What is the best way to use the Vortex Truck for advertising

Name
I'm Rick James
Majority of the customers dont care what kind of equipment you use. When they ask me its just to make sure its not a portable. Your truck is a moving billboard, so coming up with a business name is important to put on the side. :lol:

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
I have the NON-walk up version...... apparently the only one that rolled out of the plant....

But....we get 2 to 3 jobs a week from people calling in and saying they seen the truck on the road....

Keep it neat...clean..eye catching....and don't clutter it up.....

IMG_4203.jpg

Brent said:
Majority of the customers don't care what kind of equipment you use. When they ask me its just to make sure its not a portable. Your truck is a moving billboard, so coming up with a business name is important to put on the side. :lol:

Brent

What is it? Customers don't care or the do care ?
I always tell the customers when they are getting other quotes to ask the questions. Are they using a portable, TM, DC. IF there is extra charges for gas, pretreatment, blah blah blah. If they offer a 100% satisfaction guarantee and the list goes on. I have had people just tell me to go ahead and do it. But that customer got a good deal and who knows he may get a great service out of it. There is a local cleaner here that is sooooo cheap, but he does a really good job. Hmmmm

I see from this post your telling another cleaner to ask about the equipment his competitor is using.

Seems to me you have a double standard.

Bob Foster

I think a good wrap that allows the customer to see the kind of work you do is good. This type of message is very hard to accomplish with out the wrap looking muddy or confusing.

This is the best example I have found of a good one.

Harper's stuff is good too.

IMG_2841-1.jpg

Name
I'm Rick James
Chris Muetterties said:
Brent said:
Majority of the customers don't care what kind of equipment you use. When they ask me its just to make sure its not a portable. Your truck is a moving billboard, so coming up with a business name is important to put on the side. :lol:

Brent

What is it? Customers don't care or the do care ?
I always tell the customers when they are getting other quotes to ask the questions. Are they using a portable, TM, DC. IF there is extra charges for gas, pretreatment, blah blah blah. If they offer a 100% satisfaction guarantee and the list goes on. I have had people just tell me to go ahead and do it. But that customer got a good deal and who knows he may get a great service out of it. There is a local cleaner here that is sooooo cheap, but he does a really good job. Hmmmm

I see from this post your telling another cleaner to ask about the equipment his competitor is using.

Seems to me you have a double standard.

Its not what type of equipment its what method. IMHOYAH using a TM on residential carpet is the best way to clean it, to flush it. Can we agree that a TM is the best way to clean residential carpet for us and them, is it the only way, NO. No where in my post did i say make sure they have a HM with a 4005 blower, 290 cat pump with a 3ht hearter. Oh sh!t I just re read it and I didnt mention to ask the customer what brand of TM.

There is alot of low priced companies and others in my area that dont use a TM. Now dont get me wrong you can clean carpets with a portable, Host, bonnet ect but lets be honest alot of these low priced companies should not be in business, let alone use a machine you have to have some skill at to use it properly. Just for the record I do know a couple of low priced companies that are straight shooters and do a good job.

The point of that was when someone is offering 17 dollars a room to clean carpet, are there any extra charges for what is considered a normal service offered by the masses. We have all seen some low priced companies charging extra for those services that should be included. Gas, chemicals, travel, air movers, ect. Can we agree on that?

You know chris you dont have to have a vortex to run a successful business. You are always defending your purchase. Why? Why is it so important to prove that a vortex is so important. Yes its a nice machine and many love having them, but who really cares what you are cleaning with, as long as you are doing it the right way/ethical way and the customer is happy.

Majority of your customers are women/housewifes. Their main concern who is coming in their house, if you are going to do a good job or rip them off. Are you going through their panty drawer. They dont care if you have a vortex. The guys may be interested. And some may appear interested when you tell them you specs on your TM, but do they really care. The only person who really cares about what equipment you have is YOU and you are always trying to justify owning one. Hmmm

This whole I own a vortex vs the world conflict is getting old.

Well said Jim and Bob.

Brent

I am simply stating that you yourself was telling another cleaner to teach his customer the differences in equipment as a point in price shopping.

Are you saying the a TM cleans better than a portable ?

As far as me defending my purchase ?

Not at all. What I am doing is pointing out to all that watch these threads that most who post about a V/AT have never owned one. When one has never owned the equipment in question wether its an OP, 175, CRB, Portable, Slide-in, CDS, PTO, or a V/AT type that everything that person is stating is theory.

Theory is just an opinion and we all know about opinions.

As for the totally BS statement about being successful.....

You know chris you don't have to have a vortex to run a successful business

Find 1 thread where I said that !!

Name
I'm Rick James
Chris Muetterties said:
Brent

I am simply stating that you yourself was telling another cleaner to teach his customer the differences in equipment as a point in price shopping.

Are you saying the a TM cleans better than a portable ?

As far as me defending my purchase ?

Not at all. What I am doing is pointing out to all that watch these threads that most who post about a V/AT have never owned one. When one has never owned the equipment in question wether its an OP, 175, CRB, Portable, Slide-in, CDS, PTO, or a V/AT type that everything that person is stating is theory.

Theory is just an opinion and we all know about opinions.

As for the totally BS statement about being successful.....

You know chris you don't have to have a vortex to run a successful business

Find 1 thread where I said that !!

Yes I would rather use a TM vs portable. IMO a portable is lesser out of the 2.

I never said that you said those words. That is the impression I get with some V owners.

Why am I fighting with people more?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom