what is the best carpet cleaning solution?

I have been just going to my supply store and spending way to much money on chemicals. I get one for sanitizing, one as a degresser, one as a traffic lane cleaner, and so on and make a cocktail out of it, what is you opionion of a good cleaning solution at a reasonable price?

Walt

There are many to choose from. If you are looking for good products they aren't going to be cheap. But for the money, I'd give Judson products a look. Their standard carpet cleaning solution cleans and deoderizes well. Of course they sell products to make a cocktail but the price is reasonable - and perhaps more importantly, completly compatable.

Greenie

And you are in FL, I'm sure Dick Jones of Judson in Sarasota Keeps some O2 on the shelf, ask for a Trial Pack, and report back if it doesn't replace 10 bottles of "stuff' on your truck currently, ask for all the off label uses, like as a gum remover, spotter etc...

One jug, many uses.
Judson Labs
Les Judson Jones (the formulator)
864-233-6442

Look for the Banner above in flashing rotation.

TimP

Greenie said:
And you are in FL, I'm sure Dick Jones of Judson in Sarasota Keeps some O2 on the shelf, ask for a Trial Pack, and report back if it doesn't replace 10 bottles of "stuff' on your truck currently, ask for all the off label uses, like as a gum remover, spotter etc...

One jug, many uses.
Judson Labs
Les Judson Jones (the formulator)
864-233-6442

Look for the Banner above in flashing rotation.

I think Les has told me they don't have stock down there anymore and may be closing that shop for reorganization to do something else. He has the details of course. All I know is that there isn't any stock down that way.

susansmith

For me, the very best is Argosheen in Spartanburg, SC. I have used it for years, and keep going back because it does the job.

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
I've been using the O2 for over a year now. I ship it up to Canada, have to pay twice what you lads buy it for. Its still worth every penny. Biggest challenge is not over using it.

I went from a butyl product, Zep Prep, to Powdered Power, to O2. They all work, but they keep getting better.

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
I used Judson o2 hot sauce boost rinsed with o2 rinse, Prochem ultrapak rinsed with prochem all fiber, cobbs powermaxx prochem all fiber and o2 rinse and now Masterblend Ultra TLC rinsed with either slurry or prochem all fiber and that combo is by far th easiest on the nose, best results, zero complaints.

I think after testing all available I have the best combo(I have tried many others and continuing to try to be the best for my customers I am going to try a case of kleenshield)

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
get a hold of Cobb and get a pail of Powermaxx..$99.00
Been using it for quite awhile and have been happy with its performance....

TimP

My cleaning chems of choice right now. I change all the time on what I like but so far the O2 has been my favorite near a year.

#1 judson O2 my favorite for regular residential
#2 Pros Choice extreme clean for dirty/nasty carpet great dilution ratio for price and works like a champ
#3 Cobbs Powermax, I'm working on 2 buckets I have from last year then I plan to go with extreme clean. I like the smell and I think it's slightly stronger than powrmax and at 2 oz per gallon I find it very economical.

#4 if I were to clean a restaraunt I'd use Power Burst by Prochem

My rinse of choice right now is Masterblend Soap Free. I'm using up my point blue then I have 2 buckets of soap free.

Farenheit251

Mixing cocktails is not such a good idea. Adding citrus booster or oxygen booster can be good but don't add a sanitizer unless they are made to work together. Most disinfectants are cationic and not compatable with your prespray.

Larry Cap had it right when he said if you need to boost your prespray probably aint worth sheet to begin with. The best booster is often just mixing stronger.

ACE

Name
Mike Hughes
The o2 system is good but, I didn’t think it was the silver bullet this board made it out to be. I don’t think it out performs other quality pre-sprays. I think guys here just like the citrus smell and watching it fizz. I don’t think there is any pre-spray that works well for all applications. I carry 3 carpet pre-sprays on the truck.

Procyon: My first choice if it will do the job. Very safe, NO VOC!, safe for stain resistant carpet.

Bio-break: Enzyme Pre-spray that works great for removing body oils from pets.

Power –burst: High PH Enzyme pre-spray for nastys of all kinds. High voc, not safe for SRC

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
accarpetcleaning said:
I have been just going to my supply store and spending way to much money on chemicals. I get one for sanitizing, one as a degresser, one as a traffic lane cleaner, and so on and make a cocktail out of it, what is you opionion of a good cleaning solution at a reasonable price?

Travis, what brands does your local disty stock?

as was mentioned, there is no ONE silver bullet for every situation

what you need are;

a couple good traffic Ln pre-sprays.
One heavy hitter, nuke 'em til it melts , sledgehammer that covers a broad range of soils
and one that isn't so harsh for use on stain resist and light to moderate soil conditions.

a good quality emulsifier to run thru the TM.
You don't need a lot in the mix tank.
1/2 of recommended rate is plenty, cause the pre-spray does the heavy lifting.
The emulsifier rinse is to condition the water so it's "wetter/slipperier" and rinses better

Boosters..about the only thing we ever boost our pre-sprays with is an oxidizer.
It's usefull in some situations .
But if you have to rely on it or d'limonene solvent boosts, you need a better pre-spray to start with

again, what does your local disty carry?

..L.T.A.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom