What is Nanotex fabric protector? Does it work?

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
Anybody has experience with cleaning natural fabrics with Nanotex protection?
  1. Is that a chemical treatment or is it accomplished through a structural change?
  2. Does cleaning remove it or changes how well it works?
  3. Do various cleaning detergents or solvents affect it?
  4. Any other known issues?

These are the claims:
"This revolutionary Nanotex innovation fights tough stains, to provide lasting beauty and longevity
to the fabric. Each fiber has been fundamentally transformed through nanotechnology, and the
result is a fabric that:
  • Allows stains to wash out easily
  • Retains natural absorbency
  • Provides long-lasting protection
  • Looks better longer
  • Retains its natural softness
  • Allows fabric to breathe naturally"

http://www.nano-tex.com/technologies/releases_stains.html#

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
I have a client with, of course, a 'nonotexed' all organic Peruvian cotton, hemp, ramie blend fabric.
That has glue and other unknown sticky residue on the sofa's fabric and wants, what else would you expect, a chemical free cleaning.

Trying desperately to remove the H from the H2O, did not yet result in all it could be :winky:.

Any knowledge of what I asked about 'nanotex'?

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
Thanks Richard. Ouch! :winky:
Shall I address the client as Ms. or Mam?

Any specific knowledge as to said fabric treatment?

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Ofer;

Their standard product is a fluorochemical repellent . . .

Not the specific raw material I would use for optimum performance . . .

They do caution against solvent and detergent cleaning . . .

Reactions: ruff

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
Thank you Dan.
They don't even say if it is a coating or not. According to Larry it's another fluorochemical, though the name suggests Nano Technology which seem to me to be misleading.

One of those clients where the $ may not justify the hassle. Funny if it is a coating, as the client went out of their way to get an organic, "Chemical free" fabric, then coated it with another chemical.

Nonetheless, be interesting to know.

dgardner

Name
Dan Gardner
From the NanoTex FAQ's:

HOW IS THE Nanotex ENHANCEMENT APPLIED?
Nanotex enhancements can be pad applied in fabric form or can be dipped or spray applied in garment form. This process is followed by a normal curing procedure.
IS THE Nanotex ENHANCEMENT A COATING, TOPICAL OR SPRAY ON TREATMENT?
Nanotex products are enhanced through the use of nanotechnology – tiny molecules that permanently attach to fibers without clogging the fabric weave – to add superior performance characteristics without compromising the look, feel or comfort of the fabric.
WHAT IS NANOTECHNOLOGY?
Nanotechnology is the technical process of working on the nano-scale – each nano-scale molecule is one million times smaller than a grain of sand. Nanotechnology refers to not only the small size of the materials being used, but also how those materials are engineered to perform specific functions.
Traditional coatings make garments feel stiff and clog the weave of the fabric preventing breathability. Using nanotechnology, our treatments are small enough to attach to individual fibers, delivering superior performance characteristics without compromising the look, feel or comfort of the fabric.
WHAT MAKES Nanotex PRODUCTS DIFFERENT FROM OTHER FABRIC ENHANCEMENTS?
Nanotex products are enhanced through the use of nanotechnology – tiny molecules that permanently attach to fibers without clogging the fabric weave – to add superior performance characteristics without compromising the look, feel or comfort of the fabric.

Reactions: ruff

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
Thank you again Dan.

Bloody Mondays have never been a good research (or for that matter- patience) days for me.
Thanks for the leg work.

Are you, by any chance, looking for eco-friendly-ish, organic raw peruvian cotton fabric owning clients in San Fran?

Reactions: dgardner

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom