What is the best Vacuum ?

Josh Adler

Hey guys....I'm lookin to start pre-vac'n every job (yes i know, i know i already should be) but what is the best vacuum for the money and performance?

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
Certified pile lifter

Hoover Mach 6

Both on board

harryhides

Name
Tony
Last year at MF we tested 7 Vacs and there are certainly many more and the Sanitaire came out on top. At a Summerfest test, Oreck did very well.

Blue Monarch

Supportive Member
Name
Dirk Wingrove
One you'll actually continue to use. Make sure...

1. It's not too heavy
2. Can stand to be beaten up a bit.
3. Doesn't require more maintenance than you're willing to do.
4. Agitates well.

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
JA;

#1 - Certified Pile Brush - Stands the pile up for better extraction.

#2 - Sanitaire w/ Dirt Cup - Lightweight, but effective.

Larry Cobb

TimP

Yes we do vacuum Bob...that's why we charge more than 40 bucks a job too. I use the PV-12 but I'm thinking it's pretty costly in the bag department. It's a very good vacuum otherwise. Easy to take apart and no belts to worry about and has pretty good suction. I will probably buy a sanitaire next time based on the majority endorsement.

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
In my FORTY years of carpet cleaning...i've NEVER had ONE customer ask if i was gonna VACUUM first.....

DRScrivner

Bissell PowerTrak Bagless Revolution Upright Vacuum, 6591

$89.67 at Wally World.

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product. ... id=3926101

I have had one last for the last 18 months and it vacuums an average of 2,500 - 6,000 Sq Ft a day- everyday- 24/7/365. It has taken a few hard knocks too.

Best bang for the buck, yes there may be SLIGHTLY better vacuums for MUCH more money. If you want value AND performance don't look anywhere else run to Wal-Mart and buy one right now.

Buy at least two (three is better) extra sets of the foam filters so you change them on the fly and wash and dry them all later that night.

Only issue is that the pedal to lock the vacuum into the upright position can break if handled roughly. Replacement is cheap- like $4.50 at the local Sew-N-Vac shop- but a ROYAL BITCH to change.

The stair tool rotates by the air flow, but works very well.

Makes my $1600 water filtered Rainbow sit in my trailer- all alone. Oh wait I loaned the Rainbow to my ex-wife and kept the Bissell that's right, now I remember.

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
bob vawter said:
In my FORTY years of carpet cleaning...i've NEVER had ONE customer ask if i was gonna VACUUM first.....

I've never had them ask in 16yrs either. But they sure are WOW'd when I tell them that "I" am going to vacuum before the work. The common phrase I keep hearing 'It just makes sense!"

I like the Cleartrak, but since you can't buy it anymore, find a good upright with attached hose for edging and furniture. Make sure it has a clear canister, not one of these bag things where you can't tell if your vacuuming nothing or a ton of fine soil.
Find one where the filters aren't too expensive and where you can clean them several times before replacing them. Pick up a few extra beater brushes and belts for it. I need to change my brush about every 6mths or so and I change the belt while I'm at it.

KevinL

Supportive Member
Name
Kevin Leach
I did like the hoover wind tunnel until the last one I bought had a bad switch and then they sold out to a Chinese co. I hate bagless vacs because of the dirt blowing around while emptying. I bought a Kenmore Progressive for the house and like it quite a bit. It uses a bag but has lights to show your picking up dirt. No belts. Direct drive. Beater bar slows down for hard floors. Sucks great. Long hose. ON sale for $250.

DRScrivner

KevinL,

Consumer Reports just rated that Kenmore as a best buy in both bagged and bagless, although they rated the bagged version as cleaning slightly better.

Rob Rocha

Josh, Ive been using a Kirby for 10yrs+. They are in comparison heavy, but since they are self propelled once you get them to the carpet they move real smooth. The thing that makes them so good is they lay flat on the carpet so it brings the air from under the carpet pulling out more dirt.
I find them used and refurbished from vacuum stores for around 300 to $400, but they are well built and will last. The bags are around 1buck a piece for a good bag. Get at least a Generation 3 or newer thats when they bacame self propelled.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom