What is the deal with Yelp?

Name
I'm Rick James
I have had Yelp delete 4 actual reviews by actual customers. I now have 2 on there, one is from a lady I did a couple weeks ago and now some competitor gave me a bad rating 2 days ago saying:

"I want to now,how you clean with truck-mount in downtown Seattle seventh floor!"

Since i didnt create the profile on yelp, but I did update it and thought I took control of it. Can random people just go on there and delete reviews?

Is there a number I can call to talk to the yelp people?

Name
I'm Rick James
Reviews may come or go for a few different reasons:
A user may have removed his or her review.

Yelp may have removed the review for violating our Review Guidelines or Terms of Service (in which case we will typically notify the reviewer).

The review may have been suppressed by Yelp's automated software system. This system decides how established a particular reviewer is and whether a review will be shown based on the reviewer's involvement on Yelp. While this may seem unfair to you, this system is designed to protect both consumers and businesses alike from fake reviews (i.e., a malicious review from a competitor or a planted review from an employee).

The process is entirely automated to avoid human bias, and it affects both positive and negative reviews. It's important to note that these reviews are not deleted (they are always shown on the reviewer's public profile) and may reappear on your business page in the future.

Note: Our support team cannot manually restore reviews that are not currently displayed, should you contact us about missing reviews you will receive the information above.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom