What is the best and quickest tool for siphoning gas?

LeeCory

I know I could just use a tube and suck on it till my mouth is filled with gas, but I want something that will prime without the nasty aftertaste.

I would like something with good flow for quick transfer.

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
I somehow forgot HOW to suck thru a hose this spring while trying to get the gas out of my snow blower. After several attempts I gave up and just let the thing run itself out of gas for an hour.

I made sure I watched it out the window in case some illegal tried to steal it.

Rex Tyus

Insert the hose. Seal the port, blow real hard to create back pressure then drain into desired container. Much easier and faster than sucking gas into your mouth. Or you can get a cheap primer at Carquest.

TimP

LeeCory said:
I know I could just use a tube and suck on it till my mouth is filled with gas, but I want something that will prime without the nasty aftertaste.

I would like something with good flow for quick transfer.

What are you trying to do make up for gas prices by filling up at your local parking lot. :shock:

steve g

Name
steve garrett
I bet using the end of a vacuum hose hooked up to a truckmount would work a whole hell of a lot better than your mouth

LeeCory

I have heard people mention gas surcharges and I was just trying to think outside of the box. Why upset people with a surcharge.

John Watson

In the 60's a hose and 5 gal can were called an Oklahoma Credit Card.

I sure used mine alot back then. Most of the big trucks were gas not Diesel, almost had a route and a schedule for fueling.

About a year ago, I tried to siphon for some reason or another and did I get a mouthful. This here new stuff don't taste the same and seems to linger longer.

Bob Savage

Name
Bob Savage
How about a small electric fuel pump with a hose on each end.

Use a small 12VDC battery, and nothing need touch your mouth.

LeeCory

Once again Bob, that is a great idea! Put one end in the customers tank, the other in my van and flip the switch.

Maybe these could be made up and have Mikeys logo put on them.

No more worries about the rising fuel costs.

And for the grumpy people, yes I am kidding... :wink:

G

My brother used to have a pump that plugged into a cars cigarette lighter. Meth will make you do all sorts of strange things.

LeeCory

You know what Bob, Come to think of it, I still have that fuel pump in the extra van on the wheel where you put it. I also just got 3 12volt batteries in the mail the other day for my battery powered sprayers as replacements. I only have 2 sprayers, which means I have an extra battery and a fuel pump...... LOLOLOL Bob, will I have any potential problems with any sparks from the battery? Or what if I answer my cell phone while filling my tank?

I got the replacement 12 v batteries for the sprayers online for 21 bucks each!

The internet is a wonderful thing

B&BGaryC

Name
B&BGaryC
My landlord lets me use his shop when I need it, so I have access. He said he likes me better than his last tennant, because every time he tired to fill up the yard equipment all of his gas jugs were empty. He said that never happened with me. My eyebrows perked up... "I never thought of that... You mark the ones with motor oil in 'em right?"

Kevin B

Name
Kevin Bunce
Bob Savage said:
How about a small electric fuel pump with a hose on each end.

Use a small 12VDC battery, and nothing need touch your mouth.

Batteries and gasoline do not mix! You can get a simple priming bubble hose at a local auto parts store or RV shop

Bob Savage

Name
Bob Savage
Kevin,

Every newer vehicle on the road has an electric fuel pump that uses a battery. ....LOL

Lee,

There ya go... You already got the fuel pump installed...

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom