
Dan Gardner
Tom,

So - when you read the term "high flow", what pretty much everyone really means is "larger than normal jets".

"I'm running 6 flow" (he means he has four 1.5 jets, or two 03 jets on his wand - considered normal "flow")
"I'm running 24 flow" (he means he has four 06 jets, or two 12 jets on his wand - considered high "flow")

Actual flow (gpm) is determined by a number of factors - pressure at the machine (ATM), jetting (as above), hose size, hose length, number and type of fittings in the hose run, size of line from the wand valve to jet manifold, etc.

Mikey P

Administrator
If Ron comes to Vegas I wish he would bring his 24 flow wand for bucket testing.

I imagine it doesn't put out much if anymore than a 12 flow set up

dgardner

Name
Dan Gardner
24 flow would need one hell of a pump behind it to have any impact.

The main problem isn't the pump - it's the hose. Even if you have a pump hoss enough to handle that much flow and pressure, if you're running the typical 1/4" hose you're going to have less than 100 psi at the jet.

But that's a good thing - if you ran a big pump and 3/8" hose, and cranked up a reasonable pressure - say 600 psi - then you'd be dumping 8 or 9 gpm on the carpet - way too much to reasonably recover.

24 flow for carpet cleaning is really almost a lower pressure floodjet-type cleaning process, higher gpm, lower pressure.

Last edited:
Name
Tom Ingram
I have a 2 jet wand that came with my Warrior TM from TCS in ATL. My system has a 36 blow (288 cfm) and a General TX 1810 pump. Would I be able to go up to a 4 jet wand and still get the carpet dry in 6 hrs?

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
Look at your jets and see what you are flowing now.

Then just divide that total flow between the four jets and you should be good.

So if you have 2 8003 jets, you have 6 flow total.

So for a four jet wand you would use ( use recommended angle for the wand you are buying ) for example you would use 4 8015 and still be at. 6 flow total.

Last edited:
Name
Marcus
Pressure washers guys mainly look at GPm
Best way to observe this is to measure your fresh water tank use
If you use 60 gallons in 1 hour that is 1 GPm....my projection is most carpet cleaners use about .5 GPm in a house or 30 gallons an hour and .75 on commercial.
Continual flow rate will be higher because you trigger and dry stroke...maybe 1.5 to2 GPm
How many jet sizes can be used depends upon rpms , engine size and blower size..also heat and how much 2.5" hose you use...and don't forget the type of wand you use will effect extraction....I now use a zipper which has incredible dry times...at least half the time to dry as a wand.
I use 10 flow to 12 flow with kero heat and very rarely tigger with the zipper...4.5 blower with 33 or 30 hp engine
Cap

Name
Ron lippold
On my ti wand I run 24 flow with jets that are 6 years old , on the zipper with a bigger solution line im running 30 flow. I guarantee it will out clean any thing out there. I will bring it to vegas for a fee.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom