what is that ?

wilpath

hey guys and gals, great time to update and replenish this time of the year, I was wondering what is that "strap" on the vacuum hose, I guess its some sort of vacuum strain relief, if you know what it is called and where to purchase will be greatly appreciated,

I have also seen it on the TI WAND as well. much thanks

Shane T

Name
Shane Tiegs
Looks to me like vacuum hose bend restrictor. He probably uses it on the wand tube as an insulator while cleaning stairways. The tube can get pretty hot and that's right where my off hand would be. Just my hunch.

dgardner

Name
Dan Gardner
This?

This.jpg

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
Neat. Thanks Fred.

Will that hold the solution hose which I currently tie to the vacuum hose, in place. (First 75 feet.)
if so:
  1. Would I need a 2" spiral wrap for the 2" hose? (To hold the solution hose in it's place.)
  2. Is the material smooth, or could it scratched wood floors if dragged across?

Mikey P

Administrator
I found that stuff in a Parker Hose store years ago. Greenie picked some up and sold it for a while. Lisa may still, who knows.

Bristor sells it too.

Great on the hose to keep it from pinching but too fat on a two inch wand too use it as an insulator.

Ofer.. yes two inch for 2".

No it wouldn't scratch the floor if you make a smooth cut and keep it burr free.

Last edited:
Reactions: SamIam and ruff

dgardner

Name
Dan Gardner
Would I need a 2" spiral wrap for the 2" hose? (To hold the solution hose in it's place.)
Ofer, the spiral wrap folks say it can expand up to twice the nominal ID, so the 2" will expand enough to include the solution hose, if that's what you intend.

Reactions: ruff

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
I'll give it a shot.
I always have my 75' lead vacuum hose, tied to the solution hose. I find it easier to handle that way. The ties always deteriorate and get torn fairly quickly.
I wonder if 6 or 7 wraps like that, will be able to hold the solution hose tight in it's place, yet allow it for some movement + last longer.

If they do, I wonder if I should go with a 2" or 1.5 for a better grip.

Any supplier here that sells it?

Ron K

Neat. Thanks Fred.

Will that hold the solution hose which I currently tie to the vacuum hose, in place. (First 75 feet.)
if so:
  1. Would I need a 2" spiral wrap for the 2" hose? (To hold the solution hose in it's place.)
  2. Is the material smooth, or could it scratched wood floors if dragged across?
Offer you"tie" it with Velcro?
I would think Velcro would still be easier to deal with.
On that note is anyone using that "hide-ahose" regularly. I would think it would make 2"ing with a rotary or zipper easier.

Goomer

Name
Frank Mendo
a734de40-6a77-4487-bc11-b22355bee793_400.jpg

I use these for just about all my hose/line/cord management, including securing solution/vac hose together when I need to.

A needlenose can be used to pull the knot out from inside the ball, and a new knot can be tied to make any custom size as needed.

I couldn't live without them.

Easy on, easy off.

Gotta have at least a couple dozen.

Reactions: Desk Jockey

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I'll give it a shot.
I always have my 75' lead vacuum hose, tied to the solution hose. I find it easier to handle that way. The ties always deteriorate and get torn fairly quickly.
I wonder if 6 or 7 wraps like that, will be able to hold the solution hose tight in it's place, yet allow it for some movement + last longer.

If they do, I wonder if I should go with a 2" or 1.5 for a better grip.

Any supplier here that sells it?
I bought these from John Olsen and love them. They work great and slide effortlessly.

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
I used Velcro, what Frank's is using, also just the stretch rubber rope (in other words without the orange plastic ball) I just bought it in bulk and they all work o.k., yet deteriorate fast.

They can all be replaced easily, just looking for something more durable and thought that the spiral wraps may do the job well. That is if they are hardy and have enough oomph to hold the solution hose in place and handle being dragged on sidewalk.

The hoses usually get dragged onto the electrical reel :icon_redface: (isn't that part of the fun?), so the Mytee wraps seem like they will deteriorate fast as well, though I never tried them.

Sam, trying not to buy from J.B. if I can help it.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
The hoses usually get dragged onto the electrical reel :icon_redface: (isn't that part of the fun?), so the Mytee wraps seem like they will deteriorate fast as well, though I never tried them.
Sir there is a solution for that. Yep, just UN-velcro the wrap. :oldrolleyes: Marty are you on Ofer's PC again? :winky:

Try them Ofer they are really inexpensive and work well in the home. Yes, they would be damaged by concrete and asphalt but are worth the extra few seconds it takes to hassle with them in the home. Keeps all hose neat and orderly. :icon_cool:

If you run an RE, they are almost a must have to wrap the power cord, vac & solution into one neat bundle. :cool:

(5) for $10.00 from Olsen.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Mytee-HEATGUARD-Vacuum-and-Solution-Hose-Wraps-/310785462847

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
Wow, that's a good price.

Buttttttt................forged abut it.
I ain't un-velcro-ing the damn wrap. That's un-American.
If I do, I'll never be accepted by Marty and his motley crew, as a true redneck. Or at least a Hebrew outlaw.

Let me tell you: When I press the button on the electric reel, you'd better step back and hold on to your breeches, cowboy!

Just trying to fit in, Doc.

Last edited:

Goomer

Name
Frank Mendo
Frank would those work cord extension cord management? I'm always on the lookout for something to keep cords together and organized.

I originally bought them for my extension cords and then wound up using them for everything I could.

Adjust the length of each one for each cord or tool so that only I quick wrap around is needed, and try to never separate it from that cord/tool. Most of mine have been shortened down to 3-5 inches.

Never had one break or pop off.

I tried with all my might today to break one with my hands and couldn't.

Grab a couple o'dozen next time in Homer Depot.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom