What is the best Red remover?

gimmeagig

Name
Roxy
I've been using the two component Pro's Choice red relief. Sometimes with some success but not always. Yesterday i had a stain that looked like the customer had already worked on and I could not get any significant improvement with Red Relief.
I don't really like the two component part so much anyway.Also i heard that the stuff has a limited shelf life.
So I did a little searching and among others I looked at Dyna Chem's red stain remover and Vacaway's Red Vanish.
But I'd like to know what you guys think. What really is the most effective Red Stain remover?

Name
Lee Stockwell
It very much depends on WHAT kind of red stain you have, and the fiber type that is stained.

Red stains can be ink, paint, nail polish, wood stain, or transfer stains from holiday tree felt. Each requires different techniques.

Most attention is given to red artificial food dyes and red organic food color. Each of these require different removal methods.

gimmeagig

Name
Roxy
That stain I was struggling with was kind of pinkish has sort of a guey texture, but the customer had no idea what it was and she was OK with the fact that there was nothing I could do to make it go away.
But for cool aid and stuff like that I'm still looking for the right ( or best) product.

S

sam miller

I like red 1 On all my section 8 rentals! Word seriously its a good 1 bottle solution cleaning a spot well to get the goey is important stain magic might work also, with the activating uv lamp! Or patch it if you know how.

Red 1 is good on red and orange

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Red one works really well for heat transers...sometimes it works well if you just spray it on a few minutes before you clean. Coolaids and such.

Stain One for the organic stuff. Wine and Urine... (hell of a cocktail right there)

I haven't tried red vanish yet from Vacaway but I will one day.

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
Rainbow Carpet And Upholstery Cleaning
My favorite for the last two years is the Vacaway Red Vanish. Along with a Black and Decker wall paper steamer from Ebay it is a simple and foolproof one step red remover. Just spray and place the steamer on and pull up in a minute or two and it's gone.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
I've heard that Vacaways Red Vanish is really good stuff.

Their Peroxcellent is awesome for the organic stuff. I just prespray with it and most of the coloring it gone before I get to it.

I'll have to get one of those wall papers steamers.

I used to have a catalyst from Chem-Dry...but like most Chem-Dry stuff...it sucked horribly

gimmeagig

Name
Roxy
I was looking at wallpaper steamers. The Wagner seems to have a lot of stuff that goes with it, the black and decker steamworks seems much simpler. Surprisingly there was only one on e-bay, it was used and it's still 80.- including shipping. Is that one the best steamer for our purposes?

lonewolf

Ammonia and Peroxide, work with it till u get it right.
Thats what they all have in them.
Make your own for a fraction of the cost.

Name
Lee Stockwell
lonewolf said:

That is only ONE of several "red" removers you should have in your bag- the oxidizer.

You will also need the reducer, a couple of solvents, and the toys to make them pop!

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
Lee Stockwell said:
It very much depends on WHAT kind of red stain you have, and the fiber type that is stained.

Red stains can be ink, paint, nail polish, wood stain, or transfer stains from holiday tree felt. Each requires different techniques.

Most attention is given to red artificial food dyes and red organic food color. Each of these require different removal methods.

This is why I have decided to bypass screwing with STAINS....

Like the house i did the other day......If your custy dont know what it is.....then how do you attack it????

Name
Nate W.
floorguy said:
Lee Stockwell said:

Like the house i did the other day......If your custy dont know what it is.....then how do you attack it????

That's why Drape's is gettin soo much work.... :twisted: I'd at least taste test it... :shock:

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
Nate The Great said:
floorguy said:
[quote="Lee Stockwell":36i6ey2l]It very much depends on WHAT kind of red stain you have, and the fiber type that is stained.

That's why Drape's is gettin soo much work.... :twisted: I'd at least taste test it... :shock:[/quote:36i6ey2l]

Drapes s getting the work because the other guys ARE tasting it :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
davegill said:
cobbs dye stain remover..no mixing. works awesome

Thanks, Dave.

We think our Dynachem Red Stain Remover will outperform the other products on the market.

Of all the ones we tested, only red Vanish came close.

Peroxide and ammonia is a POOR performer.

Larry

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
Rainbow Carpet And Upholstery Cleaning
gimmeagig said:
I'm really interested in getting that Jiffy steamer
here's a e-bay listing:
http://cgi.ebay.com/Jiffy-J0601-Black-E ... 4aaacf430c
Is this the one I should get?
Would this steamer be as effective as a Wagner or a Black and Decker wallpaper steamer?

That one looks nice and as John Buxton, you could steam your clothes if you have to go to a wedding or a funeral. The B & D Steamworks is something you don't have to sit there and hold for the 1 or 2 minutes while the red product works. They range all over the map in price as they're no longer made and thus sold used. I've paid $40 for one and $50 for another.

Name
Nate W.
Art Kelley said:
gimmeagig said:
I'm really interested in getting that Jiffy steamer
here's a e-bay listing:
http://cgi.ebay.com/Jiffy-J0601-Black-E ... 4aaacf430c
Is this the one I should get?
Would this steamer be as effective as a Wagner or a Black and Decker wallpaper steamer?

That one looks nice and as John Buxton, you could steam your clothes if you have to go to a wedding or a funeral. The B & D Steamworks is something you don't have to sit there and hold for the 1 or 2 minutes while the red product works. They range all over the map in price as they're no longer made and thus sold used. I've paid $40 for one and $50 for another.

They are still being made by the carpet tool company Crain. The B&D steamer is cheaper to buy used. http://www.tools4flooring.com/crain-935 ... p-155.html

steve g

Name
steve garrett
lonewolf said:

actually that is stain magic or close to it. I THINK the 2 part red stain removers are a reducer and an acid to accelerate it. ammonia and peroxide and heat will take out stains but it will also take out the color of the carpet too. back in the day I used a product called cool out, which was a one part product but it also would bleach out the surrounding carpet very easily.

I really think most of the stain removers are the same thing if they are a 2 part mixture. I have been using red relief, which I think was the first if not one of the first 2 part mixture product and the rest are knock offs, never had it bleach out the surrounding carpet and it works pretty darn good too.

Name
Nate W.
Larry Cobb said:
davegill said:

Thanks, Dave.

We think our Dynachem Red Stain Remover will outperform the other products on the market.

Larry

Cobbs red stain remover is good stuff, too bad I get raped on shipping charges or I'd order my chems from them... When the shipping costs more than the product, is not good business sense on my part...

davegillfishing

Supportive Member
Name
dave gill
Nate The Great said:
[quote="Larry Cobb":afqfjrud]
davegill said:

Thanks, Dave.

Larry

Cobbs red stain remover is good stuff, too bad I get raped on shipping charges or I'd order my chems from them... When the shipping costs more than the product, is not good business sense on my part...[/quote:afqfjrud]

just order enough to get free freight..thats what i do so i dont care how
much freight is...best pre spray in the world makes it easy to get to
the 400$ for free freight..i think its 400$
matter of fact i need to cut them a check before i get in trouble..
sorry larry, check is on the way brother..

Name
Nate W.
davegill said:
Nate The Great said:
[quote="Larry Cobb":2hlgvmvc]
Thanks, Dave.

Larry

Cobbs red stain remover is good stuff, too bad I get raped on shipping charges or I'd order my chems from them... When the shipping costs more than the product, is not good business sense on my part...

just order enough to get free freight..thats what i do so i dont care how
much freight is...best pre spray in the world makes it easy to get to
the 400$ for free freight..i think its 400$
matter of fact i need to cut them a check before i get in trouble..
sorry larry, check is on the way brother..[/quote:2hlgvmvc]

I'd order $2,000 worth of products if he gave me free freight! I'm in Hawaii.

Jim Williams

Name
Jim Williams
My local distributor turned me on to Harvards stain blaster a few years ago. It's a one part stain remover and I have to say it's the best I've used. Of course being colorblind to red they all look like they are gone to me.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom