What is it?

Mikey P

Administrator
step-1.jpg

Chads

Supportive Member
Re: What is is it?

A piece of c- channel notched out of something. Probally came out of that stupid Vortex of yours.

John Watson

Re: What is is it?

The 2 cuts reveal what difference adjusting a hot wrench can do. boy I bet his tip got plugged. Sure he didn't try to cut it off with his rose bud and a can of compressed air????

Able 1

Name
Keith
Looks like he wasn't running hot enough on that weld... I would call that a booger weld.. Thick stuff is the easiest to weld there is no excuse for that!!!

vincent

Name
Vincent Sapp
Mikey P said:
No one guessed right.

We raised the back step 2 inches.

sushi016.jpg

Got to love those Farm Boy welds.

Do you lowered the step by 2 inches? I would think raising the step after its already a bitch to climb into anyways.

davegillfishing

Supportive Member
Name
dave gill
man what a shitty looking weld. can anyone in calif weld? you should have brought that piece of shit to a real welder and had it done with some respect.
take some pride in your equipment ass wipe.

vincent

Name
Vincent Sapp
Mikey P said:
Vince.

Think about it.

We removed 2 inches the welded it back together.

JHC, why? Is this part of your new daily workout, stepping up higher? Or was it to make the step stronger?

Walt

How often your rattle can the step? I'd do mine every few months.

I dreamed of a step with hinges and a heavy spring. Also small rollers on the underside of the step. So, when it came in contact with the road it would fold up about 2-3 inches and then pop down without scraping.

captaincarpet

Name
Thomas Cermak
You could also re-manufacture it to be adjustable therebye keeping it at the legal bumper height while driving, and raise it before going up difficult driveways.
This is what we are considereing doing to our truck because of this issue. Design and ease of use are the next considerations.
Since there are so many design & engineering experts here perhaps they could share some ideas to benefit us box truck users.

hogjowl

Idiot™
The dude that I bought mine from raised the rear bumper already. I have no idea how much, but if my bumper was about 2 inches lower, I wouldn't be able to get in and out of my own driveway.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom